This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

The Walking Dead - Season 6 (Spoilers)

I really liked the start of this season, loved the herd, though the look of them was pretty bland and everyone looked the same colour....not enough colour but I see why they looked that way, had a 'dead' colour to them, a lot of them have been dead for almost a couple of years now, collect a lot dust/dirt/grime in that time.

I only noticed one child walker in the herd and overall in the series haven't seen barely any kid walkers, you'd think there would be more...

Loved it going back and forth and the b/w segments as well. Never saw Ricks Son in the episode which I thought was weird.

Comments

• Yeah, Carl was there in one of the earlier flashbacks. He was sitting up with that girl.

I agree though, this episode was great. Love seeing Morgan back, and how much he's changed from when last we saw him, and from how different he is from Rick's more harder stance now. Carole also didn't like that Morgan can see through her rather easily.

And yeah, there's very rarely child Walkers (I didn't notice the one you saw), and I figure that's the usual "political correctness" thing, though at least the show has done them.

Now, is it the Wolves blasting that horn at the end, or someone else from New Alexandria. Think the town will fall in the next few episodes (we know it's going to), or do you think they'll hold out a while yet?
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    I thought it was pretty boring. THe hour episode could have been done in half an hour.
    I liked it, but I found it dragged on and was very slow. Morgan was great, but it didn't really add any development to any characters to justify the hour long run time
  • It was an hour and half just to add more fucking commercials.

I wasn't bored at all and that one surprise attack made me jump good! O_O
  • It was an hour and half just to add more fucking commercials.

I wasn't bored at all and that one surprise attack made me jump good! O_O

I watched it off Xbox TV; no commercials for me!
  • I had it pvr'd so I fast forwarded them! :)
    Juxtapose
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I found it as enjoyable as I normally do.. which means I played with my phone while there weren't any zombies on screen.

I like the herd. I too made a comment while watching about how nobody died wearing a hawaiian shirt... but then came to the same conclusion that they'd be dirty as fuck so maybe a bright red shirt would be all grey anyway.
  • JSS

Amazing episode. I'm sad about the Tortoise.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Why is there always some dingbat going on about not killing folks and such? Can we all just get on the same damn page for once and decide that life is cheap and everyone needs to die? Stupid human conflict.
  • Doos said:

Why is there always some dingbat going on about not killing folks and such? Can we all just get on the same damn page for once and decide that life is cheap and everyone needs to die? Stupid human conflict.

I think it's deeper this time for Morgan. I think his rediscovered morality is what saved him from his despair and insanity.

If so, then of course he's going to cling to that.
  • I love how Morgan and Carol oppose each other on how to deal with problems, can't wait to see how it'll fold out in the end.

As for how the other residents of that community reacts is totally dumb. I mean, after all that time passed, they should at least have a group that knows how to protect them, but no, none of them seem to have ever encountered or interacted with a zombie (or human) attack before.

As for the JSS group, it kinda felt like a retaliation of what happened last season at Terminal.

As for Rick, it's simple, he's the John Connor of the group who save humanity from the zombie terminators lol... Also, i was thinking about all the zombies they tried to push away last week, and even though it seems to have failed, i think that the horde will served them well against JSS.

One thing that made me wonder though was how Karl killed the JSS guy by shooting him twice then left without shooting (or stabbing) him in the head, why? I mean he knows better than that.
  • It probably wasn't meant to be funny, but I had a good laugh when Carol was passing out guns from the bag, kind of like Santa Claus!
  • When you say 'JSS group' you mean the Wolves group right? Your comment was confusing me. :P

JSS is just that one girl that is in Alexandria, correct?
  • When you say 'JSS group' you mean the Wolves group right? Your comment was confusing me. :P

Yeah but i think she one of the wolves (didn't remember their name 'til you said it lol), and i say that 'cause she's the first one i suspect of giving the Wolves pics, info and a way in to the community.

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    It was a good episode, but I don't get why they are crazy like that? and still have people in the show trying to not kill.....so stupid.
    it doesn't make the character moral or strong , it makes them stupid and weak.

