This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Comments

• Lemme know how the new Bond is, Wick.

The trailers looked really good... but we all know how trailers can be deceptive.
    They seemed to like the game over at Gamespot. It does seem cool, might be a rental for me as well, Blood Stone looks pretty cool.
  • Got Goldeneye 007 Wii Collectors Edition and I can officially say that it is a blast. The singleplayer is great, even though most of the really good parts were taken out and most of it was redone and all the gadgets were replaced with a smartphone. The multiplayer is far more enjoyable than MW2. I am currently kicking butt on the "Black Box" game mode.

Just a side note, if you get this game, get the collectors edition. The Classic Controller Pro that comes with it makes the multiplayer so much more easier. Everyone who is around me on the leaderboards have a K/D ratio of 1.50 at the most, while I am sporting a good 4.56. The Pro controller really helps with turning fast and gives a HUGE advantage over those who got the standard edition.
  • Picked up Kinect last night, confirmed that I have to get rid of the workout equipment behind my couch.
  • Lots of halo reach
    it confuses me how some people are such high ranks already :/
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    Going out to pick up some Kinect Games later.
  • Got minecraft multiplayer working for a private server, just need to open a port on my router
  • Got minecraft multiplayer working for a private server, just need to open a port on my router
    I'd join if you did. Only text chat though cause I do not have a mic, nor can I afford one.
  • DjDATZDjDATZ n00b
    edited November 2010
    My EIC sent me F1 2010 today, and since I'm a racing freak, I'm dropping all Kinect stuff and Fable 3 for this. Been waiting for this for a while!!
    I'd join if you did. Only text chat though cause I do not have a mic, nor can I afford one.
    Nevermind, not allowed to open the port
  • Intro menu has the sound of an F1 racing away... <3
  • TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited November 2010
    Got minecraft multiplayer working for a private server, just need to open a port on my router
    Hey, Hawks. What if you use Hamachi? I have used it before and it works really good if you want to create a server without Port Forwarding. Also, I guess I can't. I will be buying it really soon though, so if you manage to then I'm game once I get it.
  • Lots of halo reach
    it confuses me how some people are such high ranks already :/

Lots of games of Gruntpocalypse.
  • Playing lots of Fable 3. Buying up everything to make money the easy way. Doing all the quests. I save the evil ones for later as I did in Fable 2. I'll do them after I complete the main story. I own 2 towns now, make money pretty fast by renting everything. Found 2 chest with 50,000 Gold each. That was nice.
  • I played through the entire 007: Blood Stone campaign on hard today. It's not overly long, though (six missions, totaling around 5-6 hours I guess.) I also played multiplayer for a little while and ended up being at (or near) the top of my team in each game I played. I made it to rank 5.

The game is decent. It's a good rental, but not a good purchase. Bizarre did a decent job stepping out of their comfort zone (despite the fact that the game has several vehicle sections,) but it lacks polish. The cutscenes tend to look darker/worse than the gameplay does, and the character models don't look all that great. The gameplay is pretty good, but it's got some issues.

I figured the vehicle sections would be phenomenal, but a lot of them were pretty basic and underwhelming. Two of them were really good, pulse-pounding and fun. The other ones were just 'follow X.' It was hard to fail them.

It has some really good set-pieces, but the storyline was a bit basic.

Multiplayer is alright. It's nothing special, but it's fun. I doubt it'll last long though because there were only 2600 people on the leaderboards and, with Black Ops coming out soon, most people will probably switch to that.

I'm going to play through it again on the hardest difficulty (007, which is unlocked when you beat it once,) play some more multiplayer and return it to EB before the week is up.
    Didn't go through Goldeneye yet?
  • edited November 2010
    Minecraft has totally taken over my gaming world atm... Its crazy addictive.

@DjDATZ: I picked up F1 within the first few days. Its pretty good. I've not played it all that much.(only done 1 career weekend) I've spent the rest of my time in Time Trials as another site I visit was running a friendly competition but for some reason after week 2 the guy running it just stopped for no reason and so I haven't been back on the game since. I suck pretty bad at it(I've always sucked on F1 games) On the 1 track in Time Trial I actually spent a fair bit of time on, I think I ranked 254 at the time. That was my absolute limit on that track(just remembered, it was Hockenheim)
    Do you have a wheel, or are you just using the controller? I've got the FANATEC Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel.(PC/PS3/360 connectivity. Only wheel to support all 3 platforms. #1 reason I bought it.) I tried playing F1 with the 360 controller and I couldn't even make it round half a track without spinning out a million times. It was outrageously sensitive. The game is at least 10 million times better with the wheel.

EDIT: Whats up with #1? Why is it click-able?
  • edited November 2010
    Got minecraft multiplayer working for a private server, just need to open a port on my router
    Hey, Hawks. What if you use Hamachi? I have used it before and it works really good if you want to create a server without Port Forwarding. Also, I guess I can't. I will be buying it really soon though, so if you manage to then I'm game once I get it.
    I think that should work, i just have to get your Hamachi. I have Hamachi set up and installed on my system

edit* Hamachi seems to work
  • TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited November 2010
    I think that should work, i just have to get your Hamachi. I have Hamachi set up and installed on my system

edit* Hamachi seems to work
    Thought it would. :p
    Well, I will play with you as soon as I can buy the game. I spend a lot of time at my friends house and I was just going to play with you there since he already bought it, but it turns out he pirated it and it cannot play online without a account that has it bought. I wouldn't want to play on a pirated copy anyways, so within the next few days I should be able to play.
  • Minecraft has totally taken over my gaming world atm... Its crazy addictive.

