This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I wish I had your problems you two! sheesh. I want to get rid of my gut so badly. I have a sweet tooth though. Though I have been more active lately but it takes time . I have been making gains in the gym, but i badly need to start to focus on cardio , as my latest sparring sessions in muay thai have shown me.

That Kratos costume is a good idea. I need to do some work but i might be able to pull it off.

And heres a shot from Saturday biking at the durham forest near uxbridge. It was a pretty tiring weekend. Lots of biking and hiking and it was hot , i burnt my bald head and my arms .

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Law212 Ha, dude, you so do not want what I have.

I'm glad you had a great weekend though, burnt head aside.

I did the 5k Gutsy Walk for Crohn's and Colitis Canada today, and it was fantastic fun.

The weather was great, and everyone was in high spirits. I've also raised $731.00 so far.

Thanks to those of you here who donated and supported me on this years walk. Online donations are still accepted until Jul. 2nd, so if you'd like, you can still make a donation here.

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    edited June 4

I went to Blu mountain in Collingwood this weekend. It was fun, we visited some breweries, drank a bunch and hung out at a condo we rented. It was a nice getaway .
    Oh, it was me and 8 other guys .

Juxtapose

@Law212 said:
    I went to Blu mountain in Collingwood this weekend. It was fun, we visited some breweries, drank a bunch and hung out at a condo we rented. It was a nice getaway .
    Oh, it was me and 8 other guys .

Getaways like that are always fun.

• SmoreninjaSmoreninja Centurion
    I threw axes. It was fun. I sucked sooooo bad.

@Smoreninja said:
    I threw axes. It was fun. I sucked sooooo bad.

So not your preferred method of going postal?

The issue is that people will be suffering from concussions rather than anything serious.
    Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Got back a couple hours ago from Ottawa... It was a fun trip. I look forward to spending the next few weekends doing nothing at all and going nowhere though.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Got my 1 year raise , and i get more commission . Its been a great year already.

JuxtaposeDoosOzzi
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    Its been a while since I've been around. Life has been busy.

Work, school, and dad life. Pretty well sums up my time.

Work has been going well, we have increased business, and in turn have generated additional sakes. which is nice. I'm able to give my guys extra hours, but I'm working more. So the family time has been cut.

I had to head into the ER on Friday night due to my foot, its been acting up. It started to hurt so much that I was visibly limping. My wife forced me to go lol. It turns out my original surgeon had mis informed me on my break. I have a Jones fracture, which is at the base of my joint. That's why it hasn't healed. I've needed surgery since day one, but this guy has been dicking me around assuring me I don't, nor it won't be hard to heal. Its the opposite. This is a pain in the ass fracture to heal without surgery, and most of the time if it does heal it comes with complications. Long story short the ER doctor recommended a second opinion, so I go get another x-ray next week, and will see a different doctor.

School has been going. Its hard finding a work, life, school balance. I've been working at trying to set a day aside for just school related work, but that has been far from the case.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
    Law212

@Ozzi Hope you get things figured out with your foot, man. If you do need surgery, best to do what needs to be done. Hopefully that second opinion will help clear things up.

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    It looks like my dad stress leave money/insurance is about to he pulled and my parents wont ge able to afford their house anymore. They are planning on selling and moving to Edmonton where most of our extended family is if that happens but I'm not ready to leave my job so I've been looking for a place to live for the past couple of months. In the months I've been looking I have only ever seen one single listing In the part of town i need to be in and it was more than double my budget.

Yesterday i was looking and i saw a listing posted 23 hours prior for a place in the area of town i need. Looked at the address and it is the fairplex literally 15 feet behind the hardware store i work at. You could spit and hit my job from that place. The price is a little high but for now I could probably afford it for a couple of months until I find so.ewhere else. It's perfect.

I sent a text yesterday and they told me to text them again this morning and we will talk. I sent that text 4 hours ago and haven't heard anything back yet. If I don't get this place I honestly dont know where I'm going to live in the next month or two.
    Law212
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

@Ozzi Sorry to hear about your foot issues. I hope you get that well. School can be hard to manage with a full time job and a family. Its doable if you can manage time well, but even then it will be a tough time. I wish you luck because it will be tough. Happy Fathers day!

