This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

!Movies! - Old - New - !Movies!

Comments

• DoosDoos Centurion
    Wick, yeah, the remake.

There are a couple of scenes where I was just like 'BLEH!' etc.

I'm not much of a gore guy, and truth be told, there wasn't what I'd consider a lot of it, y'know, compared to like 'Saw' ... but it was well done enough that I was getting grossed out.

• DoosDoos Centurion
    Raising Arizona! Woo! It's definitely a Coen brothers movie. Those guys rock.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    It's showing it's age is all, Wick. The bad guy biker especially. It definitely doesn't hit all the same notes as it did back then, but it's a fun romp.

I watched Reindeer Games again last night... what a piece of shit. I remembered it being not all that great... and I was right. It's not horrid or anything, Charlize Theron gets her boobs out, so that's alright... but it's pretty crappy.

I'm going to watch Easy A tonight.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Easy A was great! I laughed out loud a bunch of times... which is actually pretty rare for me and movies. I'm such a snobby bitch.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I watched Due Date early this morning. A quarter of the time I was thinking 'Trains, Planes and Automobiles'... another quarter I was thinking 'That's way over the top' and the other 50% was me smirking and enjoying it.

I'd give it 1 thumb 3/4 of the way up.
  • I dropped Netflix, seen about all they have listed. Time to go back to Blockbuster. At least I can get the movies I want to see. Zune is just way too much, $15 for a HD movie! IMAX is only $14, I can get 2 HD movies at Blockbuster for $12.

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited February 2011
    Saw "The Mechanic" in Edmontons new SuperMax(?) theaters and it was really good. The movie was awesome, and the HUMONGOUS screens and High Def quality was amazing, I can't believe how good it looked on such a big screen.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I just watched the best zombie movie ever.

Ok, it's just a trailer... but is that not the fucking shit?
  • @Doos ....I am speechless. There are no words that can describe what I just saw with proper justice....
  • @Doos ....I am speechless. There are no words that can describe what I just saw with proper justice....
    +1
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Hey! I forgot about that Dead Island trailer.. Yeah boys.. it's something else!

Ok recently I've watched:

Short Circuit - Great 80's robot flick! Still great!

Hoffa - Nicholson doing his thing.. all about the Teamsters union etc. good stuff.

Limitless - Ya'll know this one.. it was good.

Gladiator - Probably the 5th or so time I've watched it.. still good. Joaquin (sp?) Phoenix is fucking brilliant in that flick.. what a douche.

Escape From New York/LA - Both super cheesy and fun. Snake Plisken has to be the inspiration for Snake from Metal Gear... HAS to be.

Midnight Run - DeNiro and some other dude in the classic anti-buddy road trip movie.. pretty decent. Never saw it before.

Blow - I've always dug this movie.. but I only really enjoy the rise to power.. the downfall is a bummer.. that's life. I live in life.. Boo to life.

Right now, as I type I'm watching Hobo With a Shotgun...

It's ridiculous..
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I watched 127 hours as well and really enjoyed it too!

K-PAX I haven't seen in forever.. I think I'm gonna go find it.

That dude in Grizzly Man pissed me off. He seemed very pretentious.

You say Black Swan was good, eh? I'll have to give 'er a watch.

Mmmmmm... movies.
  • I watched Tron, Tron:Legacy, Resident Evil:Degeneration, and Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children Complete this weekend. All on blu-ray and all were great to watch.
  • Hey, Smore here.
    First time listener and poster 'round these parts.
    I am looking for movies like "There will be blood" or "Eastern Promises"

For those as movie declined as me:
    There will be blood

Eastern Promises
  • Last movie I saw was Limitless. It was not bad at all. The critics hit it pretty hard(59 Metacritic) but it was a better movie then that.

Personally I don't care what the critics have to say. I just like to look and see how things scored, and then go see them anyways. I rarely agree with the critics on anything :)
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    @Smore

Do you mean somewhat bleak and violent?

How's bout 'No Country For Old Men'.

or 'Fargo'... or 'Simple Plan'... All Coen brothers movies.

Or do you want more of Viggo being violent.. Like in 'History of Violence'.. he doesn't have the accent though.

I liked Limitless too.. I would've given it like a 7/10.. Maybe 7.5..

• My parents saw limitless and didnt like it ....

I saw Paul last week, hilarious!
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    My parents saw limitless and didnt like it ....

I saw Paul last week, hilarious!
    Paul I shall see it this week !
  • I've missed out on pretty much every movie released in theatres in the last 2-3 months.

My HS buddies (and my woman) had an awesome thing going where Tuesday nights we'd go see a movie. However, I picked up ultimate on Tuesday nights, so that went to shit completely. (Tuesday nights also happened to be half-priced admission, or you could get a popcorn & drink with your ticket for the same price.) Don't know if I'll be playing ultimate in the summer, (still looking for a team that'll take me), but I hope we can pick up the Tuesday night thing again. :D

And I need to catch up on some of the good movies that have been released in the last few months.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    3 tits? Thats awesome !
    Yeah it is.

My friends saw Paul and said Paul reminded them of me.

I saw it twice and didn't see much of a similarity... but I did enjoy it.
  • I ended up (sorta) watching Rubber. Its that horror movies posted earlier by somebody about the tire that rolls around and blows up people heads. I got bored in 20 minutes and turned it off. I still have access to it for if I want to try again some other day, but I don't think I will.
  • How did you watch it? It looks so bad I want to watch it :)
  • @TTRDrPayne My friend said that it is up for rent on iTunes for a week (that was a while ago). Check if it is still there.
  • Friend told me Fast Five is out this upcoming Friday, so we're gonna hit it up next Tuesday then. I'm a big fan of the entire The Fast and the Furious series, regardless of how cheesy it may be. :P 5 looks to be quite awesome as the entire crew (minus Letty cuz she died in the 4th one) will be on set, so quite a large cast.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Watched 'Drive Angry' today...

It's along the lines of what I'd imagine riding through a flash flooding sewer would be like..

Fast and kind of fun if you can ignore the fact that it's all shit.

It's the best 'bad movie' I've seen in a while.. I'd definitely recommend it if you have some buds over for a brainless evening and wanna watch some shit explode.. stupidly.

Fun.
  • Saw Hanna today
    good movie
  • Saw Fast Five a week or so ago. Was surprisingly very enjoyable. I most definitely recommend it.

Saw Thor this past weekend. It wasn't as good as Fast Five, but was still a good movie and worth while seeing.
  • Saw Fast Five last Tuesday and while it was /really/ good, it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. Way too much action and shooting, not enough of a focus on driving, racing & cars. Would have LOVED to have seen that Charger vs. GT3 RS race! The endings were kinda awesome. :P

Was supposed to see Thor on Tuesday, but the gf got lost on her way home (was taking a new route) so we were too late to get good seats. I'm VERY thankful the young lady who was selling the tickets told us there's only about 20 seats left in the theatre, so we'd probably be sitting in the front few rows. We took her advice to heart and left, I'm thankful she was honest with us.

Also got to see some chick bitch out her bf over her phone... She had been calling him for a while, and no answer; she had been waiting at the theatre for over an hour for him, and he never showed. TBH, it was deserved, I know I wouldn't have waited that long. My woman suggested that he might be cheating on her, which sucks for her. She was quite good looking too.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Saw Unknown last night..

Was alright.. made me want to watch Taken.. but I didn't.. Instead I downloaded Rob Roy. Think I'm going to go on a Liam Neeson stint.