This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Random Beef! *Insert Rant Here*

Comments

• MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion

@Doos said:
    I use credit cards for all my online purchasing. If you have the ability to do so I highly recommend the same. I had fraudulent charges once because I bought some boardgames from a site that had weak security and they got hacked (or they were selling my info, either way) and it was as simple as one phone call to resolve.

The cancelled and reissued me a card and none of my actual money (in my bank account) was ever at risk.

As mentioned, using a different password for your banking is obviously also a good idea.

Yeah, i wish my fraud problem were easily resolved but Paypal tried to start a refund claim instead of blocking the transactions on my bank account and since the said account didn't have the funds it turned out that the bank tried to charge me $275 in fees. So now, not only do i have to argue with Paypal to get that account closed but i also got to argue with the bank to get them to remove the fees they charged to the account...

On another ranting note, wtf is wrong with people? First it was the Tide pods challenge and now they try to snort condoms... seriously, this workd is going crazy-er with each passing day...

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Now if only those idiots would learn how to properly use a condom, wed have a lot less single mothers.

• SmoreninjaSmoreninja Centurion
    The condom challenge is not even new.

@Smoreninja said:
    The condom challenge is not even new.

It's new to me...and still eff'd up...

Finally done dealing with Paypal, it took 18 days to get that damn account closed but finally it's over.

And to prove how stupid their employees are, last time i called they asked me to spell my email address which was fine until they asked me the digits (my mail ends with 13), so i said 1-3...dumb bio cheezes...lol

• OzziOzzi Centurion

I had to deal with paypal on a daily basis with the company I was just working for. I will agree they are terrible for Customer Service, and a bunch of scam artists. I've seen many people get their funds put on hold for no apparent reason, then they never get it back, or it takes months. I'm not talking about 10, 15 bucks, It often was in the tune of $5000 to $30,000. That kind of stuff can put a business under.

• I watched an anime a couple months back that I really loved the animation in. Every episode I would stop and skip back over and over to see how some of the animations and effects came together. I was watching it on Netflix so the quality wasn't the greatest.

Today I thought I'd go online and order the lurays so that I can see how great it really looks. That was a mistake.

They sell the show in two 12 episode sets in North America. Each set is $179 USD ($225 CAD).

Yes, you read that right. For a 24 episode season it costs over $500.

I quit anime. Anime was a mistake.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

At those prices i wouldnt feel bad pirating those.

• Honestly I probably will just so that i can see what it really looks like but I'll still be super bummed that I won't be able to have a physical copy in my collection. This will be the first thing I have pirated in over 4 years.

In the UK they released a much better collectors edition for only ~$100 CAD per part but the first part is sold out already and I don't want to own just part 2. Bummer.
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Last weekend I pulled out my BBQ grill to get it ready for the season, only the find the cooking grates themselves rusted pretty good.

Considering the grill is less than a year old and I wintered it secure in a shed all season, this was quite disappointing.

I contacted the manufacturer and they're shipping me replacement cooking grates under warranty, though I did have to pay for shipping.

I'm hoping to start grilling again this weekend coming or the Mother's Day weekend at the latest.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Best buy has some awesome deals on things, other times they try to Eff you in the A.

So Best Buy does this to me a lot.

I see something I have wanted and wow its on sale for an awesome price!
    Take it to register to pay....its 3 times the price listed on the shelf.

Then its a struggle to get them to honour the price they were advertising the item for.

It happened months ago with a steelbook copy of Batman and Harley Quinn.
    It was listed for 19.99 on the shelf so i grabbed it.

when i was done and went to pay they wanted 32.99 plus tax. I explained the shelf price is 19.99 . The girl at the counter who looked like she hated life itself insisted "no steelbook movie is under 20 bucks".....

Though I clearly saw a lot of them under 20 bucks. including 2 despicable me movies .

Anyway i told her I looked all over to make sure this wasn't just moved from its original location, as there are no other copies and there are no other stickers specifying the steelbook...

She refused to sell it at that price. I left empty handed.

a week later i see John wick 1 and 2 steelbook 4K combo for 29.99/ Again i look all over to make sure its not in the wrong spot.....

I take it to pay. sorry thats 49.99.....

Again I tell the girl (different One) that the shelf price is 29.99. She says well let me go check if there are a few on the shelf and its at that price then we have to give it to you at that price.

so we go look and there are 3 more. .... She says thats not enough.....

