This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Random Beef! *Insert Rant Here*

Comments

• Mr. Goody two shoes here.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I honestly don't know why we were always causing such trouble.

Our parents weren't mean to us, we weren't beaten or abused. We were coming up in the world as far as money goes by that point. So, middle class, so to speak.

We had hobbies, I was in guitar lessons and had a variety of social dealings through various groups... my brother was in gymnastics and had his own clubs and friends etc.

We weren't looking for attention, in fact, we were looking to avoid attention, as getting caught meant trouble.

I think it's the fact that there were no video games in our house at that point. No computer, no console.

There was before that, when we were 8-9 etc. there was a Commodore 64. After those years of trouble there was a PS1-2.

I think we were just bored... and wanted entertainment any way we could find it.

There are a lot more stories from those days too. I'm jotting them down as I remember them.

Some are awesome... some are not. :P
  • Well, I don't have anything as exciting as that...but my story from growing up is called- the day i almost killed myself with vodka.

I was 16, and my friend Tom was 17. He wrote his last exam one morning and we were going to hang out in the afternoon. He came over to my house at about noon...with a bottle of vodka. We waited until my father was gone after being home for lunch, and we started taking long pulls on that bottle...no mix...straight vodka. Tom had a bit more drinking experience, especially with hard liqour than I did. We finished it in about 15 minutes. Off we go downtown to get something to eat. i remember leaving my house, and about 7 hours (yup...7 ) hours later...I woke up in the ICU of my local hospital.

Alchohol poisoning boys and girls, is not fun. Tom told me later...he was in one of the rooms in the ER, and my dad was talking to him...telling him how dissapointed he was in us, and stuff like that.

Tom, who was being violently sick to his stomach, was pointing at me...as I was bouncing off the gurney I was on, going into convulsions.

As I found out later on, I almost died from the poisoning. Needless to say, I don't drink much vodka to this day.

let this be a lesson to everyone...drink in moderation.
  • Yeah Alcohol can be really dangerous, my friends and I just stick to pot unless there is a party or something then its drink time :p
  • I like alchohal, it's a Polish thing perhaps. That and you quickly learn that you gotta stay in control of how much you drink, when it goes down like water stay away and drink some water. Hence why I don't like heniken.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    a certain other forum is annoying these days - seems full of so much retadedness. Can hardly stand to read it and not heckle anymore.
  • a certain other forum is annoying these days - seems full of so much retadedness. Can hardly stand to read it and not heckle anymore.
    sadly
    this
  • I got a hold of one of the nutritional charts from work today (Boston Pizza), oh lord.
  • I got a hold of one of the nutritional charts from work today (Boston Pizza), oh lord.
    you expected pizza to be healthy :P
    I love Boston Pizza, though I never expected their pizza's to be healthy. Lots of grease.

I love their Caesar salads and steaks too.
  • It seems that xbox.ca's resident begger is back.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    meh, let him beg. just bring the other cool people here instead. i cant moderate beggars there but i can here!
  • The pizza wasnt what surprised me, its the salads, the starters and the pastas.

Like 1040 calories and 104g of fat for a Greek Salad...
  • The pizza wasnt what surprised me, its the salads, the starters and the pastas.

Like 1040 calories and 104g of fat for a Greek Salad...
    How's the Caesar Salad? I love saturating it with bacon bits. Sweet, sweet bacon...
  • Uhm, well without the bacon (it doesnt say how much with it) its 400 cal and 37g fat, so not too too bad
  • Yeah Salads are healthy just not the dressings and all the toppings
    I'm really hungry for boston pizza right now, its the closest thing to pizza hut I can find
    I'm really hungry for boston pizza right now, its the closest thing to pizza hut I can find
    I've noticed here in Toronto, a lot of sit-down Pizza Huts have been closing down. There's one right across the street from me, and it's one of the last few left.

But yeah, I also want Boston Pizza. And Domino's Pizza. Pizza Nova's on the way as I type this.

