This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

!Movies! - Old - New - !Movies!

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Ok, peeps. So I like to watch Bloodbath and Beyond reviews on YouTube for horror reviews and they are fun. I think they aren't that in depth but they are entertaining enough.

Every month they open Horror packs that have 4 blu ray horror movies and most time they have gotten great stuff. This month they got a 3D copy of poltergeist which ive been trying to get for a long time.

I missed out on this pack but I signed up today so ill get next months.

If anyone here is interested in signing up because you love horror movies, then use my link and save 3 dollars of your monthly or how ever long subscription you go for..

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I watched Jigsaw last night.....

Completely unnecessary sequel to the franchise....

But it was pretty good. I thought the kills were good. Some were pretty nasty . Even though I kind of guessed part of the twist it was still fun to try to figure out the who and why.

There is always the "aww you could have lived but you got too paranoid and now you're dead" moment which was fun... Good movie over all. I liked it. but its completely unnecessary.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Watched the firsdt half of blade Runner 2049 in 3D... I was too tired to go further but wow the movie is excellent so far. I cant wait to watch the rest. Slow movie in ways but very interesting with great camera work, moody music and great acting

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I watched a fun 3D movie last night called Julia X.

It was strange. There will be spoilers as its an older movie and i doubt any of you will watch it.

It starts off with Kevin Sorbo (Hercules) on a date with a girl at least 30 years younger than him.

She has a daydream of them hooking up in the bathroom, but she wakes out of it then gets weird and says she has to go.

She then gets kidnapped by Sorbo and he takes her to some underground lot and hangs her up while he shaves... She escapes and he catches her again and brands an X on her bum and she passes out.

He then drives her in some van to some secluded area, where she sees another dead girl in the van.

He stops and throws the body in a hole that is already dug. She escapes, run away and enters a house. Turns out its his house and he chases her around until she gets the upper hand and knocks him out.

She calls her sister to come get her, so they load him into the trunk and take him to their house. tie him up and torture him a bit . He loves it.

The one sister lets him loose so they can all run around trying to kill each other.

they beat each other up ( the 2 sisters VS kevin sorbo) and ti gets all bloody as they fight all night

Finally they get the upper hand on sorbo and hes just lying there. the one sister stabs her other sister and then continues to stab sorbo to death.

the crazier sister starts to chop sorbo up into pieces , we dont see the other sister anymore for some reason as she was supposed to have died right next to him.

The one sis then burns the house down.... after credits a charred hand pops up from the burnt house... Was it the other sister? was it kevins man hand? how could it be he was in peices?

either way, it was a pretty fun movie up until then. psychos against psycho. Great 3D as well

There were lots of pop out moments when things looked like they were comming out of the tv and right into your face. the first was the title . IT popped up on screen, then jumped out at you 3 times. Then the one crazy sister holds a sledge hammer and holds it out and it looked like its right in front of your face.

• DoosDoos Centurion

I watched Thor Ragnarok and enjoyed myself significantly. It was not without some silliness though. It did make me excited to see another Dr Strange flick.

• @Doos said:
    I watched Thor Ragnarok and enjoyed myself significantly. It was not without some silliness though. It did make me excited to see another Dr Strange flick.

is it out on DVD yet Doos?.... or did one just fall off a train in shipping :)

• I'm going to guess he found it out at sea. As we all know, shipping containers are unreliable these days and you can often find movies just floating out there weeks before release.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Or just donwloaded it. I have a 3d copy on preorder, though i didnt find the movie that good so its not a must watch again movie for me, but at least i have to add it to the collection

• DoosDoos Centurion

I found it on the high seas, indeed. Yardy har har.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I watched Kingsman the Golden Circle last night . It wasnt as good as the first one by a long shot. Entertaining enough that it wasnt a waste, but wow , no where near as good as the first one.

• I watched a Kingsman Golden shower once.....same thing?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Slightly different

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Justice League just ended..... I don't understand what people were complaining about. I was scared to watch this as I thought id would be terrible. It was awesome.

Great cinematography, amazing shots in slow motion, great team shots, fun moments of the team together or 1 on 1. This was an excellent comic book movie. I wasn't bored for a moment.

I liked it more than Thor for sure and more than Batman VS Superman. The 3D was great IMO. it had some cool pop out moments a couple times with bullets and the batarang. The snowy scene with bruce looking for aquaman looked great.

I felt the CG was good and suited the movie. I never really noticed supermans edited upper lip. I think people just wanted to attack this film. There were shots that looked fake for sure but show me a CG heavy movie that doesn't .

Cyborg looked great, though sometimes and I mean sometimes, you could notice his face cut onto the pure cgi body.

This movie was awesome. Full of action, full of great character moments, the 3D was really well done .

Again, the visuals are incredible, the amount of detail in this movie was great from colours to the costumes .

There are two after credit scenes . The first is just a fun one , the second though was really good. I really hope for a sequel .

