This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Good Fit Gamers Program

OzziOzzi Centurion
edited January 2013 in General
Hello Everyone!
So here we are in a day and age with fast food and preservatives. really not the healthiest choices out there!

I challenge all of you including myself to cut that out of our diets!

For an example last night i cooked up a salmon filet with rice and veggies. made a great dinner! and a great lunch today!

I did that instead of going to the store and getting

fish sticks or

McDonald's....

Etc etc etc!

The preservatives and unhealthy choices are everywhere now!

not only did i eat less calories. I added more essential vitamins and nutrients in me!

we can all make goals!

for me

-Quit Drinking Coffee
-Lose weight
-Gain more muscle
-Eating more Veggies
-Eat less red meats
-Drink more water

I know some of these seem like they're easy but once we get into a habit its hard to quit it!

Lets start off slow.

"Drop The Pop"

I challenge everyone including myself to stop drinking pop!

- Drink a glass of water instead.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

The Second portion of this is Fitness:

I'm not the most educated in this subject, but seeing were starting off small Nike has created a brand about bringing the

workout to your house as it tracks your progress! whether its from a mobile device or from a gaming console like the Xbox.

Here are a few of their workouts apps/games.

(Nike Marketed this towards women, but it works the exact same for men. i have a few friends that use this app and they tell me it kicks their asses every day.)

This really does make it so people can pick it up and workout! It's so easy too, that there shouldn't be any excuses!

With this i challenge you to Start doing some more physical activity!

The Phone app is free and the game costs 50 Dollars new.

You can start on there or find your own way to get more physical activity in!

PS.If someone with more physical experience could add to this that would be awesome!

Lets start an open discussion!

Comments

• Fuck you ill eat what I want.

In all seriousness though, I didn't read the thread...ill get to that when I'm done my supper. Mother Fucking Big Mac meal Suppah SIZE.
  • ^^ I also heard that you are old. :P
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    wow way to derail a thread in record time people.
  • edited January 2013
    Law212 wrote:
    wow way to derail a thread in record time people.

My post was completely on topic. Your accusations of de-railing the thread (and by extension, this post pointing it out) has in-fact, de-railed the thread.
  • I agree, totally de-railed now. Good fucking job, Law.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    No one cares what you think because you're fat and ugly.
  • Seriously guys...

Ozzi, I'm a fatty by choice. I like the way my flab jiggles every time I laugh at some noob I pewned while playing CoD with my peepz.
  • @Ozzi I've actually been working on changing my eating habits over time, and I started this prior to being diagnosed with Crohn's. Once I was diagnosed and had to change my diet for specific health reasons, I cut even more out.

I still eat McDonald's about once a week (I ate it less before), but that's because of the higher calorie content, which I need right now.

Generally though I eat a lot of sandwiches, both home made and from Subway, and I snack on bananas, pistachios, chips, fruit bars, and I drink my Ensure Plus.

If I had more free time, I'd actually learn to cook proper meals, but with only a few hours to myself a day, I want to be relaxing as opposed to cooking.
  • Diet = Fine. Only time I ever drink pop is if it has alcohol in it. Im constantly eating fruit and bringing lunch to work. I rarely go out to eat. Instead of ground beef I use Ground Turkey. Sure I might have pizza, or some frozen delish food that is horrible for you. But in retrospect its not that bad.

As for the whole working out thing, I have problems with that due to past sports injuries and chronic asthma which makes it hard to do certain physical activites and even for extended periods of time.

Whenever I go to my parents place for a big meal that is high in fat or very rich, I tend to feel like shit for the next few days because of how bad it was for me.
  • I am eating a lot better lately...but still have backwards eating habits due to night shift. When i get up around 6:00 pmish, I grab some cereal and a coffee...and have alight dinner when I get home. I am getting out for walks more, well..not last week cause it was so cold, but usually take my half hour lunch break to go for a walk around the neighbourhood at work.

