This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Random Beef! *Insert Rant Here*

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

What are you paying now and what do you have with them if you dont mind me asking? I think we have unlimited internet, basic cable, home phone but with bell.

they gave us a really good promo price and they try to jack up the price after 12 months but we just call and tell them were cancelling , and they end up giving us the promo for another year. I say get an android box and forget cable. though companies will drop discount bundles when you remove something like cable or land line and so the price actually goes up.

If you really want to save money try a cable box, internet and VOIP for phone.

• DoosDoos Centurion
    edited December 2017

Last time I talked to those dingleberries they reduced my monthly internet and gave me a cable box. I'd been denying the cable every time they offered for years until they were like 'It's gonna cost less for your internet.' and I was like 'Can the guy be here tomorrow etc.' and it all went down with no issues and ladeeda.

I've used the cable box like, twice. TV is lame as balls, streaming is the shit, fuck commercials. That is all.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Ooops i keep calling it a cable box.... I meant android box... My bad

• OzziOzzi Centurion
    edited December 2017

@Law212 I'm paying about 180/month after taxes. I have Ignite 250 down/ 20 up
    Cable, i have the top tier plan, no HBO or any of that.
    and basic home phone, with NA Calling.

I'd like to get on the 500 down or 1 gigabit down.

My mom got one of those android boxes, and she loves it. She told me she might get us one for christmas this year, which would be pretty sweet!

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Yeah thats about what lots of people say they are paying... In canada we actually have the highest rates for things like cable , and internet. We also pay the most for cell phone plans as well.

I want to try to have little to no monthly fees. The less the better. It sucks when knowing that companies have part of your pay just automatically filter to them each month.

• @Doos said:
    TV is lame as balls, streaming is the shit, fuck commercials. That is all.

Yup. I work in TV as you all know, and I rarely watch it and have never subscribed to cable or satellite. The little I do watch: streaming.

For Rogers, I have Ignite 60 and Favourites for their Home Phone. My mobile is with Rogers as well but that's provided and paid for by my company.

The internet connection is supposed to be 60 MB download and 10 upload, but I'm regularly getting Ignite 75 speeds, and paying roughly $5.00 or so less a month, so that works for me!

• My favourite gourmet burger company, South Street Burger Co, changed their buns to a brand that now has milk. Tried one last weekend and my gut was grumpy, though I thought it may have been something else. Tried another one, and yeah, grumpy gut. Thankfully it didn't make me sick, but if its aggravating my gut it'd only be a matter of time if I keep at it, so no more.

Which is a real, real shame as I love their burgers. At least I can still eat the New York Fries.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Damn, that sucks.... No more South Street.

• @Law212 said:
    Damn, that sucks.... No more South Street.

Well we can, but I'll only be eating the fries. But yeah, when we were there last week I noticed the buns were different. Looked up the ingredients afterwards, and milk-based :(.

• DoosDoos Centurion

You could always do that keto thing and get a lettuce bun. :/

• Thought my TV had finally packed it in. But I tried something that I thought "Couldn't hurt".
    I was able to get the TV to go into the diagnostic/service menu. I was able to reset hardware and it worked! Picture isn't perfect but good enough to game on and watch TV.

This menu is not attainable via the remote. I had to unplug the tv and press the input and channel up buttons at the same time and plug in the tv while holding down the buttons.
    February or March is when I'll get a new tv. A smaller one, 32" I think. I'll skip the 4K tv's as I have no need for one.

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited December 2017
    Damn today suck. I have a cold that has been getting worse and worse every night. Two nights ago I only got two hours of sleep because of it then worked an 8 hour shift. Got home and watched some YouTube and went to bed. Laid there for 7 hours again not able to sleep and only got an hour of sleep. I'm now half way through another 8 hour shift with 3 hours of sleep the last 40 ish hours.

I can barely breathe, can't hear out of one ear, barely talk because of a sore throat and want to just die.

Oh yeah and my stomache feels like trash because I was running late for work and chugged a Powerade for the electrolytes and didn't get breakfast except for a bunch of vitamin C tabs I've been downing.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Yup, thats a bad day

• @Doos said:
    You could always do that keto thing and get a lettuce bun. :/

Lettuce is one of the worst things for me. Most vegetables are...

• @Law212 said:
    Yup, thats a bad day

Yeah. Hope things are improving @TimothyWedel .

