This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• wow congrats juxt :D
    as for my accomplishments...I saw jackass 3D last night SO FUNNY
    and if the rain goes away I'm going to Halloween haunt at wonderland :D
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    went did some shopping today. just to get some general stuff. I'll have to see if my local Macs is doing that deal... why not. :P
  • Thats great to hear Juxt!
    Does that mean you'll be hosting contests? :p
    Anyways I found out that Ethernet cables are a pain in the ass to make by hand. Harder still with the side cutters I have.
  • edited October 2010
    I tried a Double Down today. It was absolutely terrible. I only managed to eat half. It was way too salty and the chicken was too thick. It tasted like salt with a side of chicken. The proportion of chicken to cheese and bacon is way off. You could hardly notice there was any bacon in it at all, the occasional crunch was it. When you specifically took a small bite of chicken, you could notice the cheese, but otherwise all you tasted was salt and chicken. Worth trying once, but that's it. It was always WAY overpriced. I was expecting it to be twice the size at least for its price.
  • Thats great to hear Juxt!
    Does that mean you'll be hosting contests? :p
    Anyways I found out that Ethernet cables are a pain in the ass to make by hand. Harder still with the side cutters I have.
    Sadly, it just means I'll be paying my mortgage off faster, but that's a good thing!

We used to make our own Ethernet cables at the office 5 years ago to, but then we grew and got too busy. They were going to train me on it, but never bothered and we just keep buying them in bulk deals from our phone techs.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Congrats on your raise Jux! I'm sure you whooped a lot of ass to get it!

In life today, I have rolled out of the 20's and into my 30's!

The wife bought me Fallout: New Vegas, some chocolates, and a XXX board game that we played last night... and it was fucking amazing.

I also got called back to London for work, so no more 100km commute (For now) and all is going very, very well in the land of Doos!
  • I tried a double down and my only complaint is the price...
    Yes it was a greasy and nasty mess but thats what kfc is!
    And by greasy and nasty I mean amazing!

Definitely a once a year thing though
  • Congrats on your raise Jux! I'm sure you whooped a lot of ass to get it!

In life today, I have rolled out of the 20's and into my 30's!

The wife bought me Fallout: New Vegas, some chocolates, and a XXX board game that we played last night... and it was fucking amazing.

I also got called back to London for work, so no more 100km commute (For now) and all is going very, very well in the land of Doos!
    More like been getting my ass whopped the last two years and screwed around, but not in a good HR violation sort of way :p.

Dude, congrats on hitting the big 3-0 and for being called back to work in London!
  • I tried a double down and my only complaint is the price...
    Yes it was a greasy and nasty mess but thats what kfc is!
    And by greasy and nasty I mean amazing!

Definitely a once a year thing though
    I guess I'll bite and try a double down.
  • We used to make our own Ethernet cables at the office 5 years ago to, but then we grew and got too busy.
    Pro tip: Use a good side cutter not a peice of crap black and decker side cutter.
    That thing can't cut 8 wires at the same time to save my mark.
  • Grats on your raise Jux, and grats Doos on not having to travel for work for the time being...and for making it to your 30's.

My brother and his girlfriend visited this weekend, so it was nice to see him. Went out for dinner Friday night and last night, some good meals and good beer.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I haven't really accomplished much today, It's one of those days you don't want to do anything.
  • ...It's one of those days you don't want to do anything.
    I'd love to have far more days like that. Outside of gaming, thus far I've gotten lunch, bought my father his birthday gift, and scratched my delectable posterior. All-in-all, a good day so far.
  • I went and saw Jackass 2D today(wasn't at a 3D enabled theatre :( ) The theatre actually titled it as Jackass 2D, right next to the Jackass 3D poster. Was a little amusing.
    Pretty dam funny. Much better then what I've seen of previous Jackasses. The majority of the stuff they did was actually funny stuff, whereas a lot of previous stunts they've done have simply been stupid and not funny in any way(like the leech on the eye)
    Surprisingly there was only like 8 people in the theatre. It was a 7:20pm showing on a Sunday evening.
  • Well hot damn I better get the same reading skills as Doos since I didn't even know it was your birthday recently. Happy Birthday Doos!
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Thanks for the b-day wishes dudes! It's all over now... no more special day for me! :P

In life today I've accomplished very little besides waking up and drinking coffee.

