This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Mortal Kombat X

1141516171820»

Comments

• Law212 said:

Ya Hopefully. I have to admit I would buy injustice 2 and id pay for MKXL..... I hate myself.

I'm not into the Injustice franchise as you know, so I'd be passing on that regardless.

For Mortal Kombat XL, I'd hope what was free on console will be free on PC at the least. Anything premium, if I want it, I'll still buy off a grey site for dirt cheap a bit down the road.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    You never tried it. It went down to 5 dollars for the complete edition and you still didn't bite. When the game was first released on consoles and I picked it up for xbox 360, it was great. Lots of people online and I had tons of matches , the story was great and the fighting while more simplistic than MKX or MK9 was fun.

The problem was when it came to PC. The online modes barely worked. I think I was able to get 1 online match to work. The rest of the game was fine though but it was disappointing that online didn't work. That's a deathblow to a fighting game.

I don't get how some games mess up their online mode so bad. Another example is Dead or Alive 5. Great fighting game. But the PC version was a disaster. Online doesn't work and it was weird mix of arcade and ps4 version though it didn't have the soft engine and it didn't get the new stages added to the game. Also there were no online lobbies or any way to invite a friend to fight. So online died really fast. Shame too because the console versions including the xbox 360 version were great.

I think companies are starting to realize that you need cross play these days if you want your PC online community to do well.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    As for MKXL, I always had that hope that they would finally bring it to PC. That's why I never uninstalled thegame from either my desktop or laptop. I think ill have to start playing again because I'm so rusty at it now. My sonya has gotten soft in her old age.
  • Yeah, I only tried the Xbox 360 demo of it. With my limited gaming time though, I want to focus on games I really want to play.

In terms of PC ports, yeah, it was another High Voltage Software jobs. Apparently some bugs patched out of the console versions were re-introduced in the PC version. As for Dead or Alive 5, I've heard of that from yourself and others; apparently a complete mess of a port.

It's frustrating when crappy ports like that happen.

And yeah, my Kitana is so rusty.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    I'm pretty hyped at the thought that MKXL on PC might just happen. I think I kept the game on my HDD because I always thought it would.

Juxtapose
  • Law212 said:

I'm pretty hyped at the thought that MKXL on PC might just happen. I think I kept the game on my HDD because I always thought it would.

If it does come, with the new netcode, I'd enthusiastically give Online another go. It's mostly European players left, Polish and Russian I think, and the connection quality is rather poor at that distance now.
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    edited August 2016

While it hasn't been announced yet, the Mortal Kombat XL PC Online Beta is now live. It contains the full roster, including Kombat Pack 2 characters, all playable from the get-go.

@Law212

Update: Go to the game's Steam page for install details.

This is also open to anyone with a Steam account. You do not need to own the game on PC or console to play this beta.

Beta ends on the 29th.

• @Law212 said:
    I meant holy

You do realize that's what they call a Freudian Slip, right?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

yes, yes I do.
    Anyway ive been playing MKXL and I love it. Too bad that my season pass content doesn't show up though so I cant use some costumes I want but ive been kicking butt as alien

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I like though that we get all the KP 2 stuff and also.... GOLD SCORPOIN. as well as crimson ermac. so that's all cool.

Juxtapose
  • @Law212 said:
    I like though that we get all the KP 2 stuff and also.... GOLD SCORPOIN. as well as crimson ermac. so that's all cool.

Didn't notice that stuff yet as I've stuck to my mains. Very cool. It'll be interesting to see if that stuff stays into the final version, and if the Kombat Pack 2 characters are playable here to wet people's appetite and encourage them to buy, or if they'll be included complimentary with the update.

• Mortal Kombat XL releases on PC on Oct. 4th, and pricing for various upgrades have been released.

The discounts are a launch sale price. Not sure how long it'll go for.

• That's not bad at all.

• @Law212 said:
    That's not bad at all.

No, it's not. I'm impressed their doing it but it also makes sense considering the rep they earned.

