This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• DjDATZDjDATZ n00b
    edited October 2010
    @DjDatz Got myself a Hyundai Elantra Touring... Fully loaded. Little bit of flash, whole lot of function. I quite enjoy it... It'll tide me over til I hit middle age and need a muscle car. :)

Here's a link to a user review on Youtube if you're interested.. Not done by me.

If I remember correctly, you're all about the sporty cars... so don't expect to be all that impressed. ;)
    Truth be told, I'm all about 2 wheeled beasts designed for racing with enough power to make you shit yourself about 4 times over in the span of 3 seconds. But yes, I do love sportscars, supercars and exotics. LOL My true love are the 2-wheeled beasts though.

And, I can also appreciate function though. My most favourite thing about our Rondo, is the Bluetooth integrated into the radio, meaning I can either stream music from my iPhone without a cable, or answer calls without touching my phone. (Albeit, I do try to limit my phonecalls in the car to a max of 15-30 seconds, mostly along the lines of "Sup? Okay, I'll call you back when I get home, I'm driving now. Bye.") Kias and Hyundais are quite awesome when it comes to stuffing tech into their cars; they're seen as "cheaper brands" so they have to offer a lot more bang for your buck. Granted, I think getting a car for 20k, that Toyota or Honda sell for 35k should be bang enough. lol
  • @Doos Have a 2004 Elantra GT myself, and absolutely love it.
  • I fed my Sushi addiction over the weekend at an all you can eat sushi place. YUM!
  • I had not so good coffee to start my day. Before that I had an epic breakfast of Bacon, Eggs and Hash-browns. Nom Nom!
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I fed my Sushi addiction over the weekend at an all you can eat sushi place. YUM!
    All you can eat sushi?!?! Where is this place? and i'm sick so i got off early today.and here i am .
  • I fed my Sushi addiction over the weekend at an all you can eat sushi place. YUM!
    All you can eat sushi?!?! Where is this place? and i'm sick so i got off early today.and here i am .
    There are at least 4 places in Markham that I know of...
    Maison du Japon/A Taste of Japan - John and Woodbine
    Aji Sai Sushi (thank you Streeview) - Bayview and Romfield Circuit
    Kaze - 16th and Woodbine
    14th and Kennedy - Yellow sign with red characters, don't know the name.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    ayce sushi is a favorite. aji sai on queen is amazing but there are many others. frick now i want some.
  • Pulled a 12 hour shift and got an office move done. Blarg.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    Thanks Guy's I'm sure when i'm in the area to check some of these out. :) well backtracking to yesterday i went in early finished some stuff we needed. and that night i went out for dinner with the family for my sisters birthday.

and BTW Wick are you going to the Toronto Skills Comp in November?
  • Wonderland tonight, we never went last week cause it rained
    but its nice tonight :D
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    @Ozzi:

I'm not sure. I've actually never gone before.

Today, I started The Force Unleashed 2 and watched the Leafs' game.

Going to a Hallowe'en party tomorrow night, at a friend's.

You should go. and see the leafs compete against each other. anyways i got up and did some work and hung out with some buddy's. :)
  • Just finished the story in Fable 3... Wasn't particularly hard...
  • I did some more raking at my Grandparents' today. Put another couple hours in, but had some help this time. The front lawn is finally finished. Before I started last weekend, it looked like a sea of leaves. They have a gigantic tree in their front yard and a lot of the lawn was covered with a foot of leaves.
    We have a VERY large front lawn, so we get a LOT of leaves! My dad and I were out there for 2 hours and we're only done about a third, still have to do the enclosed area and the other side of the house.

To make matters worse, our douche neighbour pushed all his leaves onto the road and just left them there to blow away onto our property. Whatever leaves end up on our side next weekend will get pushed back onto his lawn.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I did some more raking at my Grandparents' today. Put another couple hours in, but had some help this time. The front lawn is finally finished. Before I started last weekend, it looked like a sea of leaves. They have a gigantic tree in their front yard and a lot of the lawn was covered with a foot of leaves.
    We have a VERY large front lawn, so we get a LOT of leaves! My dad and I were out there for 2 hours and we're only done about a third, still have to do the enclosed area and the other side of the house.