@TimothyWedel If this place does fall through and you have to follow your folks, you could always look for a similar job in Edmonton. It's a bigger city, so the odds of their being more opportunity would likely be greater.

It sucks of course if you're happy where you are and you don't want to leave, but sometimes change is forced on you; it happens.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

@TimothyWedel I agree with @Juxtapose , change can be great, so if you cant stay then embrace the change. I have lived all over and will be moving again. Not far but closer to work near the end of the year, but I always want to stay close to my family so I can help and they can help me when needed.

@Law212 said:
    @TimothyWedel I agree with @Juxtapose , change can be great, so if you cant stay then embrace the change. I have lived all over and will be moving again. Not far but closer to work near the end of the year, but I always want to stay close to my family so I can help and they can help me when needed.

That's awesome dude, you found a place then?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

@Juxtapose said:

@Law212 said:

That's awesome dude, you found a place then?

No, I havent. But after i get back from Greece me and Inna will be looking for a place convenient for both of us. She will probably switching jobs, so we will wait and see where she ends up, and since I have the car I dont need to be as close as she does.

JuxtaposeTimothyWedel
    Super rad girl came into work today to get some tools to put together her new DXRacer gaming chair "for her stream" (the one all twitch streamers use). I was so busy trying to find the right tools and talking about the chair I forgot to ask her stream name. Would have been so down to watch some PG local content.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Female streamer..... So look at my cleavage while i pretend to play games for donations....

Juxtapose
    Hell. It works.
    I stream just for giggles and shits and my most viewed stream was me playing a dating sim with my roommate who is a woman.
    Honestly, out of the streamers I watch the dude streamers flaunt their bodies more than the female streamers. There are streamers that just want to play video games and have some fun out there.
  • I was nominated for employee of the month again. Easy to do, but I have yet to actually get it.

Juxtapose

@wikkiwild1 said:
    I was nominated for employee of the month again. Easy to do, but I have yet to actually get it.

Fingers crossed for you man!

Looks like I snagged the rental. I was supposed to be moving in tomorrow but the last renters decided not to move out when they were supposed to so I guess not.
    Juxtapose

@TimothyWedel said:
    Looks like I snagged the rental. I was supposed to be moving in tomorrow but the last renters decided not to move out when they were supposed to so I guess not.

Good stuff @TimothyWedel, glad that's working out. Do you expect the current tenants to move out before your parents leave?

Yeah they will be out this week. Parents won't be gone for anywhere from a month to 4 months from now. It's all good.
    Juxtapose
    So when I went to see the place last week the old tenants were still in and all of their stuff was still there and it was dark so I couldn't really see a lot.

I texted him asking if there was any damage I should know about and he said there wasn't

Then I was supposed to go and sign the papers today but when I got their he just pointed out a hole on the wall and gave me a set of keys and that was the end of it. He said we would sign the papers on Wednesday after I move in.

After work I brought one of my coworkers over to help me take pictures of everything wrong with the place and we had to take so many. The place is a filthy mess and there are water damage stains and food stains and dead bugs and shit everywhere. Holes in the wall everywhere.

I thought the way he was handling this was fishy. Tomorrow I'm sending him a text saying he can come take the keys back and unless he hires a professional cleaner to clean and fix it up a bit I'm not signing any papers or moving in. I'm so glad I didn't sign today when I was supposed to without really seeing the place. It's a nightmare.
    Law212

@TimothyWedel Oh yeah man, when renting a place never sign based of pics and word of mouth alone. Always make sure you go and look to see anything that's being hidden.

This guy will likely not hire a professionally and he'll try to sucker the place out to some other person.

• Hey everyone...haven't been around in a while. Hope everyone is doing well. I got a new job at work...logistics coordinator...it is busy and tires me out by the end of the day.

I have also been busy looking after my mother...she has lung cancer that spread to her brain. She had radiation for the brain tumor and, more tests to see if the lung cancer has spread anywhere else and if the can perform surgery/treatment options.