This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

YouTube Thumbnail Issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: Random Stuff About Nothing.

Comments

• So is there any trick to uploading videos to YouTube where the thumbnails don't fuck up and blank out; especially if you want to change it to the first or third option?

That's been happening to me a lot lately. Look at the latest video I posted in the Mortal Kombat video thread, and there's no thumbnail. Yesterday it uploaded and all three showed. I change it to the first one, which showed fine in Video Manager, though it immediately showed the blank three dot image.

That didn't resolve itself, and now all the thumbnails are missing in Video Manager.
  • If you are using a program to upload screen cap a thumbnail you want, if not I recommend getting a program to do it for you. There should be lots of free ones that you can do that with. I have had this bug a bit too.
  • If you are using a program to upload screen cap a thumbnail you want, if not I recommend getting a program to do it for you. There should be lots of free ones that you can do that with. I have had this bug a bit too.

Thanks. And no, I've just been using the default three options YouTube selects. Usually it's fine if I leave it on the second option, the initial default.

Problems often ensue if I try and change it to one of the other two.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    don't have that problem here.
  • A re-upload fixed it, and was able to change the thumbnail.