This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• Anyone care to guess how much the final bill came to?
    364.52?
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I'm gonna guess two meals, guesstimate $30 a piece,dunno about wine.. but let's say there was... don't know about your taste in wine either, or whether it was a bottle of just a couple of glasses, but we'll guesstimate another $30 for a couple of glasses.

Dessert... $20..

I'm gonna say, just over $100... $120ish. Before or after tip, I don't know. I'll say before.

In the area of $120 before tip.
  • Yeah, help my sister moved out to Edmonton the trip back should have taken around 2 hours and 30 minutes but was greatly extended due to deerfoot having only one lane open.

• Anyone care to guess how much the final bill came to?
    364.52?
    That's pretty effing close, try a little bit less, and keep in mind I like to round the total if I'm tipping.
  • I've got a cold this weekend so I'm on a sick day today. My world's spinning and I've got some annoying chills going on. Ran out of meds this morning to, so I need to head to Shoppers.
  • DoosDoos Centurion

Anyone care to guess how much the final bill came to?
    364.52?
    That's pretty effing close, try a little bit less, and keep in mind I like to round the total if I'm tipping.
    That's a lot of bones for some food, yo.
  • And it all turns out as Poo anyways !
  • I really am diggin' this laptop I rented from SAIT it's all nice a spiffy with only a few software issues (like an important program not compatable with windows 7 but we gots a way around that) This gizmo even has chess it's that awesome!
    The biggest issue is that damn mouse pad I hate it. Sometimes it just randomly thinks I want to click and this normally happens when I type. The worst thing about that damn pad is the buttons for it, they are asking to be smudged and we all hate those damn smudges
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Got bumped off my regular assignment.. So now I'm on call again, 365/24/7.

I got to go outside and play with trains in the sunlight yesterday... that, my good sirs, was amazing. After a straight month of nights, it was a beautiful thing.

You could tell I wasn't used to it as I started the shift walking around with my hand lantern even though the sun was out and blazing. Took me a minute before I realized that it was not necessary.
  • I picked up Castlevania today, and work tomorrow and Saturday, 12 hour shifts. Not sure what will happen next week, as a guy almost got killed at work on Morning around 1:00 am. A large pot fell of a rail car, and, luckily landed on the side of the car and a dump box, but the worker still got hit, busted some ribs, and his shoulder was like in the middle of his back, and his left arm was all fucked up...he went through about 12 hours of surgerey, and they weren't sure if they could save the arm. A few of us might get laid off while some furnaces are down for the MOL to investigate.
  • Probably going to see "The Town" tonight with some friends
    FOUR DAY WEEKEND :D
  • Lets see... I nodded off on the train as I normally do since Calgary isn't the most exciting city to zip by in and I shut my eyes lean up on the wall and nod off.
    It was a good nap but then for some odd reason my knees decided to bend the wrong way which gave me some forward momentum.

Now, my body, at this moment, is already a wreck (Expecially my reaction time to momentum changes) since I decided to would be a good time to play Uno until 4 A.M when I needed to wake up at 6 A.M.

So I didn't notice the fact that I was falling forward until my face made contact with someone else's shoulders.

The good thing was that he wasn't some crazy lunatic and just laughed it off when I said I was sorry.

I then tried my darndest to stay awake for the entire train ride. I would fall asleep in Math class later and still complete my assignment early.
  • Yesterday, washed, waxed, vacuumed, and Armour Alled my car. Also checked the fluids and tire pressure (spare was really down), and touched up some minor surface rust I found.

Baby's ready for winter!
  • School!
    90% of the part time jobs I'm looking at only
    really want to hire people in college/uni
    it sucks...

But this week is going by fast :D

@Wick98
    how did you like the social network? I really enjoyed it
  • School!
    90% of the part time jobs I'm looking at only
    really want to hire people in college/uni
    it sucks...

But this week is going by fast :D

@Wick98
    how did you like the social network? I really enjoyed it
    I should move to where you live than.
  • Today, I officially survived for another year.
  • Well hot damn Juxt happy birthday and I hope you have many years of hating DLC to come! :D
    Oh and while hating the DLC continue to be awesome.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Happy B-Day Jux!! I've got one coming up too! I'm going from the 2's to the 3's!

