This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Canadian Federal Election 2015

This discussion was created from comments split from: Random Daily Funny 4.

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    Harper is a horrible person , and plays on people with fear mongering. Especially with his immigration policies.
  • Law212 said:

Harper is a horrible person , and plays on people with fear mongering. Especially with his immigration policies.

Ya he just spews nonsense and what scares me is the amount of people voting for PC.
    I really think it's a disconnected older generation that doesn't know the fuck ups. Lots and LOTS of immigrants just stick to one voting cycle. I dont even know why.

People are scared to do something different?
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    edited October 2015
    The older guys at my work seem to love the Cons as well.. they mention what happened 10 years ago when the libs were in power.. but I wasn't paying attention then and I'm barely clinging to what little attention I can throw towards the current election. The TPP has pretty much shattered what little hope I have going forward.. but I can't actually read the thing so I dunno if I'm just buying into the fear mongering for *that* or.. what?

Currently I'm swaying back and forth between NDP and Lib but all these 'Vote Harper Out' sites that show strategic voting in your riding.. it's all guess work? Isn't it? So you could think you're voting strategically and just give Harper the majority by splitting the NDP/Lib vote.

I dunno.. at least the libs posted their platform today:

https://www.liberal.ca/files/2015/10/A-new-plan-for-a-strong-middle-class.pdf

I'm awaiting the platform from the other two and I'll read that shit.. see where we're at in the ridings nearer election day and pull the fucking trigger.. pray the industry in Southern Ontario doesn't take a giant shit with the TPP and keep on truckin'.

EDIT:

This is Random Daily Funny? Shiiiit.. ^That's not very funny at all..

What do I got here, for the funny?

Here, watch this:

• They all suck, Green Party all the way!
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    people have been brainwashed by the media's sensationalism of muslims. And harper uses that to push his citizenship policy which will make a class system. If your parents weren't born here then youre second class and can have your citizenship easily revoke. Also protestors are labeled as extremists and can have it revokd

( I thought I posted this a long time ago..... oops )
  • You should all vote for the Bloc Quebecois...lol
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Must resist urge to merge this thread with "Our Stupid Planet"
  • edited October 2015
    MSQGanner said:

You should all vote for the Bloc Quebecois...lol

Getting rid of Quebec doesn't solve our problem lol.

Here are some key problems all parties suck. All promise shit in a Canadian ressesion. Liberals have had soo many scandals and PC is well just stupid with your odd good decision but then comes along a guy who says he wants to cure gay people. Rights violations etc.

15$ min wage and more jobs? How? NDP

The hijab thing isn't as much of an issue compared to many other things. (HOT TOPIC FOR A OATH SPEECH)

For example no one wants to talk about how utterly stupid the education system is for students who need OSAP. NDP/PC/LIB

As bad as Fords personal life was/is he has made headway in this city.

The powerplant liberal scandal of "dude bro it only costs 230 million to close, dude bro sorry my bad 950+ million my bad" LiB

A fucken Canadian their system? PC

Bill c-51.. PC

Everyone is a major fuckup and you have to ask yourself who fucks up the least?

• "Tobacco is a product that does a lot of damage. Marijuana is infinitely worse and it's something that we do not want to encourage." Harper

He then doubled down his comments, referring to "overwhelming and growing scientific and medical evidence about the bad long-term effects of marijuana." Harper

Flat out lies, fear mongering and just simply disgusting.

I have a friend with PTSD. Medical helps him tremendously with his night terrors. He needs it. You don't have anyone saying medical tobacco shall be your prescription. Harper has big tobacco in his pocket. It's messed up.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    If you think there have been lots of scandals with the liberals, look at all the conservatives who have been investigated and charged with all kinds of things in the past couple years. Many of which have been taking the fall for harper. They are crooks.

We need to get the young people out to outvote the old die hard conservative lovers.
  • My riding will be blue for sure so many old rich folk
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Lots of pro conservatives think that if harper is elected again than all the immigrants will be gone. That's one big selling point for the conservatives. getting them dark skinned terrorists out of Canada.......

Harper is bad news for Canada. He wants to follow the states and privatize healthcare. And prisons.

one reason cops are so messed up on the states is because they have to fill prisons to keep the cash flowing. they will go looking for any excuse to make an arrest.

We don't want that here.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    it really does seem like the anti-immigrant stuff is picking up steam.
  • I didn't realize the funny article I posted would cause such a debate!
  • Law212 said:

Lots of pro conservatives think that if harper is elected again than all the immigrants will be gone. That's one big selling point for the conservatives. getting them dark skinned terrorists out of Canada.......

Harper is bad news for Canada. He wants to follow the states and privatize healthcare. And prisons.

one reason cops are so messed up on the states is because they have to fill prisons to keep the cash flowing. they will go looking for any excuse to make an arrest.

We don't want that here.

Private prisons are horrible. They aren't about reform it's about money. The US takes cash over life everyday.

