This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Random Beef! *Insert Rant Here*

Comments

• I got the original Rock Band kit early on and just now the whammy bar is acting wonky but that is because I didn't treat it as well as I should have and I did use it a lot.
  • I went through both the RB1 and RB2 drum sets like they were nothing :D I played those games an insane amount...
  • My BEEF of the day centers around my supervisor and his inability to remove his head from his own ass.

A bit of backstory first. I have worked night audit at a hotel in town for the past 9 years and have skipped the staff party every year due to it being held on a Sunday (my Monday).

This year things are going to be different. I gave my supervisor six weeks notice that I wanted the day off to attend the staff party and drink my face off. His response was to start waffling and comming up with excuses because giving me the day off would result in more work for himself. He even went and gave the day off to the new kid on the desk who has only been with us for a few months.

This caused something inside me to snap and a visious shouting match ensued (in the middle of the hotel lobby). I just can't abide by someone who puts themselves first all the time at the expense of others. Eventually the douchbag realized the error of his ways and I get to attend a party I have only seen from afar. Time to get my drink on.
  • Eventually the douchbag realized the error of his ways and I get to attend a party I have only seen from afar. Time to get my drink on.
    Nice! Congrats! Hope you have a blast, don't get too drunk! Oh, and welcome to Delay of Game! :D
  • My beef of the month goes to outsourcing and the utter amount of extra work it generates for me.

My bee for the day would have go to Websense. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Websense Why? Cuz my Google Talk within Gmail is blocked, which means I essentially have no outlet during the day. RAWR.
  • My beeff is with how marks are weighted in highschool
    I had a 78% in marketing last week also last week I froze on my test and fucked it up real bad
    now I have a 62% FUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I just dropped 1k on winter tires and rims. Fuck beans! They feel good on the ol' car though, so fuck you winter, I'm ready to make you my bitch! First I'm gonna drive you soft... yeah, you like that? Now take it! TAKE IT ALL!
    I had a 78% in marketing last week also last week I froze on my test and fucked it up real bad
    I can tell you with 100% confidence that it won't matter at all in a few years, so fear not.
    I can tell you with 100% confidence that it won't matter at all in a few years, so fear not.
    I'm applying to college next week for sept '11
    so I'm kinda stressing over my marks

• Once you get a degree/diploma... Experience is the most important thing. Most people couldn't give fuck all about your GPA. lol
    I'm applying to college next week for sept '11
    so I'm kinda stressing over my marks

Pretty much same here. Im applying for University in the Christmas Break. So i need to raise my English mark a bit. Such an oldschool teacher, very boring style. My Grade 11 Teacher was so much better and fun (easier marker too).
    I mean I'm sitting at a 74%.. but that wont cut it for some Universities. The line is drawn usually between a 70% and 75%. Thats just to get considered.

All my other marks are MINT though (so far), its only Sem 1, sem 2 is my toughie.

@the1npc Where are you applying?

Because I was planning on UofGuelph, UWaterloo and I have decided a third yet, i was thinking Mac, but i have a feeling it wont be for me.
  • I am also hoping to head off to college sometime soon, but not next year. I need some time to work and earn a little cash before I do.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Random Stuff About Trains: (Those who don't know, I work with trains... and enjoy talking about them from time to time)

Trains are the biggest land vehicles on the planet.

They are the most economically friendly and cost efficient way to get mass quantities of freight over long distances.

The friction base of a train one mile long is about the size of a classroom desk. Each wheel has about a dime sized portion touching the tracks at all times. Compare that to the amount of tire on your car touching the road.

People like to come watch trains for some reason. They call themselves 'Rail buffs', we call them 'Foamers', implying that they foam at the mouth every time they see a train.

Historically, foamers make the worst railroaders. They can tell you everything about that engine or that car or the history of the area, but they can't move a railcar from one place to another to save their fucking lives. They suck. This I have witnessed first hand, multiple times in multiple terminals. Fucking foamers...

Random questions I get asked:

Why is that fucking train going back and forth on the crossing? Pick a fucking direction already, you son of a bitch!!