I nearly twisted her head off and ate her eyeballs. No but i was upset. Left empty handed but that night i wrote a letter to some manager of best buy and he said that they should have given me the items at those prices .... He gave me a 50 dollar gift card and said hed bring up at the next meeting how they are supposed to treat those situation.

Tonight I got into best buy. GTA 5 on sale for 29.99. Ok i want to try online anyway so i pick it up , alogn with Friday the 13th 8 movie blu ray collection also on sale.

She rings it up it comes to over 100 dollars.

huh why?

well the game is 69.99///

oh fuck here we go.

So i tell her , no the sign says 29.99 and there are two GTA 5 PC signs saying 29.99

She goes and gets the tag. Then says oh its a different sku

I say there is only one version of the game..

She says well on the website it says 69.99 and the PC version never goes on sale.

I say , that doesn't make sense, if it never goes on sale why would you have printed 2 tags with the game on sale for 29.99///

She gets a manager and tries her hardest to not let me have it, but the manager told her to sell it to me at that price. IF he didn't i would have gotten pissed.

thats my rant.

• DoosDoos Centurion

That's ridiculous. Why are these bitches trying to keep you down? I don't want to victim blame a guy here but I've never had an experience like that once let alone multiple times in the same store.

Are you swinging your hog around like an umbrella when you're talking to these chicks or something?

Law212TimothyWedel
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Who knows, but it happens a lot at best buy

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited May 9
    Yeah my experiences with Best Buy are mostly the same. This thing happens a lot where there will be a game I want and a ton of copies on the shelf. I'll bring one to the till and they'll be like "oh that's just an empty case we actually don't have any copies of that game". Why do you have 8 empty cases on the shelf then?

It has happened all 3 times I went to get a game from there this year.
    I liked FutureShop better
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Future shop was way better .

@Law212 That's weird man. This the Ajax Best Buy? That's the one I go to, and I've never had any issue like that.

For me, they always price match, refund, exchange, etc. proper. I've had nothing but excellent customer service there.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

It was at both the scarborough and ajax locations

Juxtapose
    Purolator is absolute trash
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

@TimothyWedel said:
    Purolator is absolute trash

Why thoughh

I've been waiting for an important package for 3 days. First day it was on the truck the 4 hours later tracking number says they attempted delivery and nobody was home. Second day same thing even though my dad was home all day and watched a purolator truck drive right by our house. Today is looking like the same thing even though I talked to support for 2 hours.

I paid over $25 for 2 day shipping because I needed what was in the package 3 days ago...
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

well def complain and get that shipping refund.

I've been let down by most courier services. The one that excels at lowering the bar is Canada Post
    I have never had a problem with Canada Post before. Maybe having a full CP location in my hardware store has something to do with that though.
    why in the living hell does it cost $4000 to do surgery on a small puppy's leg? My little guy injured himself a couple of days ago and has been limping and yelping since. We got him into a vet as soon as we could and they put him on $100 meds and told us to lock him up for 2 weeks so he can't walk at all. If he's not better by then it will cost $4000 to fix...

That's literally every penny I have ever saved in my life. Down the drain because my dog jumped at a ball weird.
  • DoosDoos Centurion

Animals don't have socialized health care.

Pet insurance is something look into if you want to avoid the massive cost in the future. As always, insurance is you gambling that one day, your contributions will be outweighed or equaled by your use of the insurance, plus peace of mind knowing (mostly knowing, insurance companies will do what they can to not pay you) that if something happens you're not footing a large bill when you need something.

Sorry to hear about your doggy.

Shit like that makes you appreciate Canada's Health Care for people. Wait times are up, but you're not bankrupt for surgery.

Juxtapose

@Doos said:
    (mostly knowing, insurance companies will do what they can to not pay you)

^This part is always "fun" to deal with.

@TimothyWedel Really sorry to hear about your dog man.

Since dick waffle broke into my house and stole anything of value from my roommate. The only reason why I was spared us because said roommate came home and almost washed in on them.

@Smoreninja said:
    Since dick waffle broke into my house and stole anything of value from my roommate. The only reason why I was spared us because said roommate came home and almost washed in on them.

^Autocorrect butchered most of what you're trying to say. Or you're drunk.

Bleh. I'll try again when I'm on the computer.