• Last night, I fired up Steam and downloaded Mortal Kombat XL.

Outside of being rusty as hell (the Beta being my last proper experience with the game, and I was rusty then since I've mostly focused on StarCraft II since July), the new patch (on all platforms) completely changed the Wake Up meta.

With Mileena and Kitana specifically, their armoured Wake-Up Launchers no longer function the same, and now require an extra bar of Metre to launch/continue to launch (Mileena's EX Ball Roll no longer pops up, and you need to burn a second bar for a second Ball Roll to do this, Kitana's EX Rising Fans can no longer be normal canceled, EX cancels only).

This will take some getting used to, especially with Mileena as her Ex Ball Roll into kombo has been a standard since launch.

Overall though, I'm very please. I played the "Who's Next Tower" to sample the new characters introduced in Kombat Pack 2. I didn't care for Leatherface or Bo Rai'Cho, but I liked Triborg's Smoke Variation and really enjoyed Alien. I then bought the XL Pack (on sale and further discounted for me since I owned the first Kombat Pack) and Krimson Ermac skin (to support Tournament funds), so the only premium content I'm missing from the game now is the Kosplay Pack (which I won't be buying at this time).

The new patch also unlocks all the mobile unlocks, so I finally got my Klassic Mileena skin!

Haven't tried Online yet, as I want to figure out the Wake Up meta better first.

• Forgot to mention that QLOC really did improve the optimization of the game.

Previously, I could play with all the bells and whistles on, Vsync Fixed, but at 1600x900 (the resolution GeForce Experience recommended).

After updating GeForce Experience to 3.0.7 yesterday, it changed its recommendation to 1080p, and I realized I could now play on this resolution. I needed to change Vsync to nVidia Adaptive, and I had to turn Motion Blur off, but everything else is set to max.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

I generally don't bother with vsync unless tearing in a game is really bad. I find it tends to make the framerate pretty jittery, and if the game isn't tearing all over the place, it only really hinders the overall visual experience. Anti-aliasing is another I generally don't bother with, since in most action games, you're typically moving around too much to notice, and it's also something that really impacts framerate.

Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Juxt, we really need to play some MKXL on the big screen at hollys . let me know when youre free. this weekend is a no go because its thanksgiving , but after that.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

So apparently y0ou can get all the DLC from MKXL free. Just go to the MKXL beta directory , and copy the addon content from there into the addon content folder for your MKX folder....

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Not working, but I'm sure people will figure it out soon enough.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Juxt, youi bought KP2? OMFG!
    I played a ton of matches online tonight. Didn't do bad I wont most but I feel so rusty. It also sfeels like input lag is messing up some of my combos. Also instead of back 2, I keep throwing out down, forward 1. Which is weird because I know the difference between holding back, and pressing down, forward......

• @Law212 said:
    Juxt, we really need to play some MKXL on the big screen at hollys . let me know when youre free. this weekend is a no go because its thanksgiving , but after that.

Sure. I'm actually off for the next two weeks. While I've got a bunch of stuff going on, I'm sure we can squeeze something in.

Online too.

• @Juxtapose said:
    Mortal Kombat XL releases on PC on Oct. 4th, and pricing for various upgrades have been released.

The discounts are a launch sale price. Not sure how long it'll go for.

So the discounts apparently ended sometime yesterday morning or early afternoon. Everything is now at full price.

Looks like it was just a launch week sale, so I'm glad I bought things when I did. Current gray market prices are still more than that sale price.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I bought it first day.

Juxtapose
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Mortal Kombat XL is also being featured at Combo Breaker 2018, with a $2,500.00 pot bonus being contributed by NetherRealm Studios.

The schedule and stream schedule can be found here. In brief:

• The Top 24 will be streamed on Fri. May 25th at 7:00 pm eastern.
    • The Top 8 will be streamed on Sat. Mat 26th at 2:00 pm eastern.

Ketchup and Mustard will be commentating, and the stream will be on NetherRealm Studios' official Twitch Channel.