I need to do more...but getting my lazy butt going is the hard thing right now. I also have a stationary bike/treadmill in my building that I am making more use of now.
  • I'm really terrible at bringing myself supper when I work. There is a McDonalds literally right across the fucking street so that's where everyone goes all the time. I hate eating it so often but I get so hungry so I'm like "fuck it, it's just gonna be fries and a mcdouble" and then that happens 2, 3 times a week.

Also, for the past week and some I've been eating pizza pops for breakfast. Could be due in part to the fact that we really don't have anything in the cupboards right now but still!
    My mum has some better stuff at her place right now, so I'll be eating toast instead. Maybe cereal.

I just need to get better eating habits. I enjoy exercising (just need to get into the habit) but the fact that I have shitty eating habits doesn't hep at all.

I'm very lazy when it comes to food. I hate cooking so I usually grab like, pizza pops or mcdonalds over chicken and rice, say.

Think I'll download that app.
  • SintacsSintacs Centurion
    all in favour of a jiggly and proud club? i wouldnt call myself fat, not even chubby, im still fairly skinny, but ill get to fat someday! now i think im gonna go deep fry some bacon for lunch.
  • Sintacs wrote:
    all in favour of a jiggly and proud club? i wouldnt call myself fat, not even chubby, im still fairly skinny, but ill get to fat someday! now i think im gonna go deep fry some bacon for lunch.

As long as Gabe is our mascot.
  • Sintacs wrote:

Newell?
  • Juxtapose wrote:
    Sintacs wrote:

Newell?

Yes.
  • Juxtapose wrote:
    Sintacs wrote:

Newell?

Yes.

Yeah, he'd be a good mascot. Then I can criticize Half-Life 2 to him in person.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Put in a pretty good workout tonight.

Started with stair sprints 3 reps of 3 with an added 100 pounds. That was the warmup. Then on to biceps, shoulders, then sit ups about 200 in different positions, and pushups to finish.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    ^ Wicked never ended up doing cardio yesterday, but im going to try out that app and see what its like today....if it was sunny i'd go biking today. temp wise its awesome 12 degrees. so no more snow.

So, who is quitting drinking Pop?

I haven't drunken one since Saturday, i do admit I've had cravings but I've fought them off :)

Actually i haven't had much or any sugar in my diet apart from the fruit in my oatmeal.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Quitting pop is a good idea. I want to but its tough. Cutting out sugar would be great.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    I hear you Wick pop is an elixir of the gods.
  • I'm reading this as I've got a bottle of pepsi beside me.

I should tell my parents to stop getting me pop. My mum likes coke but I like pepsi, so she usually gets both. I tend to order pop whenever I'm out anyways, i.e. restaurants, movies.

I should try to limit it though.

My friend and I are trying to find cheap-ish hot yoga classes but they don't seem to be anywhere in the city. For less than over $100 a month, anyway.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Try a rec center instead of a private gym they tend to be more expensive.

• A lot of places here don't offer hot yoga (from what i've seen) in the gym, it's usually just a studio strictly for hot yoga. The only place we really found was Shapes, and you get access to all their classes for free, provided you have a membership, and you're locked in for a year.
  • Sign up for regular yoga and then when you show up to class, tell the instructor you are cold and ask if she can turn the heat up.

• Lactos, that's a brilliant idea!
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    Wick wrote:
    Apparently doing hot yoga and sweating doesn't mean you're burning more calories. Your body is just overheated, so it's trying to cool itself.

I'm not sure if that was the intended plan @xxDinoSaurus, but I figured I'd mention it. A trainer (Jillian Michaels) mentioned it on Ellen, which my mother and grandmother watch every day. I caught the end of it that day.

i don't think the idea of doing hot yoga is to burn more calories it's more spiritual it's believed that you sweat out toxins etc.
  • Actually I'd read that you burn at least 500 calories per session. Lovely.

Thanks wick, didn't know that. Quite disappointing cause I love hot yoga and thought I' as burning calories doing it.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    You will. It will make you more flexible and should tighten muscles. Also give you more muscle control.