I want to go drive around in the new wheels... but I can't think of anywhere to go.
  • Thanks for the b-day wishes dudes! It's all over now... no more special day for me! :P

In life today I've accomplished very little besides waking up and drinking coffee.

I want to go drive around in the new wheels... but I can't think of anywhere to go.
    Drive all the way to Calgary and kidnap me then buy me some coffee. :D
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    That'd be quite the trip...

According to http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

I'd love to be able to just pick up and go for it... Maybe one day... Looks like I'd get to travel through a lot of the U.S... which would be cool as I haven't seen a lot of it yet. I'd like to.
  • Very well then!
    I shall walk there! (By the way your link doesn't show the route so I had to make it up)
    I'll see you in 24 days! : D
    Maybe not... I'll just head to the Timmy's on campus, apparently one of the busiest in Canada
  • Yesterday, at end of business day, my boss called me and informed me that I am being awarded a rather substantial raise that's retroactive for the last two months. In addition, I'm being given a large bonus in the next few weeks.

As unhappy as I am with my company right now, I certainly can't complain about how my boss has championed for me and a huge kudos to him!

He's visiting this coming Tuesday and we'll be having a discussion about me and the company then, so we'll see how that goes.
    Damn @Juxtapose! Congrats!
  • We used to make our own Ethernet cables at the office 5 years ago to, but then we grew and got too busy.
    Pro tip: Use a good side cutter not a peice of crap black and decker side cutter.
    Pro Pro Tip: Go on ebay and buy your LAN cables super-cheap out of China.
  • Thanks for the b-day wishes dudes! It's all over now... no more special day for me! :P

Got a new whip? What is it?
    Pro Pro Tip: Go on ebay and buy your LAN cables super-cheap out of China.
    Uber pro pro tip: I'll get a failing mark if I buy my own cords.
  • I had quite an eventful, but not that fun weekend.

Worked Friday during the day, went home, had a pizza, went back to work for another 4.5 hrs of OT. Then came home, dropped my shit off, picked up the gf and went out clubbing for about 4 hours ;) The gf looked hella hot, so that was more than enough motivation!

Other than that, my brother and his gf came to TO from MTL on Saturday and are here till... well they're probably leaving about now. My parents, them, my gf and I all had a nice dinner yesterday evening, so that was a ton of fun and a great way to end the weekend.

Also, Fabl3 showed up, so I spent quite a bit of time with that this weekend, however, not as much as would have liked.
  • DjDATZDjDATZ n00b
    edited October 2010
    @Smoreninja why? Oh wait, is this part of a networking course at Uni?
  • Because that is the project.
    It's like buying your own volcano for the science fair
  • I had quite an eventful, but not that fun weekend.

Worked Friday during the day, went home, had a pizza, went back to work for another 4.5 hrs of OT. Then came home, dropped my shit off, picked up the gf and went out clubbing for about 4 hours ;) The gf looked hella hot, so that was more than enough motivation!

Other than that, my brother and his gf came to TO from MTL on Saturday and are here till... well they're probably leaving about now. My parents, them, my gf and I all had a nice dinner yesterday evening, so that was a ton of fun and a great way to end the weekend.

Also, Fabl3 showed up, so I spent quite a bit of time with that this weekend, however, not as much as would have liked.
    Sounds like an awesome weekend dude. I worked late on Friday, cleaned the place and did some quick shopping on Saturday, and spent the rest of the weekend chilling with Halo: Reach and Mass Effect 2, so nothing much on my end.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    @Smore Put on some good walking shoes... You're in for the long haul on that endeavour.

@DjDatz Got myself a Hyundai Elantra Touring... Fully loaded. Little bit of flash, whole lot of function. I quite enjoy it... It'll tide me over til I hit middle age and need a muscle car. :)

Here's a link to a user review on Youtube if you're interested.. Not done by me.

If I remember correctly, you're all about the sporty cars... so don't expect to be all that impressed. ;)

• Because that is the project.
    It's like buying your own volcano for the science fair
    As long as you take the stickers off, you should be good. ;) LOL