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

@Law212 said:
    I liked it more than Thor for sure

I saw it in theaters on like the last day it played here on the latest showing that night, there was 4 people there, me, my GF, and two older guys. When it was done they were both saying this. The one guy had avoided BvS because of shit people were saying, and was talking about how he didn't even want to see that one because of what people had been saying. Honestly, I hated a lot of the casting choices for BvS (fuck Jesse Eisenburg), and here too (though to a far lesser extent), but I enjoyed both movies, and really enjoyed Justice League. I feel like a lot of people can't accept the fact that a non-Marvel related superhero movie can be good, and immediately hop on the hate train because everybody else is on it already. The best of recent Marvel stuff has been the Guardians movies anyway, the rest, while not bad, isn't really anything special either. I couldn't believe how meh I felt after watching the first Avengers movie after all the hype it had going.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I agree. Guardians 1 and 2 are outstanding, but After the first avengers i was disappointed. I enjoyed the second one more, but most marvel movies are just ok. Other than guardians i never watched a marvel movie and wanted to watch it again .

Though after Man of steel, I couldnt wait to see it again, Bat V Supes same deal. Same with suicide squad. and now same with Justice League. Wonder Woman was good too.

Though when I did go back and watch the first captain america i really enjoyed it more the second time... and in 3D.

But not even comparing JL to other movies. the film was great. It didnt spend much time on each individual cahracter, but it didnt need to. One thing i hate is when a movie drags on telling us stuff we alreayd know about these 60 + year old characters.

the JL team had great suble momemnts together. Like when Flash saves WW and lands on her , face in her chest and they both realize it, but he quickly (flash style) gets up and acts innocent , and WW gets this look on her face not of disgust like any SJW marvel movie might do ,but has a look of ha that was funny.

The movie made great use of slow motion. Not to pad run time, but just to make a scene look cool where you could see all the detail going on in the scene. There was great use of lighting and colour in this movie and the slow mo parts really showed it.

As for Jessie Eisenburg. I like him. I dont get the hate for him either. He has a scene after the credits which i hope sets up the events of the next movie because another character was shown who is completely awesome.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Remember people don't like to think for themselves today, and want to jump on the social media hate wagons.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Well if I didnt beleive it before, Justice League proved it to me. People are pretty mindless.

• DoosDoos Centurion

Thor is probably the best for me out of all of the recent ones. I didn't care for the Led Zeppelin bits but other than that I was entertained.

I'm going to watch Justice League again and see if I can see what you guys are seeing cause I thought it was relatively lackluster.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

I saw Black Panther yesterday, and it was good. I don't think is was the cinematic second coming of Christ all the reviewers seem to be making it out to be, but it was absolutely an excellent superhero flick.

It took itself more seriously than more recent MCU movies have, and I liked that. Still Marvel though, so stuff is pretty fantastic (the tech) and out there.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I watched a movie called 7 Sisters last night. It was pretty awesome. Its about the world being very over populated. Scientists come up with a way to produce a lot of food very fast to meet demands of the population, but in turn, humans are now giving birth to more kids.

So instead of a woman carrying one child at a time they are often giving birth to 4 or more .

So now the government makes it law that you can only keep one and the rest have to be cryogenically frozen until a solution is found.

So in comes Willem Dafoe who'se daughter gives birth to 7 kids and passes away . He takes them in and names them all after the days of the week. When its your day of the week you can go out into the world as their mothers persona.

Noomi Rapace plays all 7 girls, and she has different personalities for all which was pretty well done.

Stuff happens, things go bad and the girls get hunted by the government. There were some nice twists and great action (better and far more beleiveable than atomic blonde)

The movie is on Netflix.I suggest checking it out. It was pretty awesome

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I put off watching this movie because I thought it would suck. I was so wrong. I watched Killing Gunther. An assassin wants to kill the top assassin, Gunther , played by Arnold shwarzenegger.

So he gets a bunch of other assassins together and they also have a film crew with them to document the whole thing.

So they try to lure Gunther out and take him out but he keeps getting the upper hand and killing members of their group .

The movie has some ridiculous characters like the one assassins who cant stand the sight of blood or he pukes, and he kills with poison. He attempts to throw poison at Gunther from a ridiculous distance and its pathetic but hilarious/

There is one guy who has a cybernetic arm (lots of nods to Arnolds movies in this ) and his arm loses power all the time and when it does it goes into a clenched position ....

There is a bomb expert, a sniper chick and the main guy who I cant recall his name.

It was a funny movie though all the way through and when they reveal certain things near the end I was losing my shit. Arnold is hilarious in this movie and it was worth watching the credits as he sings a country song .

This movie is a hidden gem. Absolutely loved it

• DoosDoos Centurion

I watched Justice League again and I did like it more the second time. But I do think that it's way over CGI'd, will age extremely poorly because of that and it's just so weird that Batman is so useless. He's all gun all the time and even against the little drones he's getting his ass kicked. I guess that means the drones are pretty beefy.

Anyway, it's better than BvS but I think that's mostly because BvS has Jesse Eisenberg, who I quite like in some rolls but not that one. I don't wanna shit on the guy but damn, it's all so awkward.

I also really don't care for licensed music in super hero movies unless it's like.. Tony Stark playing ACDC in the suit. That makes sense. Having White Stripes play while Aquaman chugs some booze seems out of place as hell and just like.. pandering to whatever demographic likes that sort of thing.

Same with the Led Zep bits in Thor. I think a musical score would've played so much better. But I'm not in charge so who cares?

• DoosDoos Centurion

I watched Downsizing. It's Matt Damon in 'Honey I shrunk Myself and the geo-political repercussions are interesting!!'

I enjoyed most of it. Found a lot of the discussion about shrinking people very fun. Food for thought kind of shit.. then some shit happens and I was less interested.