@DjDATZ: I picked up F1 within the first few days. Its pretty good. I've not played it all that much.(only done 1 career weekend) I've spent the rest of my time in Time Trials as another site I visit was running a friendly competition but for some reason after week 2 the guy running it just stopped for no reason and so I haven't been back on the game since. I suck pretty bad at it(I've always sucked on F1 games) On the 1 track in Time Trial I actually spent a fair bit of time on, I think I ranked 254 at the time. That was my absolute limit on that track(just remembered, it was Hockenheim)
    Do you have a wheel, or are you just using the controller? I've got the FANATEC Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel.(PC/PS3/360 connectivity. Only wheel to support all 3 platforms. #1 reason I bought it.) I tried playing F1 with the 360 controller and I couldn't even make it round half a track without spinning out a million times. It was outrageously sensitive. The game is at least 10 million times better with the wheel.

I tried F1 on my 360...was tough with a controller. I just picked up a wheel for my PS3, the Driving Force GT, and traded F1 360 for PS3 F1. I am going to set it up this weekend and give it a go.
  • edited November 2010
    I got FRAPS working so i can record game video/sound + Microphone input. Proper commentaries on my Youtube are in order.
    I played TF2 on my fav server finally because they changed it away from the halloween event map. Bout time.
    I played some minecraft, dying twice, built a cool mine, found some diamonds, a predug cavern, lava and some red shit. I need to build a bucket to harvest ze lava

edit*** Just lookin in my Bro's room, he was reading about Black Ops on the website and the game WILL have splitscreen online (just like Halo)
  • Level 30 in Black Ops. Im really enjoying this game. Despite the PC issues, it is getting a bit better. Hopefully it will be up 100% in the next (first) real patch.

My Favourite loadout so far is:

Famas - Red Camo, Emblem, Silencer, Dual Mag
    Classified Pistol (Dont remember the name) - No attachment yet
    Hardline
    Warlord
    Ninja

Killstreaks: SAM Turret (<3), Mortar Strike, B-52 Bomber (Havent got to use it yet)

• I finished up Blur by unlocking a couple more achievements - one for completing a friend challenge and another for mastering race events.

I also finally got around to starting Goldeneye 007, which I rented last week. I played through the first four levels (encompassing the first two missions) on 007 difficulty.
    Hold up, you 1000'd out Blur?!
  • I'm kinda interested in black ops since it seems more balanced
    but I have reach and bf:bc2 so another competitive fps is the last thing I need...
  • I'm kinda interested in black ops since it seems more balanced
    but I have reach and bf:bc2 so another competitive fps is the last thing I need...
    You and me both.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Finished the Campaign in BlackOps, played my first MP game.. Got my butt kicked. That's pretty standard for me...

As time goes on, my skills will improve, then I'll abandon the game about a month from now.. or less.

New Vegas is sitting patiently waiting for me to return. I'm patiently waiting to return to it.
  • DjDATZDjDATZ n00b
    edited November 2010

I've played it, but since it requires utter precision (if you're playing on a challenging difficulty) so even the practice sessions (P1, P2, P3) take quite a lot of energy out. I'm running the career and I'm trying to have the difficulty set at something that's adequate. I played the first race at a medium, full race weekend with full race distance, and at the end of the 49 laps in Bahrain, I was first and had lapped the 2nd placed person. I did kinda do some illegal blocking to get Hamilton in 2nd place instead of Vettel.

What I'm trying to say is that IRL, a Lotus at the first race of their first season in like 15 years would NOT be able to manage a first place. I'm currently in Australia and running about mid-pack, in 9th place seems more adequate. I finished the practice sessions on Sunday, but have not been back to revisit it yet. I'm hoping I can get to Q1 with my Lotus and start in the top 10, should give me a fighting chance for the race...

And no, I use a controller, never found a wheel that works with me.

As for #1 and why it's clickable, Raj designed the site to be silimar to Twitter where the @username links to a user and #1, like a hashtag on Twitter links you right to the search.
    @DjDATZ

No, I didn't even come close. I just meant that I finished it to my personal goals of the achievements I figured I could get within the timeframe I had. I needed to have it finished by yesterday because today was the last day to trade it in towards Black-Ops.

I haven't played any video games today because I've been out for most of the day but, as I kinda mentioned before, I picked up Black-Ops.
    Ah, okay. Have you played Split Second? If so, how do you think they compare? (They were released within a week of eachother)

Personally, I thought Split Second was a lot more fun, but it was WAY too short, especially if you nailed out the full 1k. Blur has the longevity, but after a while it gets redundant.
  • Made Captain Grade 3 in Reach.
  • Personally I didn't like Split Second. I found it very boring as every race was just the same.

I love Blur. Its just Mario Kart with HD graphics and real cars, and I LOVE Mario Kart.

I didn't even bother buying Split Second I found it so boring.
  • Well there seems that the quot option is not so kind right now.
    @Juxt we seem to always be in the same rank.
  • Just installed Homeworld 2 on my laptop. I completed Homeworld, Homeworld Cataclysm but not Homeworld 2. Great classic RTS series.
  • Finally got the "If they came to hear me beg" achievement. With the company of two friends.