Oh I know PC have tons and tons of scandals. So do the liberals. Wynne is horrendous for us. Her pension plan is a joke.

Right now Canada's biggest problem is old immigrants don't give a shit and just keep voting the same way literally fucking over younger generations. My area has been Red forever.

A while back all the streets in my area were being paved in my tiny subdivision with the exception of my street. The longest street. We had to go petition for it to happen and it turns out the only streets that were being paved had politicians on them.
  • Rajio said:

There is a south park episode where Canada builds a wall to keep the US out
    It's brilliant.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    ya that episode was great. though Donald trump was the Canadian president.
  • They all suck, Green Party all the way!

Except I live in the only riding that is guaranteed Green. Like most sensible people, im between Liberals and NDP, and more likely to vote Liberal. I actually met Trudeau earlier this year. I doubt he's a rash as his father was. At this point, I want anyone but Harper in. He's ruining Canada's reputation

• RajioRajio Centurion

Rajio said:

There is a south park episode where Canada builds a wall to keep the US out
    It's brilliant.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/itll-pay-for-itself-four-in-10-americans-want-a-wall-erected-on-the-canadian-border-to-keep-the-illegals-out

I say let them build it. Its better for us than for them, really.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I'm not sure how this election is going to turn out, but the stats i've read show the Conservatives taking a slight lead over the Liberals. I really hope the youth vote. If all of the young Canadians voted Harper would be out of parliament.

My riding is a NDP riding, I'm debating between NDP, and Liberal. Leaning more towards NDP as they have more stuff in their platform geared towards me, and my family.

I was checking out the poll predictions last week, and the NDP has lost about 5 percent
  • With any election, it's about voting for the lesser of the evils, so to speak. Basically, you need to look at each party, what they're offering (officially), look at their past history, look at what the candidates in your riding are saying they're going to do specifically for said riding (very little of that this election) and then decide.

My area is Conservative at the moment, and not sure if it'll stay that way. I won't be voting Conservative.

I read the Liberal's official party platform that @Doos linked to the other day, and I was already leaning towards them and will be voting Liberal this election for the first time in many a year (I usually vote NDP).

The Liberals do seem to be focusing more on the middle class and looking to help them, and I'm middle class. I like their stances on the tax brackets, child benefits, Bill C-51, their more honest talk about the budget, etc. I didn't like everything in their policy, but most of my complaints were minor.

The provincial Liberals in Ontario are a joke, we all know that, and while the federal Liberals are, of course, the same overall party, they're on a different level and so I'll give them a chance.

The Conservatives are clearly a very bad choice for me, and I don't see a lot of substance with the NDP. I do like Trudeau, and the Liberal Candidate for my area is currently on the city council and has been for roughly a decade, so I believe she has a solid understanding of the politics for my city.

Thus, I'll be going Liberals this election unless something sways me prior to advance voting this weekend.
  • So am I a Harper fan? Nope. I've noticed an alarming amount of bad info and terrible terrible false posts against the conservatives tho. The rate of made up stuff is staggering. People don't read or fact check anymore.

On two occasions I went and did research on articles.

People think this is US Republicans. SO they go on a huge rage.

When really this is what http://www.iri.org/ the International Republican Institute. Which tries to bring democracy into countries and create a Multi Party Political System.

http://thinkpol.ca/2015/10/12/voter-gets-ballot-pre-marked-for-the-conservatives/

Voter gets ballot pre-marked for the Conservatives

False article just to slander.

“To all Canadians: I went to vote today in early voting, and noticed that my ballot had been pre-marked, with what looked like black streaks, in the ‘circle’ where you mark your X,” Chris Quarrie posted on Facebook. “I showed the election officials and they were concerned.”

“They threw it out as a spoiled ballot,” he added. “I got another ballot, and it was marked as well, in the same way = a second spoiled ballot (Incidentally, one ballet was marked beside the Conservative candidate, and one beside the Green candidate). I finally got one that was clean.”

That headline tho.

The media is just as shady as the the politicians.
  • http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/pat-martin-fake-election-flyer-1.3256809

NDP candidate Pat Martin to file complaint about fake campaign flyer

Fact checking is something todays generation very rarely do.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    I tend to not pay much attention to "news" that's starts with " some guy said....."
    KayareswonRajio
  • I say we should overthrow the Gov't, declare bancrupt and start over as a Tim Horton
  • Law212 said:

I tend to not pay much attention to "news" that's starts with " some guy said....."

Pretty much the way to go. And @Kayareswon is completely correct; everyone just rumour mongers and believes random stuff they see. No one checks anything. This goes for and against the Conservatives, as some of their attack adds against the Liberals only site half the story.

i.e. The Liberals will cut the Child Benefit plan. This is true, but they'll be replacing it with their own that cuts out the upper class and gives more to everyone else.
  • link says 36 million i click 3.6 semi click bait haha?