This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Xbox Playdates Canada [MEGATHREAD]

Comments

• We will be playing Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare #XboxOne for this weeks #XboxPlaydate tonight 8-11pm EST add GT: JohnnyXeo or Kiesey78
  • Thanks to everyone who came out tonight, had a lot of fun. Make sure to check the site for information on our next playdate.

http://ca.xboxplaydates.com/
  • Thanks for coming out Disco and helping pop my PvZ: Garden Warfare Cherry! Next week is Titanfall.
  • No problem! It was way more fun playing with people that talked back! I have Titanfall so I'll probably see you then.
  • We do these every week, so feel free to make any suggestions of games you would like to get together and play?

We'll probably do a Motocross Madness night soon, since it's free on the 360 to Gold members. Also, might retry the Minecraft night (hopefully on a night that isn't the same as a major Beta release this time *cough*Destiny*cough*)
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I'll try to make it one night. I just don't get home from work until later in the evening. I always enjoy those community nights.
  • I haven't dug much into the Watch_Dogs multiplayer yet... would that be worthwhile? Are there team modes, or just free-for-all and one-on-one?
  • ^ it has a team game (think it's called Decryption) where you vie for control of a piece of data and the first squad to finish the download wins

it's pretty meh
  • I haven't dug much into the Watch_Dogs multiplayer yet... would that be worthwhile? Are there team modes, or just free-for-all and one-on-one?
    The modes where you invade someone's game and vice versa are awesome. It's very satisfying finding the invader or hiding from someone when they run by you many times.

• Yeah those can be fun, but they don't really open up for much 'playdate' type games. To be honest, I never really played any of the MP stuff in Watch Dogs. A few invasion/hacking things, and a couple races, but that's about it.

We're thinking about making the next few selections based on votes. We've done that in the past and it turned out ok.

Some of the games that have been suggested for future playdates include: (in no particular order)

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
    Titanfall
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Minecraft
    Motocross Madness (recently free on Xbox 360)
    Destiny (this will most definitely happen, though obviously not until release)

We're very open to suggestions, because we want to host events that people actually WANT to come out to. If you think we can make a community event out of it, let us know and we'll see what we can do.
  • I'd be down for a forza playdate
  • Tonight we’ll be playing Plants v.s. Zombies: Garden Warfare (Xbox One). Playdate is taking place at 8pm EST. We`re usually slotted to go to 11pm, but that time changes sometimes depending on the turnout we get.

So come on out and join us! Bring a friend! Have your friend bring a friend! You don`t even have to be Canadian!

To join in on the fun, just add Kiesey78, NorthernZoot or JohnnyXeo to your friends list, and send us a message saying you want to take part! Hope to see you all there!

Happy Gaming!
  • This week we’ll be playing Titanfall (Xbox One). Playdate is taking place on September 2nd, 2014, at 8pm EST. We`re usually slotted to go to 11pm, but that time changes sometimes depending on the turnout we get.

So come on out and join us! Bring a friend! Have your friend bring a friend! You don`t even have to be Canadian! lol

To join in on the fun, just add NorthernZoot, Kiesey78 or JohnnyXeo to your friends list, and send us a message saying you want to take part! Hope to see you all there!

Happy Gaming!
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    Holy crap! I'm acutally off! I'll try to make it to this one!
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    My brother let me borrow is xbone for a few days so I'll be on once the updates finish!
  • This Friday we’re celebrating the launch of Minecraft on Xbox One It’s taking on Friday, September 5th, 2014, at 8pm EST. We`re usually slotted to go to 11pm, but that time changes sometimes depending on the turnout we get.

So come on out and join us! Bring a friend! Have your friend bring a friend! You don`t even have to be Canadian!

To join in on the fun, just add NorthernZoot to your friends list, and send us a message saying you want to take part! Hope to see you all there!

Happy Gaming!
  • This Tuesday we’ll be playing Destiny (Xbox One). Playdate is taking place on September 9th, 2014, at 8pm EST. We`re usually slotted to go to 11pm, but that time changes sometimes depending on the turnout we get.

So come on out and join us! Bring a friend! Have your friend bring a friend! You don`t even have to be Canadian! lol

To join in on the fun, just add NorthernZoot, Kiesey78 or JohnnyXeo to your friends list, and send us a message saying you want to take part! Hope to see you all there!

Happy Gaming!
  • Tonight we’ll be playing Destiny (Xbox One) We will be starting at 8pm EST. We`re usually slotted to go to 11pm, but that time changes sometimes depending on the turnout we get.

Happy Gaming!
  • I didn't notice this thread before but now that I've got a 360 again I'll definitely try to join on nights that I'm not busy/have the game you're playing! :) I normally play MP on my own but Iv'e always had a blast in the past while playing with the DOG community.
  • I didn't notice this thread before but now that I've got a 360 again I'll definitely try to join on nights that I'm not busy/have the game you're playing! :) I normally play MP on my own but Iv'e always had a blast in the past while playing with the DOG community.
    They normally play on the Xbox One these days, if I'm not mistaken.
    That's a shame. I suppose the 360/XB1 aren't cross-console online and they're their own servers?
    That's a shame. I suppose the 360/XB1 aren't cross-console online and they're their own servers?
    Not for games, but I think for chatting.
  • nah, they don't have cross-console chatting either
  • I'm surprised by that. Cross-console gaming, disappointing but not the end of the world, but cross-console chatting? That just seems silly.
  • We actually do play on the 360 as well. It's just lately, the feedback from the people who come out seem to want to play the new releases (which are primarily Xbox One titles).

We have had a recent suggestion to do a Gears of War playdate (though which one wasn't clear), so that's probably going to be coming up in the near future.

Follow us on Twitter @XboxPlaydatesCA or visit the site at ca.xboxplaydates.com for details on upcoming events.
  • Halo: Reach, Gears, Heck we can go older and do Crackdown.
  • Halo: Reach, Gears, Heck we can go older and do Crackdown.
    Halo: Reach is also presently free to all Xbox LIVE Gold members.
  • is it still free? I thought I missed out on that .