This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Comments

• I laughed at Steam because all MLB (baseball) games are 90% off. Shows how popular they are. They range in price now from 0.99 to 1.99. WOO
  • I laughed at Steam because all MLB (baseball) games are 90% off. Shows how popular they are. They range in price now from 0.99 to 1.99. WOO
    I think mlb is more of a console series

• A lot of it is to do with the fact that I have really bad OCD. I wash my hands before I play games and I don't like touching dirty discs that tons of people have rented. I also always check to make sure there's not a ton of dust on the bottom of the disc before putting it into my console.
    Cool, makes sense. I wash my hands before touching my Controller and games as well and I really look after my stuff. Rentals have never bothered me though.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I played a little bit of Fallout: New Vegas then i played some of the Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Demo. Not really accomplishing much in both. :P
  • Team Fortress 2 Halloween Event arrived last night with 2 EPIC looking maps. I got to play that for about 15 minutes after it updated...
  • Team Fortress 2 Halloween Event arrived last night with 2 EPIC looking maps. I got to play that for about 15 minutes after it updated...
    Add me on Steam, Keadin. I'm a TF2 junkie.
    Sure thing!
    Hawks is this a limited time event?
  • AnThMaNAnThMaN n00b
    edited October 2010
    Yo deez Rock Band 3 achievements are a pain! (In the fucking ass)

e.g. They're misleading, Get 200 note streak on "The Perfect Drug" = you 1st have to download the song 160MSP then play it ONLY on STANDARD drums. [Now where does it say that in the description?]

Still can't unlock the "Beat ANY Boston song" - I totally beat Foreplay/Longtime 4 times and still nothing.

Not only are the achievements not unlocking but Canadians have to wait another month for the pro instruments to come out. Come on Harmonics! I traded-in New Vegas for this shit!
  • I started The Force Unleashed 2 this evening and put just over two hours into it. I beat the first mission and quite a bit of the second before quitting so I could watch the Leafs' game. I think I unlocked around 115G.
    hey Wick, is Force Unleashed 2 as medicore as all the reviews are saying?
  • I started The Force Unleashed 2 this evening and put just over two hours into it. I beat the first mission and quite a bit of the second before quitting so I could watch the Leafs' game. I think I unlocked around 115G.
    hey Wick, is Force Unleashed 2 as medicore as all the reviews are saying?
    Well the demo did feel alot like the first game.
    After playing DMC4 it is very lack luster in comparison.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I'm going to head onto Fallout in a bit and i'm going to jam on that for a while. get some quests done etc.
  • Nailing out levels in Gears 2, gone up from a 54 to a 66 in about 2.5 hours due to the 31x XP event! :D
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Still playing Fable 3... getting near the end, I'm thinking. It's enjoyable, but still suffering from those same ol' faults.

I might go in depth about it when it's all said and done... or not... see how I feel.
  • DjDATZDjDATZ n00b
    edited October 2010
    Hit level 72 actually, an heading to bed. Picked up approx. 1.5 MILLION XP. The Level 100 achievement comes at 6.8 million and I'm currently sitting pretty at 2.3 million. A few more nights like this, and I should have my wings. :D
  • edited October 2010
    Team Fortress 2 Halloween Event arrived last night with 2 EPIC looking maps. I got to play that for about 15 minutes after it updated...
    Add me on Steam, Keadin. I'm a TF2 junkie.
    Sure thing!
    Hawks is this a limited time event?
    Ends after Sunday i presume, yes it is limited time.

And effin right Keadin, about time i get another Forum Member that plays a lot of TF2.

Ive racked up 357 hours since last xmas hahaha

edit* I added and it says you Join in 2004 and your were last online 700 days ago... do i have the right person? Or do you have privacy permissions?
  • I got through some more MOH on my PS3 last night. It is pretty cool, will have to tackle the MP soon as well.
  • I tried an Arcade-Type game on Steam this morning, It was fun. It was called Shank
  • edited October 2010
    I finally took 1st place on both events on the NFS Hot Pursuit Demo on my friends list tonight! The Pursuit mode took quite a while(50 attempts) as my friend had a killer time, but I ended up beating it by almost 3 seconds in the end :D

For those of you who've played the demo, what are your times in the 2 events? Mine are:
    Pursuit: 1:03.91
    Race: 3:32.91

I have 15 attempts in the Race mode, although a few of those were my 10 year old neighbour so those totally don't count towards my total. He also had a couple tries on the Pursuit mode actually.

There is definitely time to improve on my Race time, but that Pursuit time is pretty fucking awesome. Beatable? Yes. But not by much I don't think.
  • Earned Captain in Halo: Reach today.
  • DjDATZDjDATZ n00b
    edited November 2010
    Speaking of XP in Gears 2, I went from Level 54 to Level 80, which requires a crazy 2.5 million XP. ;) Albeit, I'm still not halfway to Level 100, which comes when you hit Level 81. That I'll grind to at the next XP event.

Thanks to the multiplier of 31 times, it wasn't even really that hard... I would have done more, but I think they have a cap on how much you can use the XP multiplier set at 2.5 million. The last few games I played last night and the one game tonight, it was either giving me regular XP or no XP, so I'll give it a rest until the next XP event. lol

Personally, I'm thinking they'll do either 40x or 50x, and it should be for the holidays.

Mark my words, if they have 2-3 more XP events, even at 30x (hopefully more) I'll get my Wings. (Wings are slang for level 100)
  • Next Gears event announced starting the weekend before US Thanksgiving, ending the weekend after. (My guess the 19th to the 29th) No word on what the XP multiplier will be, I'm hoping for 35x or 40x!
  • Picked up Goldeneye 007 Wii Collectors Edition earlier today. Ccan't wait to get home so I can try it out.
  • Picked up Goldeneye 007 Wii Collectors Edition earlier today. Ccan't wait to get home so I can try it out.
    It looks so good
    and I didn't even like goldeneye n64 back in the day lol
    Shit if only I had a wii again
  • Today i Bought minecraft and Prepurchased Black Ops on Steam.

So far, Minecraft is the best 10 Euros ive ever spent, and the first !
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    Lmao I've spent around 1000 Euro's. Euro's are funnly looking bills they get larger as the currency gets higher. And what exactly do you do in mine craft?
  • You Mine, its incredibly addictive.

Its a randomly generated, infinitive world.

And Coop is coming, its in testing now, so you can try it, but it may be buggy.
  • Mine Craft looks amazing
    but I would be too lazy to create the masterpieces people are making
    When ever I get a CC I'll get mine craft!
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    You Mine, its incredibly addictive.

you have to buy it?
  • You Mine, its incredibly addictive.

you have to buy it?
    Yeah, ten euros. It is so worth it though.
    Also, the ten euros also pays for all future updates and DLC.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Lemme know how the new Bond is, Wick.

The trailers looked really good... but we all know how trailers can be deceptive.
  • I must say; I'm thankfull to have WATS on my friends list since now I have reason to go back to pinball Fx 2. For now though, I shall let your score beat mine since I am overloaded with homework