This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Random Beef! *Insert Rant Here*

Comments

• Japan is the premier of public transit
  • Holy crap one topic really got a large hit of delete.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    edited October 2010
    yeah like five of my posts just got deleted. "off topic" .... as if.

that place is where community goes to die.

its a shame theres no mod or mvp able to actually help the community there. oh well, we have this place now hahaha.
  • yeah like five of my posts just got deleted. "off topic" .... as if.

its a shame theres no mod or mvp able to actually help the community there. oh well, we have this place now hahaha.
    Agreed..I've had threads discussing games deleted..I helped someone and was then warned that I will be banned from the forums forever. the reason? Writing in english in the french forums to respond to someone who clearly spoke english.

it's a shame..I always think that the forums will go back to what they once were..everytime it seems like that..the moderation team "strikes" again.

This place seems pretty sweet tho :) Might make it a regular stop.

my other beef would be..Why did blizzard ruin enhance shaman? :(

And hello everybody !
  • Say hello in the welcome thread, and hello Rebelled
  • yeah like five of my posts just got deleted. "off topic" .... as if.

:(

Speaking of which, who has the upper hand in an argument? A forum mod or an MVP?
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    What in the fuck is microsoft doing with its cloud computing initiatives? its got like 10 or more of them now. Some of them work together. Some of them are the same fucking thing with different names. They just announced Office 365. Holy shit guys, can you consolidate and simplify? I'm a techie and even I'm confused now. Why does it even need to be a separate thing with a name? Can't it just be a feature of office?
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    yeah like five of my posts just got deleted. "off topic" .... as if.

:(

Speaking of which, who has the upper hand in an argument? A forum mod or an MVP?
    afaik, an M and a V are on equal footing moderation wise (but a C trumps both)
  • What in the fuck is microsoft doing with its cloud computing initiatives? its got like 10 or more of them now. Some of them work together. Some of them are the same fucking thing with different names. They just announced Office 365. Holy shit guys, can you consolidate and simplify? I'm a techie and even I'm confused now. Why does it even need to be a separate thing with a name? Can't it just be a feature of office?
    I was wondering the same actually... I don't even know which ones still exist, and which ones work best with what software... lol
  • DjDATZDjDATZ n00b
    edited October 2010
    rant tag

Happened this morning: I'm driving down the diamond lane (admittedly, I wasn't supposed to be, but that's beside the poin) and a car merges from the left lane over 2 lanes into my lane. Then, he proceeds to turn right, which means he has to slow down greatly from the speed limit. The problem was, right before that, there's a downhill, so I was about 10km/h over the limit.

Luckily for me and the car, I predicted this person's blatant idiocy and started braking before they were even in my lane. (The angle at which they were merging suggested they weren't going to stop at the middle lane.) Had I not predicted that this person would be a full on f***ing moron and pull a dumbass move like this, we'd both probably be in the hospital, and both cars would be in a scrapyard.

When riders (motorcyclists) are told to ride as if everyone is out to kill you, it ain't far from the truth. The roads are PACKED of STUPID drivers!!

/rant
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I'm about to begin commuting to work. 100km each way. I believe I will have many a scary and ridiculous story to tell soon.

Fuck.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    @DjDATZ I stopped using mesh when i learned it was going to be discontinued or absorbed into another product or something. its too confusing. i went to dropbox instead. its not as good but not bad either.

i have a refferal link if you want to sign up for dropbox :D
  • #1 Rule for pedestrians: Assume the idiot driving the car wants to hit you.
  • edited October 2010
    Cidiots.. we get them all the time here. You city folk dont notice them.

Think they own the road, dont know how to drive with any remove passiveness.
    I'm about to begin commuting to work. 100km each way. I believe I will have many a scary and ridiculous story to tell soon.

Fuck.
    My dad drives to Mississauga 4 days a week for work :P (thats about 1 hour 50 to 2 hours 15.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    That sounds like it sucks.
  • That sounds like it sucks.
    Yeah. From Georgian Bay to Mississauga, thats gotta suck for sure
  • That sounds like it sucks.
    Yeah. From Georgian Bay to Mississauga, thats gotta suck for sure
    wow long drive eh
  • @DjDATZ I stopped using mesh when i learned it was going to be discontinued or absorbed into another product or something. its too confusing. i went to dropbox instead. its not as good but not bad either.

i have a refferal link if you want to sign up for dropbox :D
    Already been using Dropbox for 2 weeks, it's hella awesome. :D
  • Modern music has made people retarded.

A song with a distorted guitar is now looked at as HEAVY METAL
    A song with any sort of raspy-ness in the singers voice is SCREAMO.

Are you retarded?
  • Modern music has made people retarded.

A song with a distorted guitar is now looked at as HEAVY METAL
    A song with any sort of raspy-ness in the singers voice is SCREAMO.

Are you retarded?
    Yeah...
    and people who call all metal screamo even if the vocals are clean or just a bit raspy like you said

Also people who only listen to top 40's bother me, and I'm in high school so its 90% of all the girls praising beiber or some terrible r&b or techno with auto tune

• edited October 2010
    I can almost guarantee you if you were to ask any class with a 50/50 split of males to females, that 40% of the class would not know who Rush is...

And if they did, they know it from guitar hero or 'I Love You Man'. Same with rage against the machine, but with a much lower number.

Only about 1 in 20 people would know who Tool is, and that probably an overstatement.

Metallica is looked at as an antichrist in schools mostly, i mean im not a fan of them anymore, but they arent satanic, thats for sure... they arent really even dark.

All people listen to is Rap, and its frustrating. Especially when they praise Lil Wayne like hes some sort of god. That guy is more autotuned than T Payne, but his rhymes sound like they were made by a 6 year old.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    edited October 2010
    High School Cool = Be like everyone!
    Post-Secondary Cool = Be like no one!
    Everything after school cool = Don't be like you were in high school or post-secondary.

:)
  • See, I don't care what I listen to as long as I like it. I know; crazy right? Heck I didn't even listen to music until I got Guitar Hero since everyone acted liked an idiot of different caliber based on their stereotype based on what they listen to.
  • RajioRajio Centurion

So Zune pass has gone live in more countries yet still no support for Canada. What. The. Fuck.

• So Zune pass has gone live in more countries yet still no support for Canada. What. The. Fuck.
    This.
  • High School Cool = Be like everyone!
    Post-Secondary Cool = Be like no one!
    Everything after school cool = Don't be like you were in high school or post-secondary.

:)
    For me, I was always "Just be me." Got ripped on at different points for that, but fuck 'em.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Me too... and exactly.
  • So I'm bring back the whole "Change topic name" thing again for the one topic I think we are trying to get locked in Xbox.ca
    Speaking of which.... When I check out the forums I still see the old school style.