It's going back and forth because it's moving from one track to another. It will pull forward to clear a switch, that switch will be lined by a guy on the ground, then the train will back up again into the other track. Sometimes this is a quick maneuver, other times, not so much. The train is either being built with cars to take somewhere, or it's arriving back from somewhere and putting the cars away to be sorted later.

When you hit someone, the police always ask (As they're supposed to for all collisions) 'Did you try to avoid them?' Which is always a funny time for train personnel. 'Cause we're on rails. There ain't no steering wheel.

Why is the train honking at me? I'm sitting at the crossing, the gates are down, why the hell is the bastard honking at me?!?!

We're not really honking at you. We are required by rule 14f to blow the horn at specific crossings. Two long, one short, one long. Bwaaaah-Bwaaaah-Bwah-Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Most of us enjoy it if you honk back. Unless it's angry honking. Then we think you're an asshole, just like you think we are.

Why is this train moving so fucking slowly?

It's either arriving somewhere, departing somewhere, on really bad track and therefore speed restricted or there's a problem.

How many people work on a train?

Freight train? 2-3 depending. Passenger train? 2 Engineers and a bunch of helper people for the passengers. I don't know about GO trains or any of that.

That's all for now.
  • Hawks I am applying to Flemming (Lindsay) Niagara (Welland) Algonquin (Pembrooke)
    then maybe Humber (Toronto)

If you need another choice check out Queens (Kingston), Ryerson (Toronto) and U of T
    I have some friends currenty there and they really enjoy thier programs
  • U of T is a definite NO.

I like the small-town feel of Guelph (and apparenly waterloo aswell). Which is nice because I myself am not a city-person. Living in a town of 20k people or so my whole life.
  • Maybe the city will be a fun new experience
    My Dad really liked Guelph but this was years ago...the school could be completely different

Personally I like Toronto because there lots to do, my friends and I are always bored here :p
  • edited December 2010
    Im kind of pissed off at my Grade 12 University English class right now. I mean.. ive been a bit pissed at it the whole semester, but its just annoying now.

For the last week or so we've been reading Shakespeare's King Lear. It was a pretty decent play, but i dont wanna get into the argument of teaching Elizabethan English in a modern english class.
    Anyways, we finished King Lear on Tuesday, then Wednesday we started our essays, and the essay is due on Friday (as in tomorrow). On top of that we have an ISU (major project) Seminar coming up any time from Today to the day before we leave for Christmas Break. My seminar is next Wednesday, and if that wasnt enough we have the final ISU essay due 2 days after we present our seminar. So next friday i have another Essay due. That, on top of ALL the other school work going on. And of course to my luck gym just transferred to health this week until next friday...

Oh and my god Health is gay this year.
    Every year you do something different, its not just Sex-Ed all the way through. Only grade 9. Grade 10 was... well i dont remember. Grade 11 was mental illnesses. And this year *drumroll*..... Relationships. How fucking exciting.

On a completely unrelated note
    @the1npc My mom went to Guelph aswell, and she said other than the buildings it felt very the same. Its a medium-small school, which is what i would like. I am not a city person, and living on my own for the first time in a city would just be ... disastrous.

HOLY SHIT this is getting annoying. My mouse keeps disconnecting. Stupid ACER mouses, i need a decent wireless gaming one... The chord of the one im using now keeps popping out of the mouse itself ever so slightly enough to cause a disconnect. The mouse freezes for a second or so and goes back to normal after jumping half way across the screen. Try playing Call of Duty with that gentlemen...

I appologize for all the complaints. But i havent done that in a while
  • So I go on Halo Reach and think: I'm gonna see what the new matchmaking options are.
    As it turns out since I don't have the map pack I can only do firefight.
    So now I have to pay more money to use service I already pay money for.
    Didn't I hate this when EA attempted to do this to used games?
  • It is 4:30am right now.
    I am totally bored.
    That is all.
  • It is 4:30am right now.
    I am totally bored.
    That is all.
    Same thing happened to me, but it was more around 2:30 and I had Medal of Honor, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Bioshock 2, Metro 2033 and Madden 11 to try still. I guess my beef is having way to many games to play through, with so little time.
  • So I go on Halo Reach and think: I'm gonna see what the new matchmaking options are.
    Incorrect. You can still do at least Rumble Pit without the map pack.
  • Was at a team outing yesterday at Jack Astor's. Good food, good time. One of my coworkers was flirting with the waitress and doing real well, and at the end of the night, she asked him what he was going to do with the rest of the night. He said "I'm going to go home and play video games."

