This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• RajioRajio Centurion
    you could hire me to beat it for you. i need work anyhow ;)
    But then it's not my Achievement, and I like to earn my own stuff ;). I'll definitely be able to get "Gods Must Be Strong" with Co-Op, but I'll still attempt "Monument to All Your Sins."

Good bumping into you oh so briefly today. I'll be picking up my Limited Edition after work tonight, and I'll be playing the Campaign. So heads up everyone, as I'm going through the Campaign the first time I will be ignoring any and all messages sent my way!

I also hadn't realized that you needed work. As you know I'm not overly keen about my company right now, however if you really do need work, I might be able to hook you up with something.

PM me if you want to chat about that.
    good bumping in to you too. i was on a lunch date and running late so couldnt chat. ;) sorry. i just got monument to all my sins too. finally. had to run through the 'last' level again from the beginning without break just to make sure it registered as complete this time.

i am not working and looking at my options. if you have options lets discuss.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Well, I'll tell ya, if they're hiring in your area, and you can afford to go without a paycheck for a month, just the training alone is lucrative.

Here's how it works:

You apply as a Conductor, wherever you are, major city etc. The online application takes about 45 mins. Or more.. depending.. just tell 'em what they want to hear. You'll know what I mean.

They'll go through 'em and if they are hiring in the area (Which they usually are.. 10000 new hires over the next 10 years) you'll get a call saying 'Come here for this test and interview.'

Tell 'em what they want to hear, you'll work weekends, nights, whatever, on call etc.

If you make it through, you'll be put up in whatever city they're doing the training in. Thrown in a hotel for 6 weeks, all paid for.

5 years ago it paid $800 a week. Plus $30/day for food. So just your food allowance alone would net you $1260, plus the $4800 for training.

So, if you've got nothing better to do, go to the training, pass or fail you get the cash..

If you've got the means to hold out for the training period without getting paid (It's a two-week in lieu system, meaning you work 2 weeks, then another 2 weeks, then get paid the first 2, then 2 weeks later the next...) it can be lucrative.

Like I said, that was 5 years ago, training rates have probably gone up.

It's an option if you've got nothing else going on...

Base pay for a qualified conductor, worst case scenario, 60k/year.

• good bumping in to you too. i was on a lunch date and running late so couldnt chat. ;) sorry. i just got monument to all my sins too. finally. had to run through the 'last' level again from the beginning without break just to make sure it registered as complete this time.

i am not working and looking at my options. if you have options lets discuss.
    No worries dude, I actually suspect you were occupied at the time ;). Congrats on Monument. I've only been able to put about 2.5 hours into the game so far, but hope the get more. So far, I'm super impressed with the detail of the Limited Edition, and the Campaign's gameplay is fun (they seem to have lessened auto-aiming), but I'm rather disappointed in the story so far. I'm only starting Chapter 4 (_NO_ SPOILERS anyone, please!), but it seems they've completely retconed the entire last several Chapters of Halo: Fall of Reach. I'll wait 'till I complete the Campaign to pass final judgement though.

There are options at my company, and it'd depend on what you're looking for, as I don't believe they're in your native field. I hear rumour we _may_ have an IT position available soon, but it's not official yet.

Again, send me a PM if you'd like, and I can send you some detailed info, contacts, and links about what I do know.
  • Well, I'll tell ya, if they're hiring in your area, and you can afford to go without a paycheck for a month, just the training alone is lucrative.

Here's how it works:

You apply as a Conductor, wherever you are, major city etc. The online application takes about 45 mins. Or more.. depending.. just tell 'em what they want to hear. You'll know what I mean.

They'll go through 'em and if they are hiring in the area (Which they usually are.. 10000 new hires over the next 10 years) you'll get a call saying 'Come here for this test and interview.'

Tell 'em what they want to hear, you'll work weekends, nights, whatever, on call etc.

If you make it through, you'll be put up in whatever city they're doing the training in. Thrown in a hotel for 6 weeks, all paid for.

5 years ago it paid $800 a week. Plus $30/day for food. So just your food allowance alone would net you $1260, plus the $4800 for training.

So, if you've got nothing better to do, go to the training, pass or fail you get the cash..

