This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

RajioRajio Centurion
edited August 2016 in General
Merging the 'What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?' threads in to one.
Tagged:

Comments

• DoosDoos Centurion
    edited September 2010
    To parallel the 'Gaming' thread.. here's one that's the same but different.

You don't need to blow minds here people, just minor accomplishments will do and lacking those, a random detail.

Yesterday our bathroom fan was making some gargly noises. I removed the cover, removed the fan, cleaned it with compressed air and a bit of poking with a screwdriver, replaced it, and when used again was quiet and smooth and lovely.

I love being able to fix something, because I'm not a very 'fixy' type of guy.

Although I have fixed our Roomba (Jeeves) multiple times when he's gotten ill.

Today I've done nothing but start drinking my coffee, because I've just woken up an hour ago.
  • I wonder if this quote had anything to do with this topic
    I went to sleep at 7.
    Yeah, that is my accomplishment.
  • I went in to work at 7am then has a boring late afternoon and hung out with friends, its raning here :(
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I too went to work and got to play with trains in the pissing rain.

It was not a pleasant evening but it's all over and done with now.

I've also accumulated enough spare cash that I'm now *actively* looking for a new laptop, a new thread will start sometime tomorrow (Today) to discuss this.
  • Today, my breakfast consisted of a medium peperoni from Domino's and a beer.
    Its noon somewhere ;)

Today... i worked... then i ate pizza for lunch (mmm custom pizzas) and now i will play games.

Homework comes second
  • im making my own sun dried tomatoes. so far 3 hrs in and looks like im gonna need another 5 hrs....
    Its noon somewhere ;)

I actually did eat around noon :p.
  • I got all the tools I need except one whoo me!
    It's not like that one tool I need is going to prevent me from burning myself or make working easier... Oh wait.
  • Did homework and played video games, fun stuff
  • Today I binge-gamed in Fallout 3, the first binge-gaming session I've had in months!

I also washed my car.
  • Anyone else feel like this place is more of a daily blog in which it is updated by several people?
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Anyone else feel like this place is more of a daily blog in which it is updated by several people?
    Yes. Which is lovely.

Today in life I got to drive a train... that's not normally what I do, I tell the guy who drives 'em where to go... sort of. It's complicated, but today I drove one. It was fun and exciting.

I also almost, ALMOST... like, so close! changed the subject title of Xbox.ca's 'What did you accomplish..' thread from 'Gaming' to 'Gaymen'.

I decided at the last minute that it was in bad form.

Not because of the possible 'gay bashing' rhetoric... I don't believe saying 'gay' is the equivalent of hate speech or disrespect... but because it's the only thread on there that has pretty much never had an argument etc.

It's almost sacred, and I'd like to maintain that.

Seems a bit silly to think so much about it... but that's the way it went in my head.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Woke up at 11am... far too early for going to bed at 7... Need a nap... then start work at 7pm.. Hopefully not a lot of sadness will ensue.

It's the wife's B-Day today! Happy B-day to her!
  • I beat Halo Reach last night and I re-arranged my bedroom today and worked on my Reach review.
  • My entire class had a research assignment given to us due in 40 mins and we failed.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    beat halo reach solo on legendary (did not get the achievement)
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    edited September 2010
    @Doos Happy B-Day to your lady!

@Rajio Dude, that would piss me off. Does it show all levels completed on Legendary Solo when you go to the level selection menu (assuming it still does this like previous games)?
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    beat halo reach solo on legendary (did not get the achievement)
    it shows all levels completes on solo as legendary except for one of them which is shows as never completed on solo OR co-op. which is crazy since it advanced me to the subsequent mission. it's clearly a bug.

I'm told I should go finish that level again (from the beginning) on legendary, but that prospect is a little stressful. i will eventually but right now im all halo'ed out lol. finishing that level on legendary all alone was fucking tough. theres a point where you have no more weapons, just a pistol. and a few large, heavily armed enemies to contend with. you can't afford to miss a single shot or delay at ALL between firing shots. I remember doing that part SO many times. 100% efficiency or death.

i've played all halo games on solo legendary (except halo wars which i did only multiplayer for) and while it was hard it always felt possible. the difficulty made it good - i like being uncertain of survival. this time it was a LOT more difficult and a lot quicker. Right off the bat it's VERY tough on solo legendary. more so than ODST even.

• I also almost, ALMOST... like, so close! changed the subject title of Xbox.ca's 'What did you accomplish..' thread from 'Gaming' to 'Gaymen'.

I decided at the last minute that it was in bad form.

Not because of the possible 'gay bashing' rhetoric... I don't believe saying 'gay' is the equivalent of hate speech or disrespect... but because it's the only thread on there that has pretty much never had an argument etc.

It's almost sacred, and I'd like to maintain that.

Seems a bit silly to think so much about it... but that's the way it went in my head.
    *Shakes fist*

Don't be sabotaging my thread!

Today, I didn't do very much, but I had some resumes printed off and plan to apply to a ton of jobs this week.

Other than that, I beat a few missions in Spider-Man.
    I will appy to lots of jobs too! ...tomorrow when I pick up reach its time for a fresh job
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Railroads are usually hiring.

All you need is your highschool...

www.cn.ca/careers if anyone is interested. Or try CP, I don't know what their address is, but I'm sure it's something similar.

Today in life I did something I normally don't do... I got a hankering for fast food at 3am and decided to drive all over London to find a 24hr Burger King. I wanted the Stacker...

No such luck, instead I got a Big Mac and a Jr. Chicken.. aww yeah. Foods.

• i've played all halo games on solo legendary (except halo wars which i did only multiplayer for) and while it was hard it always felt possible. the difficulty made it good - i like being uncertain of survival. this time it was a LOT more difficult and a lot quicker. Right off the bat it's VERY tough on solo legendary. more so than ODST even.

I was unable to do any of the Halo trilogy on solo Legendary, so if what you say is true, then there goes my shot at "Monument to All Your Sins."
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    you could hire me to beat it for you. i need work anyhow ;)
  • Silly Switch; your new job is to host gamer nights on a daily basis. ;)
    Speakin' of stuff Switch would do
    I'm thinking about tossing out my eb pre-order item as a contest so watch out for that.
  • you could hire me to beat it for you. i need work anyhow ;)
    But then it's not my Achievement, and I like to earn my own stuff ;). I'll definitely be able to get "Gods Must Be Strong" with Co-Op, but I'll still attempt "Monument to All Your Sins."

Good bumping into you oh so briefly today. I'll be picking up my Limited Edition after work tonight, and I'll be playing the Campaign. So heads up everyone, as I'm going through the Campaign the first time I will be ignoring any and all messages sent my way!

I also hadn't realized that you needed work. As you know I'm not overly keen about my company right now, however if you really do need work, I might be able to hook you up with something.

PM me if you want to chat about that.
  • you could hire me to beat it for you. i need work anyhow ;)
    I just read that and nothing else. loool jk raj

went to class picked up Prof layton UoF for the gf. and now heading off to work and get reach., Work is going to feel mighty long today.

OH ya one last thing MWAHAHA this guy brought in his resume right and i had a little read. I read his previous jobs...

Montana's cock house....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

i can't make this stuff up.
  • edited September 2010
    Hahaha. Spelling fail

My day :
    Read yesterdays