Mmmmm... pizza.
    I've noticed here in Toronto, a lot of sit-down Pizza Huts have been closing down. There's one right across the street from me, and it's one of the last few left.
    blockquote>
    Thats DQ for Calgary
  • Yeah I'm pretty sure there is only one more pizza hut in Burlington and its far away
    There is a great local family run place near me though
  • I had pizza hut today. Now if you don't mind I'm gonna stay on this comfy bed and feel like my insides are going to burst.
  • I had pizza hut today. Now if you don't mind I'm gonna stay on this comfy bed and feel like my insides are going to burst.
    So greasy, but so good! Dude, you want an awesome Pizza Hut experience that never ends well? Order:

- Small Garlic Bread with Cheese
    - Small Pepperoni and double Bacon Traditional Pan Pizza

Guaranteed to filter out your gut.
  • SmoreninjaSmoreninja Centurion
    edited October 2010
    Well a giant pile of "What the fuck?" took a giant crap on Center street and 7th ave yesterday in Calgary that crap was a automobile accident.

Please use the link here to get a sense of my story http://www.calgarytransit.com/route_maps/lrt_stop.html

Being a public transit user that has to go from Anderson Station to SAIT/ACAD/Jubilie Station I have to go past 7th ave which is fine on a normal day but this was not a normal day.

So I get on at Anderson Station and enjoy my OC Remix when I hear the train driver mumble something and I swear I could hear him better when I was listeining to my Ipod.
    When we finally get to Victoria Park/Stampede station someone finally decodes mumbleing moron and tells everyone that the train is going to turn around and head back.

Now this is the first time I had to go past downtown (7th ave) when the trains were messed up.

So I had no idea what to do but I decided to follow the crowd than we all stopped at a bus station (For the shuttle bus to haul our asses to a working train station I assume) at this moment the idea clicked in "Ask questions" so I asked around and found out that I could get my arse to 7th ave at the bus station I'm via Shuttle bus.

I never did get on the shuttle bus since the next bus was a regular bus that was 15 minutes late. Which was grand since my day started with me missing my first bus since it came early. After asking more questions I learned that that bus could ferry me to city hall which is on 7th ave. Yay me.

I got off at city hall and went to the first train station I could and asked around as to how to get north than some nice lady told me I need to get to 8th street. I was at Olympic plazza station at the time.

So I begain my epic quest to 8th street and when I arrived I noticed that I was already late so I stopped by Tim Hortens and snagged me an Ice cap (it was a warm fall day) and Canadian Maple. Nom nom!

My ride back home was simple regular and uneventful just how I like it.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Hooray for public transit!

I loved the SkyTrain in Vancouver... but every once in awhile some chump would jump on the tracks and off themselves and that would just fuck the system right up.

Happens in my job too...

Some poor sap decides to suicide and they think the best way to do it is to hop in front of your train.

At times, attempts can be quite humorous.. some of our trains on short stints don't go all that fast, say, 5-15MPH, we've had a few people just lying on the tracks waiting for the high speed train to end their problems... and here comes this little puller going slow as molasses.

The engineers will normally pull up real close, stop, then we get out on the hood and ask 'em if the want us to keep going.

That normally gets rid of them.

Silly bastards.
  • Living in a city with good public transit would be nice
  • I enjoy public transit normally yesterday was an exception.
  • Yea, public transit, in Toronto, IMHO, is one of the WORST public transit systems in the world. If you ever visit Hong Kong, they've got one of the most amazing ones I've ever witnessed. Fully automated, with only 1-2 workers dealing with Customer Service issues at each station. (Card issues, money not being added to card, etc.) Paying & the movement of the subway cars is all automated, as well as their cars stopping so that the car doors and glass doors match up perfectly.
  • Overmoderation is back in full swing on xbox forums. "strike" one down for community.
  • Over seas seems to have the best public transit the paris subway was godly
    in terms of organization