Her face just dropped, and his chances completely died at that exact moment.

He wasn't trying to pick her up and was just having fun, but it's both funny and sad at the same time. And I'm not talking about him or his chosen hobby for that night.
    Y'see I saw the whole Players do not have the Recommended Map pack thing and instantly thought it said: You can't play since you won't give me money.
    Like it did in Halo 3 but nowa days it is all recommended.
    Y'see I saw the whole Players do not have the Recommended Map pack thing and instantly thought it said: You can't play since you won't give me money.
    Like it did in Halo 3 but nowa days it is all recommended.
    Yeah. What they did in Halo 3 was just wrong.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    So, on .ca Wick98 has had the 'What did you accomplish in gaming' threads going for the last little while. Once they reach a certain amount of posts they are auto-locked and a new one must be started...

The auto-lock has just recently shut down Vol. 2 and now Vol. 3 was started by Rebelled.

My random beef here is that... it makes me feel very weird and a bit angry that he kind of stole Wicks thunder for such a good thread.

It's strange, 'cause it shouldn't matter, but it kind of ticks me off because Rebelled is such an antagonizing poster, he shouldn't get recognition (Not through CUL, that shit don't matter) for a good thread like that because he hasn't earned it.

Is that just me that feels that way? It's a bit fucked up, I know... anywho...
  • So, on .ca Wick98 has had the 'What did you accomplish in gaming' threads going for the last little while. Once they reach a certain amount of posts they are auto-locked and a new one must be started...

The auto-lock has just recently shut down Vol. 2 and now Vol. 3 was started by Rebelled.

My random beef here is that... it makes me feel very weird and a bit angry that he kind of stole Wicks thunder for such a good thread.

It's strange, 'cause it shouldn't matter, but it kind of ticks me off because Rebelled is such an antagonizing poster, he shouldn't get recognition (Not through CUL, that shit don't matter) for a good thread like that because he hasn't earned it.

Is that just me that feels that way? It's a bit fucked up, I know... anywho...
    Thanks for thinking about me. I was originally a little bit dismayed by it, but he did it for the good of the community, I assume. I didn't get on the forums until a while after it was locked, so he went ahead and made a new one so there'd be a thread for people to post in.

I was actually just about to create one when I noticed it because Striker QC had sent me a message, telling me he'd locked it and to create a new one. He also locked the Great Canadian Deals thread, so he told me to create a new one of those too, which I did.
    I find it funny Rebelled did something unwittingly that Striker asked for.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Looks like we're allowed to "discuss" deals again :P
  • Looks like we're allowed to "discuss" deals again :P
    Yay for the simple pleasures in life.
  • DjDATZDjDATZ n00b
    edited January 2011
    @Doos that train post... yea... HELLA awesome! Serious LOL at the "did you try to avoid them?" question... You could always answer, yes, I jumped out of the car and tried to push the train off the rails. Unfortunately that didn't work as intended as evident by my lack of arms.
    Was at a team outing yesterday at Jack Astor's. Good food, good time. One of my coworkers was flirting with the waitress and doing real well, and at the end of the night, she asked him what he was going to do with the rest of the night. He said "I'm going to go home and play video games."

Her face just dropped, and his chances completely died at that exact moment.

He wasn't trying to pick her up and was just having fun, but it's both funny and sad at the same time. And I'm not talking about him or his chosen hobby for that night.
    I think I may have paid money to see that face!!
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    @Doos that train post... yea... HELLA awesome! Serious LOL at the "did you try to avoid them?" question... You could always answer, yes, I jumped out of the car and tried to push the train off the rails. Unfortunately that didn't work as intended as evident by my lack of arms.
    Speaking of which... this video came to my attention recently.

Fucking awesome. Dude must've felt like a million bucks. If there were one of him following every car, no one would get stuck ever again. Hero is right.