This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• So far today, I took a two hour drive east on the 401 for the fun of it and to give the car's engine a workout (don't highway drive much anymore).

Then I wolfed down a medium one-topping from Domino's!
  • My sock drawer does look lonely without a credit card.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    @Jux Yep, I thought I was on top of that stuff.. but either I forgot to change my billing address when I moved to London, or they f'd it up when I tried to change it.

Either way, the outcome was the same. Outstanding balance, way over due. Card was closed.

Such a bummer. It's a good thing my score was already in good standing when it happened, otherwise I'd be in a bad spot for future financing. Ick.

Another handy credit card tip:

Get your free credit report every year. See what it's saying about you.

Places like Equifax.ca offer a free (Snail Mail) report yearly, so sign up and order one.. why not?

Get 'em now when you don't need them, that way you'll be better prepared for when you do!

I always find it enjoyable to see who's been checking my credit, how many creditors are still tracking me etc. It's neat.
  • Happy Birthday Jux. Sorry I missed it.

Today is Friday, a bunch of us get laid off today. Fun. :-(
    You got my vote to stay where you work!
    Thanks Smore...our layoff got cancelled...at least for next week anyway.
  • Finished a massive install document for a project just now, there were a lot of people waiting for it but it had to be done for EOD Friday, and I haven't left yet, so it's still on time. :P
  • I'm thinking of applying for a CC soon so I can have a good credit rating early in life
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    Nothing too much yet. although the partying is about to get started :) FRIDAY!!! lmao.
  • edited October 2010
    @Wick98 You know that if you dont take your G road test after a certain amount of time, you have start back writing the G1 test and starting ALL over again... Right?

edit* And last night i went to a friends house and played some video games with a few buddies. It was fun, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium 2, Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey and Mario Party 2. Good times
  • Yesterday, went and watched The Social Network. I quite enjoyed it.
  • Yesterday, went and watched The Social Network. I quite enjoyed it.
    Yeah it was very well done
  • I finally have an idea as to what the hell "The Social Network" is about thanks to Juxt. Now I know I'm less likly to watch it.
  • What wasn't there to understand about what its about?
  • I finally have an idea as to what the hell "The Social Network" is about thanks to Juxt. Now I know I'm less likly to watch it.
    Checked the review on my blog, I'm guessing? If so, you know how I mentioned in the end that I don't use Facebook much anymore since I find it's taking socialization away from, well, socializing?

Well after seeing The Social Network, I like Facebook even less.

Now if you excuse me, I need to log onto Facebook to respond to the ex. Damned hypocrisy.
  • I'm thinking of applying for a CC soon so I can have a good credit rating early in life
    Yea, I got a CC just after my 18th birthday, 23 now, and I've only missed 3 or 4 payments intermittently. My buddy who works at a bank says if you have a built up rating, it takes 2 or 3 missed payments in a ROW in order for your credit rating to start going down.
  • At the end of Feb. 2011, this will kick in for me and turn auto-renewal on, and you can bet I'll be on the phone with Xbox Support by late 2011 to early 2012 to have auto-renewal disabled!
    Call them as soon as it picks up the new 1 year so you don't forget.
  • What wasn't there to understand about what its about?
    There was the entire plot to not know. All I ever saw of it was when someone said "Welcome to Blah blah" I didn't even care enough to pay attention to the trailer.

Then again, it's a movie how could you expect for me to pay attention?
  • At the end of Feb. 2011, this will kick in for me and turn auto-renewal on, and you can bet I'll be on the phone with Xbox Support by late 2011 to early 2012 to have auto-renewal disabled!
    Could that invalidate the promotional pricing though?
  • School boring.
    I might be going to the college fair at the direct energy center tomorrow
    in Toronto, that could be interesting
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I got up like a zombie and then went to school :( and here i am.
  • I'm so happy! I understand how logic gates work in theory but I could never wire one up proporly. Now I do! This is kinda huge since Logic gates are kinda important.
    Could that invalidate the promotional pricing though?
    It shouldn't. They give you the one year of service, it's your option whether you want to have Auto-renew on or off. Of course, they want you to have it on, so they make it as difficult as possible to toggle that option.
  • double down
    I hope to accomplish one soon too
    how was it?
  • I bought the onslaught game mode today since it was on sale and not only that but my Macs had a deal going on where for every Points card / Gold subscription I'd get a free king sized chocolate bar.
    Hell yeah! Today was awesome.
    I also completed my WHIMS training.
  • double down
    how was it?
    Hoping to take on one myself.... maybe today for lunch :)
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I bought the onslaught game mode today since it was on sale and not only that but my Macs had a deal going on where for every Points card / Gold subscription I'd get a free king sized chocolate bar.
    Hell yeah! Today was awesome.
    I also completed my WHIMS training.
    I too bought Onslaught... I got it for the Helicopter practice. It's damn frustrating trying to learn during a MP game... So I says... what the hey! I'll buy it!

• Hmm... Now that i think of that, i wonder what flying a Heli in BC2 on PC is like ... I could fly it pretty well on 360, but hmm.... I can see PC being a little more difficult.
  • Hmm... Now that i think of that, i wonder what flying a Heli in BC2 on PC is like ... I could fly it pretty well on 360, but hmm.... I can see PC being a little more difficult.
    Plug your controller in for instant success
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    double down
    how was it?
    Hoping to take on one myself.... maybe today for lunch :)
    I felt like i had saltlick shoved in my mouth for the rest of the day. take my advice; if you have it then have some coleslaw or something else non-salty on the side to compensate. do NOT just have it straight.
  • Yesterday, at end of business day, my boss called me and informed me that I am being awarded a rather substantial raise that's retroactive for the last two months. In addition, I'm being given a large bonus in the next few weeks.

As unhappy as I am with my company right now, I certainly can't complain about how my boss has championed for me and a huge kudos to him!

He's visiting this coming Tuesday and we'll be having a discussion about me and the company then, so we'll see how that goes.