To make matters worse, our douche neighbour pushed all his leaves onto the road and just left them there to blow away onto our property. Whatever leaves end up on our side next weekend will get pushed back onto his lawn.
    Lucky me we don't have large trees around so no need to do alot of raking. give it another 10-15 years before we need to do this.

nothing much today, i'm off sick so. just gonna rest up.
  • Today while walking to the subway after work, I found a random credit card on the ground.

Took it home, called the respective bank so they could put a hold on it, and they're presently contacting the owner to let them know it's safe and to try and arrange a return.
  • Today while walking to the subway after work, I found a random credit card on the ground.

Took it home, called the respective bank so they could put a hold on it, and they're presently contacting the owner to let them know it's safe and to try and arrange a return.
    What a nice person you are. A know a few people who have lost their credit cards and they were never returned so they had to pay to get new ones.
  • In the effort of tearing off the corner of a plastic jelly bean wrapper with my teeth, i inhaled the plastic and began to kinda sorta choke on it... I stuck my finger down my throat, managed to not gag and fished it out of there. Then i laughed

I think Juxt earned himself another awesome cookie
  • Like only 7-8 kids came to the door yesterday
    ...so much candy left over :D
  • Like only 7-8 kids came to the door yesterday
    ...so much candy left over :D
    We didnt have many here either. Actually, talking to people, nobody really did. What has the world come to?!
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Found out that demo begins for my renos in less than 2 weeks meaning november is going to be VERY busy and hectic for me. :( :)
  • Found out that demo begins for my renos in less than 2 weeks meaning november is going to be VERY busy and hectic for me. :( :)

I'm managing two renos, a new floor set up, and several mini-moves at the same time :(.
  • DjDATZDjDATZ n00b
    edited November 2010
    Today while walking to the subway after work, I found a random credit card on the ground.

How very honest of you. I can imagine that some people would try to use the credit card.
    What a nice person you are. A know a few people who have lost their credit cards and they were never returned so they had to pay to get new ones.
    Pay the CC company for a new one?! THIS IS MADNESS! It's in the credit card company's best interest that you use their card. If my CC company tried to pull this shit on me, it'd be a reason for me to close my account and discontinue business with them.
    In the effort of tearing off the corner of a plastic jelly bean wrapper with my teeth, i inhaled the plastic and began to kinda sorta choke on it... I stuck my finger down my throat, managed to not gag and fished it out of there. Then i laughed
    I'm not /entirely/ sure that having good gag reflexes when shoving things down your throat is a good thing... LOL
  • She's probably doing it for something to do. A lot of people in their 80's and up tend to feel a lack of purpose, sadly.

My grandparents are going through that now (early to mid-80's), and my grandfather is always up and about doing stuff he really shouldn't be anymore.

How very honest of you. I can imagine that some people would try to use the credit card.
    Many people would, I'm sure, but I play fair. If I ever lost my card, I'd hope someone would be honest and do that same for me.

I've actually been a bit of a card magnet these last few years. Found about 3 or 4 lost credit cards and a Driver's License.
  • When I worked retail, I use to find a few cards a month...either left in our store or in the parking lot. I usually tried to find a receipt with the name/number of the person if it was in our store...or would drop it off to Customer Service in the mall if I found it outside, that way they could make an announcement over the loud speaker.

Many people would, I'm sure, but I play fair. If I ever lost my card, I'd hope someone would be honest and do that same for me.

I've actually been a bit of a card magnet these last few years. Found about 3 or 4 lost credit cards and a Driver's License.
    I always gave back credit cards. Otherwise the person giving CMHA a donation might not like us so much. When I worked in Fast Food we didn't accept credit cards until my last days so none got left behind and also this was in a mall food court so the only way for someone to leave behind a credit card is if they tossed it at us or forgot their object-that-holds-their-life.
    The former has yet to happen while the latter happened once.
  • I found a moon rock in my nose.

The guy also hasn't called me for his credit card yet.
  • Cut my thumb with wire strippers/cutters.