This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Mortal Kombat X

JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
edited August 2016 in General
Hey all,

Saw a few of you posted the trailer in the E3 and Game Trailers thread, but I'm making a dedicated thread for the game since I'm extremely excited:

The game will be developed by NetherRealm Studios and published by Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment. Launching in 2015, it will be available on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC according to a twitter post from WB Games UK here.

They also called the Xbox One Xbone in their official tweat, which is either a joke or shows you which console platform they prefer.

There's a few more details in the PlayStation upload of the trailer here: "For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy."

So yeah, I'm very excited, and the PC version is likely the one I'll go with. Nice that I don't need to pick up a next gen platform at this point to play the game. I'm honestly surprised it'll be on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and I'm curious which will be the official tournament version of the game. My guess is PlayStation 4.

Also, interesting to see that Sub-Zero is back (though not sure which one), as both were killed in Mortal Kombat (2011). Gives me hope that other fan favourites who died will return.

Comments