If you've got the means to hold out for the training period without getting paid (It's a two-week in lieu system, meaning you work 2 weeks, then another 2 weeks, then get paid the first 2, then 2 weeks later the next...) it can be lucrative.

Like I said, that was 5 years ago, training rates have probably gone up.

It's an option if you've got nothing else going on...

Base pay for a qualified conductor, worst case scenario, 60k/year.
    hm sounds neat although due to be doing another year in highschool
    I would need a part time job and after school is summer then college so there really is no time for me to work there although I will definitely keep cn on my radar in the future
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    It's a fun job... as long as you like being outside.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Made a great map in forge today. Took loads of time but it was worth it. Now just have to tweak the gametype for it.
  • It's a fun job... as long as you like being outside.
    thats the best kinda job
  • Im bored as shit, its ridiculous.

I have a craving for a Call of Duty type game (Military FPS), and i dont have any :(
    And i wont have one till November...

Tuesday couldnt come any quicker, as well as saturday
  • Picked up Halo: Reach for $50. Got near the end of my shift, decided I didn't want to try another Halo game and sold it to a co-worker for $40 + MW2(which I sold about 6 months ago).
    Played it and did quite well actually. So much easier than BC2.
  • Made a great map in forge today. Took loads of time but it was worth it. Now just have to tweak the gametype for it.
    Ohh! Ohh! I wanna be a test rat!
  • ahahah. Steam pranks are fun :)

IF you add a non-steam game to your steam games library, you can edit the title.

Right now according to steam and my friends list, i am playing Team Fortress 3 - Limited BETA.

So far SpectralMeat has fallen for it :)
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I've accomplished sweet fuck all in life and in gaming as of late...

The late work nights have been leaving me worn out and tired.. Seems the only time I have any sort of energy at all is when I'm at work... and something just seems fucked up about that.
  • Worked at 5AM today urrgh only until 11:30, no break though it sucked
    now I'm at home finishing my narrative waiting til eight so a friend and I can hang out and smoke some pot...should be a fun night better than the boring morning/afternoon
    I've had no time to play reach today :(
  • I decided to get a jump start on my fall cleaning today, and ended up knocking every single task for my condo off the list.

Took most of the day, and now I'm tired and have a headache, but at least it's done.

Only things left are to work on the car, and I have a fake wicker chair I need to fix.
  • Decided to get a jump on my fall cleaning today and ended up knocking every single task for my condo off my list.

Took almost the whole day, and now I'm quite tired and have a headache, but at least it's done.

Need to work on my car and fix a fake wicker chair, and that's it.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I wanna smoke some pot... Tues/Weds off kind of sucks... all my buds are out having a ball on Thurs/Fri/Sat. and I'm working..

Le boo...

It's all for the greater good though... Stupid money and my need to have some of it.
  • Looks like there was some kind of delay last night then, as both my posts have now shown up.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    Hmm...what did i do today?... i woke up :P and i just chilled today. before i start another week of school.
  • So I thought someone changed my password to my account's at SAIT when it occured to me: My zero key dosn't like to work all the time.
    I also think I'm trying to get banned from xbox.ca today.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    shoulnd't be hard. just mention 'a certain mod's gamertag and blammo.
  • How many times have I done that since DoG went up?
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    edited September 2010
    lol not sure. but i never had a problem getting banned. i dont even have to do anything and, surprise, banhammer!

his favorite excuse is "questioning the mods"

how about a thread where you just cut and paste the warranty or code of conduct?
  • Nah, during my title change moments I'll just blatently put in Stricker Qc sucks.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    But it's Striker? Striqer? Something like that... How is it spelled?

I've been enjoying my little 'argument' with that Legit Pollak guy... It's ridiculous and bordering on retarded but I've been having a laugh with it.

Makes me smile...
  • But it's Striker? Striqer? Something like that... How is it spelled?

I've been enjoying my little 'argument' with that Legit Pollak guy... It's ridiculous and bordering on retarded but I've been having a laugh with it.

Makes me smile...
    He is quite aggressive lol
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I got up went to school and got out early cause of a low class. so i just chilled until now. i thought today would never end...
  • But it's Striker? Striqer? Something like that... How is it spelled?

Makes me smile...
    I love my contribution to that arguement.