• DoosDoos Centurion

Oh yeah? I never thought about it I guess but lettuce through the digestive tract probably isn't all that comfortable if you've got the issues.

• @Doos said:
    Oh yeah? I never thought about it I guess but lettuce through the digestive tract probably isn't all that comfortable if you've got the issues.

Correct. It's what my doc calls "roughage," very, very hard to digest. Veggies are very fibrous, their skin at least, so I can't eat them.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

So I went back to my meal plan to get my proper digestive health going again, since it worked so well for so long. Typically on Tuesday nights I have a steamed pasta dish I get from the grocery store: angel hair pasta with grilled chicken in a balsamic sauce; it's pretty good.

This past Tuesday I noticed the sauce tasted a little sour and more tangy, not bad, just different. I checked the ingredients on the box and all seemed fine, so I ate the dish. A few hours later, my gut started cramping, following by nausea, followed by puking my guts out. Mostly the sauce; it was indeed bad.

That sucked, but I was overjoyed my normal digestive upset didn't follow.

The next night I spent a lot of time making rather generous contributions to the city's sewer system.

So now I'm the sickest I've been since late Summer, and I'm basically eating basic toasts and crackers every meal. Tried pushing the diet a little last night and it seemed fine until late this morning, then very sick again.

So this is going to take some time and hopefully I don't need antibiotics.

Very frustrating.

On an aside, I removed the original hashtag from this thread, which was just a number and causing a display issue in the thread list.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Sorry to hear that Juxt.... I hope your recover quickly.... Who else will I go out to lunch with?

@Law212 said:
    Sorry to hear that Juxt.... I hope your recover quickly.... Who else will I go out to lunch with?

Ha, we'll go out for lunch soon enough; though it'll likely be later this month now. This is taking a bit to kick, and I figure about 2 weeks recover time, give or take.

Last Sunday night, I got sick again. I'm starting to worry that it's not just something I ate my sensitive system didn't like, but rather my first flare up of the actual disease for the first time in over a year. I'll be reaching out to my doc soon.

• @Juxtapose said:
    Last Sunday night, I got sick again. I'm starting to worry that it's not just something I ate my sensitive system didn't like, but rather my first flare up of the actual disease for the first time in over a year. I'll be reaching out to my doc soon.

keep us informed old man :)

@EchoGolfSierra said:

@Juxtapose said:

keep us informed old man :)

Ha, will do.

So I'm recovering and starting to eat more stuff again, but my doc wants to be safe and send me for a scope in early April. This will tell us for sure if I'm still in remission and this is dumb luck or not.

This discussion was created from comments split from: Random Stuff About Nothing.
  • MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion

I had to contact Paypal twice in the last week to start an investigation on fraudulant transactions that occured on my account. The first time it tried, through five transactions, to transfer $1240 from my bank account, which didn't have the funds, and ended up bouncing off which the bank now tries to charge me $135 in fees.

Then yesterday Paypal tried to redo two transactions totalling $330 to the same bank account which brought it back in the red. Once again the bank will try to charge me for insufficient funds fees for Paypal's stupidities.

I also asked Paypal to permanently close this account but must wait for them to resolve the fraud claims.

So, as a conclusion, it's been complications over complications and recommend anyone who has a Paypal account to close it up before this happens to you 'cause it wasn't a pleasant experience at all.

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    I feel like having a safe and secure password for your PayPal account is way more convenient than closing it all together

For anything involving money I use a totally different password than any of my other passwords with at least 15 characters, three of them being capitals, three numbers, three symbols and 6 letters. And most of the time a different email address as well.
  • MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion

@TimothyWedel said:
    I feel like having a safe and secure password for your PayPal account is way more convenient than closing it all together

For anything involving money I use a totally different password than any of my other passwords with at least 15 characters, three of them being capitals, three numbers, three symbols and 6 letters. And most of the time a different email address as well.

I had a really strong password yet frauders still found a way to access the account somehow. And since i never use Paypal (anymore) i felt like the most secure option would be to close it off permanently.

• DoosDoos Centurion

I use credit cards for all my online purchasing. If you have the ability to do so I highly recommend the same. I had fraudulent charges once because I bought some boardgames from a site that had weak security and they got hacked (or they were selling my info, either way) and it was as simple as one phone call to resolve.

The cancelled and reissued me a card and none of my actual money (in my bank account) was ever at risk.

As mentioned, using a different password for your banking is obviously also a good idea.