Still look like I'm 19 apparently, as I get carded everywhere I go.

Seriously, last year I got carded at the movie theatre! The movie theatre for godssake.

I think the flick was Zombieland

The last few days in life I've been trying to price out and decide on a new car.

It's a nice split of fun/not fun.
  • Doos I know what you mean I look younger as well it sucks being id'd for video games and movies and will suck for drinks when i'm 19 but hey when were old it wont be so bad!

...and happy birthday Juxt :D have a good one!
  • I love flashing my ID when asked. I'm "hewl yeahs! I'm old enough foo!"
  • Thanks guys! I actually turned the big 3-0 today!

And yeah, I look younger than my age too, but thankfully I don't get carded at movies anymore.
  • Tomorrow is Friday, Finally!
  • Happy Birthday Jux. Sorry I missed it.

Today is Friday, a bunch of us get laid off today. Fun. :-(

Good luck Vanished, hoping its not you

• Today is Friday, a bunch of us get laid off today. Fun. :-(
    Fingers crossed it _won't_ be you!

You got my vote to stay where you work!
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Today in life I'm playing with the big CCC! Credit Card Companies! Wheeee!

I got a credit report last night in order to see my score to be better prepared for what may come when applying for financing through an auto dealership.

Better the score, lower the financing rate.

My score is now just below average, which is still probably going to be fine for the financing, but I noticed that on the one card I hadn't used in ages, it had 3 little dings beside it saying I had an outstanding balance and the card had been closed out back in 2009.

This is basically the worst thing besides bankruptcy that you can have on your report... it can lower your score by up to 30%... or so says the 'googles'.

I hadn't used the card since '08, so I was like 'Wtf yo!?'

It's been a couple hours of being transferred from person to person through a variety of services, I finally got the info I was looking for, which is 'What was I charged for? Why didn't I get the statement?!'

So, hadn't used the card in a long, long time.

Then a charge of $67.79 appeared.

Where did it come from? Microsoft!

An Xbox Live renewal! Hooray!

It's funny though, because I've been using pre-paid Live cards for the last few years, so I don't see any reason why that account has been charged. My account would already have had a Live subscription for that time period.

So, I'm guessing I have multiple Live subscriptions now? Probably, haven't looked into the Xbox part of it yet,

I'm dealing with the Insolvency dept. of Mastercard, taking a shot in the dark seeing if I can pay the balance and have the black marks removed from my record. Or at least reduced in some way. Add a sidenote or something... I dunno.

It's most likely not going to make a difference... but I'm going to give 'er a try any way.

Then I'm going to go through the evil, EVIL process of calling MS Support and seeing what records they have of the transaction.

I had a new credit card set up at that time for all MS dealings, one attached to my bank account so it was payable and more importantly NOTICEABLE to me on a monthly basis, as I frequently deal with online banking for a variety of reasons.

Anyway... that's what I'm dealing with today... also Haggling with car salesmen and speaking with insurance brokers.

Lots of phone time fun.
  • @Doos Ouch dude, an excellent example of why auto-renewal is a bad thing! I decided to bite and take advantage of the Halo: Reach promotion they had a month ago, where you could renew for $35.99 for one year and you get a Noble 6 Avatar helmet (anyone get the helmet yet, by the way? Takes 6 to 8, apparently, which hasn't been reached yet).

At the end of Feb. 2011, this will kick in for me and turn auto-renewal on, and you can bet I'll be on the phone with Xbox Support by late 2011 to early 2012 to have auto-renewal disabled!

To some of our younger members out there, some credit card tips below to help with your credit rating:

- Get a credit card as early as possible to begin building your rating.
    - You _must_ watch your spending. Make sure you pay off your _entire_ balance each month.
    - Unless required, limit yourself to one credit card. Having more than one card apparently lowers your rating.

If your responsible with your card and able to avoid having overdue payments, you're credit rating will be in very good standing.