This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

RajioRajio Centurion
edited August 2016 in General
Merging all the "What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today" threads
Tagged:

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    edited September 2010
    Very early this morning, two friends and I made it from Wave 1 to 27 in Horde on No Where, working on that Achievement for Gears of War 2.

Also tacking advantage of the 25 x XP this weekend. Thus far, most enemies carrying Tourque Bows actually seems to be making it easier.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Played some more RUSE demo... I think I'm going to be picking it up some time post launch. Very enjoyable.

• Is there a RUSE demo on 360 aswell?

And i played some Supreme Commander 2, and more TF2
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    It's not out yet on the 360, for whatever reason, but I'm sure it will be soon.. I believe the game comes out on the 7th? So, probably around then..

It's very enjoyable... confusing as balls at first, but after a game or two, it's a blast.
  • Yesterday, played a game of Firefight in Halo: Reach at the Toronto event. Drove around the new rocket Warthog. Splattered stuff good. Physics felt a bit odd though.
  • It's not out yet on the 360, for whatever reason, but I'm sure it will be soon.. I believe the game comes out on the 7th? So, probably around then..

It's very enjoyable... confusing as balls at first, but after a game or two, it's a blast.
    Oh for sure, ill agree with the confusing part.
    I tried that badboy when it was in Beta, and when they had a free weekend on Steam.

My god it was odd. *Yay rhymes!*

I wasnt really a fan of the game. You stick ONE, yes ONE, anti tank unit in the forest and it can take down an ENTIRE tank army. Lame.

Nice visuals though.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I liked that bit.. with the ambushes etc.

Unless they recon the area, your/their tanks won't know anyone is lying in wait.

I really like the whole 'line of sight' set up. You can't what's coming around forests etc. unless you have units sitting aside that can spot incoming reinforcements etc.

That's what that little recon jeep is for.. send him scouting, then you need to send in your troops to destroy.

Once you take over the airfield, it's a breeze sending recon planes out to scout then swooping in with your tanks and heavy infantry to fuck up the joint..

I really enjoyed it. Some nice strategy and the way you can zoom in and out of the battle is excellent.

Plus it runs on my console, which is more than I can say for all the other RTS type games I've tried to play on my PC. Stupid PC. :P

AoE Online Beta runs decently though.. which is what I've been spending most of my time playing lately.
  • Id like to check out that AoE, how did you get your hands on the Beta?
  • Well sleepah your a new face here so lemme welcome you.
    That or my memory failed me again.

I'm getting really back into Bladestorm again. Hooray simple games that have a longer playtime required to beat than most games.
    Maybe I'm just slow with this game?
  • Yesterday, played some Horde in Gears of War 2 with a few new friends I made at the Halo: Reach event. We made it to Wave 30 on "No Where" (I jumped in at Wave 17) and called it a night.
  • Got halfway through one big mission in Killzone 2 and something went wrong and didn't save my progress. Thanks Sony!

But seriously, I hate re-doing crap that I spend some time on.

Also, played some AvP online this morning. Haven't played it on my new television so it's quite a change. Fun though.
  • Dusted off diablo 2 been playing a necromancer. Giving some thought to playing gears 2 or dead space. never played gears 2 and just finished gears for the first time ever. Need to get good at RTS's again.
  • Got 100% for swords in Bladestorm. Which got me some fancy legendary weapon which is has one small issue... The useage of swords reguires you to use several dffrent types of sword. Some cases kinda stupid some not so.
    Example.
    With a regular sword in hand is one sword
    Sword+ sheild is another sword even though the sword types are the same
    There is the curved sword which is very diffrent but I didn't get a legendary weapon for that.
    Oh well. Onwards 100% them all.
  • Got half way through Metroid: Other M, then watched my brother finish it off. It was highly enjoyable, even though it doesn't even compare to Super Metroid =D. The story is excellent, you get those nostalgic moments once in a while and it's pretty action packed.
  • Dusted off diablo 2 been playing a necromancer. Giving some thought to playing gears 2 or dead space. never played gears 2 and just finished gears for the first time ever. Need to get good at RTS's again.
    We have to rework our builds in SupCom Kay! ASAP!

Although i start school again tomorrow (ew) and i work tonight (ew again)
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    RUSE demo is up on 360. Give 'er a whirl.
  • edited September 2010
    RUSE demo is up on 360. Give 'er a whirl.
    As is Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock.
  • Got "Like Father, Like Gun" in Gears of War 2 last night.
  • today i picked up dragon age origins for PC i hear really good things about im basically trying to go thru all the games i have. How did you guys feel about RUSE? i played beta way back and it just didnt appeal to me. Who knows maybe much has changed.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Most reviews have said that it's (RUSE) quite slow... I didn't find that from the demo, but then again, I played it four times so I kind of knew what was going on and where to be moving etc. So I always had something to do.

I was interested in picking it up, but I think I'm going to wait and see if it drops in price quickly.

I enjoyed the demo a lot, so I definitely want it... just not $69.99 want.
  • Hooked on Dragon age level 6 mage having lots of fun. Great epic start to a game.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Playing a lot of PvZ. One more Survival mode to unlock Endless Survival...
  • If the ammount of work I get is what I've been told I will be getting anytime soon then I may soon be saying:
    'I play chess on my laptop, at school!'
    I'll still be lovin' it!
    Speaking of chess I'm playing it at school while typing this.
  • Two nights ago: Earned "Strictly Business" in Fallout 3, which was the last of the retail game's Achievements that I needed.

Last night: Earned "Blood on the Sand" in Gears of War 2.
  • Hooked on Dragon age level 6 mage having lots of fun. Great epic start to a game.
    Yeah man Dragon age is awesome on pc I'm might play some tonight
  • Completed Fallout 3's main quest for the second time today.
  • Completed episode four of alan wake its one of my GOTY contenders so far
  • Yesterday I :

- Downloaded and played the VVVVVV demo on Steam. It was interesting. Trippy as balls.
    - Downloaded and played the Swarm Arena demo. Really cool visuals, but gameplay gets old.
    - Played some Team Fortress 2. Heard some guy said that the Polycount Update would be coming out today. If it does, i will have to change my underpants.
    - Played a few games of Supreme Commander, trying a new tactic with Cybran. It works, but it requires the other team to make a bad move. After that, its golden. Also leaves me vulnerable off the start.
    - Tried to play some of The Sims 3... Got bored.
    - Preordered Civilization V on Steam. Now i get a bonus map :D Its released in 1 week and 1 day