This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

PC Games Alt-Tabbing on their own?

Hey all,

Has anyone experienced PC games Alt-Tabbing back to desktop on their own?

I first noticed this in Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition several months back, where every few days I'd be playing and it would Alt-Tab on its own.

This has been happening with Mortal Kombat X, but since the latest patch from May 6th it's happening a lot more; I'd say every 45 minutes to an hour as opposed to every few days.

This isn't game breaking, just annoying. Since Alt-Tabbing is pretty broken in Mortal Kombat X, the game "freezes" and I see my desktop mouse cursor on the screen. I need to click and then I'll be back at my desktop, and then I need to click Mortal Kombat X in the Task Bar to get back to the game and all's well.

I did some searching on Google, and apparently games in general randomly Alt-Tabbing on their own is a thing people have experienced when using a Controller, but fixes are not concrete and seem to vary from partial to full fixes from person to person. The cause as well seems to vary.

Sometimes it seems it's a program taking priority over the game when auto-checking for updates, other times it's a certain combination the user is accidentally inputting on the Controller that functions as an Alt-Tab. Note I am generally playing the game around the same few hour period each night.

Again, have any of you experienced this or something similar, and if so, have you found a fix?

My system specs are:

- Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Intel Core i5 4440 3.1 GHz
- 8 GB Ram
- nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti with the 350.12 Drivers
- Direct X 11.2
- Hori Gem EX Pad

Thanks!

Comments