This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Mortal Kombat X

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    That's the best feature!
  • huh, did the ps4 go up in price?
    $450 now because of the exchange rate, kinda sucks but I'm far from buying one atm
  • Can't blame Sony for upping prices due to the exchange rate. It's not a price increase, just a reactionary business move.
  • Normally I would agree but the dollar was doing so well for a couple of years and we never saw any price drops.
  • edited June 2014
    Several years ago (around the time Timeshift came out), games were this price because of a low Canadian dollar. Then, we got back up to parity and even exceeded the US dollar for a time. That brought the prices back to American levels.

Hopefully our dollar will go back up soon. It sucks that it's low when I'm travelling.
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    Several years ago (around the time Timeshift came out), games were this price because of a low Canadian dollar. Then, we got back up to parity and even exceeded the US dollar for a time. That brought the prices back to American levels.

Hopefully our dollar will go back up soon. It sucks that it's low when I'm travelling.
    That was in 2008, I believe. I remember Fallout 3 was $64.99 at launch on Xbox 360.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    So, you think they're going to mix in the background/area attacks from Injustice to the new MK? If that trailer is any indication, I'd say yes.
    So, you think they're going to mix in the background/area attacks from Injustice to the new MK? If that trailer is any indication, I'd say yes.
    I think it's possible, as stage interactions and stage transitions were in the franchise previously.

I'd be okay with stage transitions. Have to see how interactions work out before I yay or nay it.
  • It would be nice if a demo was released to get us acquainted with the game before launch.
    It would be nice if a demo was released to get us acquainted with the game before launch.
    I'm sure we'll get one, at least on one of the platforms. Injustice: Gods Among Us saw demos on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Mortal Kombat (2011) had a demo on the PlayStation 3.

Of course, @Rajio, if there's ever an event in Toronto where Mortal Kombat X is featured... (hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge).
    The official site is up here.

Also, according to Ed Boon, it's pronounced Mortal Kombat "Ex," not Mortal Kombat Ten.
  • I can't wait to see gameplay vids from this game.
    I can't wait to see gameplay vids from this game.
    Same.
    Here's the Gameplay trailer:

I've seen a lot of people complaining that it looks like Injustice:Gods Among Us with Mortal Kombat characters, however I'm not surprised they're putting Injustice-elements in as they'll want fans of both franchises to buy the game.

Eb Boon has confirmed the Block button will return, and that thrown interactibles are blockable.

For the new characters, I'm glad to see some new faces. The insect girl looked cool, not a fan of the big guy with the little side-kick, but of course you won't like everyone in a game's roster.

There were some other characters glimpsed, hoping to find out who they are.

I also found it funny Sub-Zero threw his Ice Clone. Overall, he looks more offensive now and that's good, he was far too defensive in Mortal Kombat (2011).
  • Now to wait for this to get released so the can start working on a next gen only.
    Now to wait for this to get released so the can start working on a next gen only.
    Ha, well it's coming in 2015, so we'll likely need to wait until 2017 for a next-gen fighter from NetherRealm Studios.

Still, it'll be interesting to see if the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will be able to stand up to the current gen and PC versions. I'm expecting they'll do similar to Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita), visual downgrade for the performance (which I'm okay with).
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    It looks incredible. That was probably the most entertaining trailer from all of e3.

Lots of details in the above.
  • so am i getting this right, dif Xrays? dif angles of attack perhaps?
  • and the fatalities are very movieish i like that a lot.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    This new MK looks awesome, I cant wait to play it. I like that they are bringing in new characters.
  • Pete holmes did a realistic MK I think yesterday can anyone find it?
    so am i getting this right, dif Xrays? dif angles of attack perhaps?
    I don't believe I heard that. There's three different versions of each character though. So there's a Scorpion who uses his swords more, and there's a Scorpion that focuses more on Hellfire-based moves, etc.
  • It would be cool if they let you pick pre match diff xrays kind of like they did street fighter supers. I wonder if the diff styles come with different xrays. The combat looks much more fluid and aggressive.
    It would be cool if they let you pick pre match diff xrays kind of like they did street fighter supers. I wonder if the diff styles come with different xrays. The combat looks much more fluid and aggressive.
    It certainly could be (different X-Rays for different styles), we have a lot more to learn about the game still. Very exciting!

And yes, the combos do look fluid and quite impressive. I'm really digging how offensive Sub-Zero is looking. He also seems to have his Ice Parry back, which Cyber Sub-Zero had in the previous game.
  • That guy with the other little person kind of reminds me of Solomon Grundy fighting style, very grabby. I don't think I've seen a grab intensive mk character so far.
    That guy with the other little person kind of reminds me of Solomon Grundy fighting style, very grabby. I don't think I've seen a grab intensive mk character so far.
    Not in the sense you're referring to, no. Also the only "large" playable character before was Sheeva. For me, I'm actually not impressed with the larger character, but that's just me.

Interesting thought on the final boss. Boon says it's a returning character, but one we won't see coming. To me, that rules out Shinnok. My guess at this point will be Liu Kang.

Another interesting tid-bit: the female characters revealed thus far actually seem to be wearing clothes. Someone on TestYourMight pointed that out, and it's true.
    Ed Boon has mentioned the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game are being handled directly by NetherRealm Studios. The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions are being done by another developer.

No mention of the PC version.

Source.
  • I dont care what anyone says. This looks sick!! And just saw "Cassie Cage vs Kotal Kahn" on gamespot. Cant wait!!