This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• Well, I'm applying to Rogers Video (Plus) tomorrow. Don't know how it's goona go, but hopefully really good. Need to earn myself some moola.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    <
    I love my contribution to that arguement.
    He called me names. :(

It's been a long while since I trolled someone, but I think he's deserving of my efforts. Which are far from over.

There's a very good chance that he will call me more names and I will continue to prod him into doing so.

I know, it's not very adult of me to act this way... but every once in awhile I think it's nice to just troll a troll.
  • That was a big thunderstorm. A really big one
  • AnThMaNAnThMaN n00b
    edited September 2010
    I built one of those 10X10 Canadian Tire sheds for the backyard. It's huge! It took all day and the roof was a bitch. I had to climb the neighbours fence and shed to finish the roofing. The end result was a perfect but slanted shed due to a poor job of cement paving by a team of college students a month prior.
  • That aciid kid in xbox.ca is so lucky I'm banned!
  • That aciid kid in xbox.ca is so lucky I'm banned!
    hahahah, noone likes him
  • Well two days ago my video card on my computer died, and I was out of warranty. So I ended up going to tigerdirect and getting a new ati radeon HD 5670 and this card has a lifetime warranty :D

And I somehow ended up going to EB and walking out with a copy of civ5...
  • Played soft ball @ school today! Got the ball in the ballz. Ouch. But you don't care ;)
    Same thing happened to a guy in my class. But it was softball with a volleyball. Running home, jumped in the air and spread his legs to avoid the ball. He didnt.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Today a member of our family hit the ol' dusty trail.

Our kitty cat Gish, after many months of vet bills, meds and constant supervision was put to sleep this morning.

She was 14 (At best guess) and had it pretty good up until the last 6 months.

The wife and I were pretty sad... but her quality of life was complete shit and there was no amount of $$ or love we could throw at her that would've changed that.

Poor kitty.

I've seen that desperate look in a family pets eyes 3 times now... that look when they get the injection and look to you for help before they just drift away.

It kills me every time.

Euthanasia is a blessing... and a curse.
  • Today a member of our family hit the ol' dusty trail.

Our kitty cat Gish, after many months of vet bills, meds and constant supervision was put to sleep this morning.

She was 14 (At best guess) and had it pretty good up until the last 6 months.

The wife and I were pretty sad... but her quality of life was complete shit and there was no amount of $$ or love we could throw at her that would've changed that.

Poor kitty.

I've seen that desperate look in a family pets eyes 3 times now... that look when they get the injection and look to you for help before they just drift away.

It kills me every time.

Euthanasia is a blessing... and a curse.
    :( nooooo
    pets dieing is horrible but they all get old
    my dog is 10 and randomly she can't hear :(

• @Doos Very sorry about your cat dude :(.

I have a pet turtle who's 19 now, and with their lifespan, likely to outlive most if not all of us on these boards.

She's actually been the one true constant in my life, always there no matter what. She's dumb as shit though, but hey, can't win 'em all.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    @Jux A turtle? That's cool. How do you know if a turtle is smart or dumb?

@Npc I love dogs... so much fun to play with.
  • @Doos Well, she's very good at trying to force herself through spaces that are clearly far too small for her. It never goes well. She's also fond of eating her own crap. She's probably average intelligence for a turtle, mind you, as they all act that way, but she's still a dumbass and I love her for it ;). She's also pretty fat. Can't even fully tuck into her own shell anymore :p.

In life related news, yesterday I accomplished relaxing for a change. It was a good day.
  • Is it just me or has random beef gone kapoof?
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    That's pretty funny Jux. When she tries to get into small places, do her legs do a slow motion burn out?

This reminds me of this:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/07/dog.html

Dunno if any of you have ever read Hyperbole and a half... but it can be hilarious and endearing.

• school - work - homework - civ5? - sleep?
  • @Doos She tends to use her arms and legs to try and push herself through a space. She eventually a) gives up in frustration if the object is unmovable, b) moves the object, swims through, and goes and does other things :P.
  • Sorry to hear what happened to your cat Doos I lost a pet a while back, it was a Husky dog perhaps the most pretty dog I ever set eyes on. Granted we did make her a tad weighty. It was a sad day the day she passed it hit my mom worse since it was her baby girl. We do have a new dog who I'm convinced that she has A.D.D and is slightly batshit insane but she is my dad's second wife and still a hoot. Darn our furry friends and their shorter lifespans. D:
    I do enjoy most quadrapeds with fur that don't need to be caged. (Cats and Dogs)

Anyways, before we all bum eachother out with life's not so awesome side

So taking a break from homework I decided to cool off with a cold beer but we only had Coors light and Heinekin leftover.The two biggest beer names I can think of outside of Molsen. (Right I forgot to mention that my sister got married. Silly me)
    Oddly enough I've never tried a Heinekin or Coors light. I've always shyed away from the big names for a good old fashioned Polish Beer. I did drink molsen when I felt cheap.
    So this is my first taste of Heninkin and I know why kids my age like it so, it's water that gets you drunk not REAL beer. While feelin ripped off I watched Wheel of Fortune.
  • @Smoreninja Coors Light is my standard domestic, but yes, it's nothing special. Heinekin is good, but I got sick of it quickly.

My preferred beer is anything by Sleeman, save for their Honey Brown. I really enjoy Sleeman Clears these days, as I drank their Cream Ale to death.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    @Forever You should get some bear spray and douse it.

May not get rid of it permanently, but it probably won't be around your yard anymore...

Then again, depending on the size of your yard, you might not want to be there any more either... :P That stuff is toxic.

In beer, I like MGD 'cause it's mellow and I've been drinking a lot of Busch lately... a buddy brought some over one day and I've just been buying it ever since. It's cheap and effective. :P

Prefer Rickards Red though...

Every once in awhile I'll have a night of Guinness interspersed with Irish Car Bombs.

• In beer, I like MGD 'cause it's mellow...
    Shared a pitcher of that this Sunday. Good times.
  • I missed last week's episode of Rick Mercer report but thats okay!
    This week was great!
    One segment reminded me of our favorate Anti-Quebec forum member
    Bloc-Blocker... /giggle

We need a beer recommendation thread I'm starting to enjoy it more

We need a beer recommendation thread I'm starting to enjoy it more
    I don't think that topic will live long since it'll just be going around say "I drink this" everyone else saying yay or nay.

Y'know your day is boring when your biggest accomplishment is removing someone from your Facebook friendslist.
    Good thing that isn't the case today since I got unbanned from xbox.ca I've been enjoying it to the fullest.
    I also settled on a deal for my new used xbox. It was bought for MW2 and the original owner dosn't want to play anymore. That let-down has had a good use after all!
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    My beer recommendation is to try them all. It's a fun game worth playing.
  • Today I signed up for the site :-)...yay me!. I worked 7a-7p, and just finished having some dinner...charging my Zune...yes...my Zune, then I will read a bit before bed.
  • This is really sad, but it is the truth. The biggest thing that I accomplished today was noticing that everytime I see @Anthman 's avatar, I suddenly hear "WELL BAM, THERE IT IS" and start laughing.
  • Still rockin' the Halo Reach! Nailed out Captain Grade 3 last night, and now I've got a 46,000 CR grind to Major! lol
  • DjDATZDjDATZ n00b
    edited October 2010
    Took the gf out to dinner last night at Colborne Lane, cost me a fortune, but she enjoyed herself. Occasion? None.

Edit: Link to menu for the tasting dinner... http://colbornelane.com/dining_room_tasting

Anyone care to guess how much the final bill came to?