• DoosDoos Centurion
    MSQGanner said:

When you say 'JSS group' you mean the Wolves group right? Your comment was confusing me. :P

Yeah but i think she one of the wolves (didn't remember their name 'til you said it lol), and i say that 'cause she's the first one i suspect of giving the Wolves pics, info and a way in to the community.
    They apparently know of the community because of the pictures they found in 'the recruiter' guys back pack.

He finds it at the end of the show on one of the Wolves body and sits there and starts crying a bit. That's my take on why that scene was there. Because he enjoys taking pictures now he's 'responsible' for the wolves finding them.

I guess he lost his back pack in that trap he and Daryl were caught in last season, where Peacey Mc Stick Swinger saved them.

That's not to say that Enid (The JSS girl, what a stupid name, Enid) isn't up to no good in someway but I don't think she's connected to the Wolves.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    RumGeoff said:

It probably wasn't meant to be funny, but I had a good laugh when Carol was passing out guns from the bag, kind of like Santa Claus!

Carol is the shit. She's dedicated to the cause.. no question about it.
  • Doos said:

MSQGanner said:

When you say 'JSS group' you mean the Wolves group right? Your comment was confusing me. :P

They apparently know of the community because of the pictures they found in 'the recruiter' guys back pack.

He finds it at the end of the show on one of the Wolves body and sits there and starts crying a bit. That's my take on why that scene was there. Because he enjoys taking pictures now he's 'responsible' for the wolves finding them.

I guess he lost his back pack in that trap he and Daryl were caught in last season, where Peacey Mc Stick Swinger saved them.

That's not to say that Enid (The JSS girl, what a stupid name, Enid) isn't up to no good in someway but I don't think she's connected to the Wolves.
    I agree with all this. Enid is not affiliated with the wolves.

And that one wolf that stole the gun that Morgan let go...that'll blow up in his face later for sure...
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Yeah, totally.. fucking Morgan.. y'know, Priesty Mc Douchnozzle suddenly starts to get a fucking clue and now we've got another dingbat fucking up the cause. There's a giant herd of zombies coming.. all those motherfuckers better give their heads a shake.
  • MSQGanner said:

As for how the other residents of that community reacts is totally dumb. I mean, after all that time passed, they should at least have a group that knows how to protect them, but no, none of them seem to have ever encountered or interacted with a zombie (or human) attack before.

Well that's the thing, they haven't; this community is completely green even after all this time.

They said they never had issues from other people last season, and we know they've never handled a horde of Walkers because of that quarry that was collecting them all.
  • Law212 said:

it doesn't make the character moral or strong , it makes them stupid and weak.

I think it adds depth. Didn't we find out in Season 3 when we saw Morgan all crazy that he did kill at least some people in his madness?

I'm confident, again, that this new morality is what's saved him from being crazy, allowed him to pull himself up and when solo, he was strong enough to deal with things and survive.

Now he's with a group though and that morality does not work, and such kind actions will get people killed.

It adds depth to the character, a purpose for him, but it also lays the ground for internal conflict to come; something this show thrives on.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Yeah, the internal conflict is what turns me off the show.
  • Doos said:

Yeah, the internal conflict is what turns me off the show.

Yup, I get that. I find it usually so ridiculous it's funny.
  • edited October 2015
    That didn't just happen, right??!!!
    Discopatrol
  • ReclaimerM3GTRReclaimerM3GTR Centurion
    edited October 2015
    Haven't had a death that big in a long time. Rumour going around(which I don't believe) is that he isn't dead. I personally think that it would be a cheese cop out way to survive
  • Apparently he was not listed on Talking Dead when they did the video package of those who died on the episode. Could of been done to simply fuel people's speculation about whether he's dead or not.
  • Also the newest tv promo of TWD had only Glenn in it as opposed to all the main characters standing alone between a light and dark sequence.

If he's alive it better have a damn good explanation as to how.
  • Also the newest tv promo of TWD had only Glenn in it as opposed to all the main characters standing alone between a light and dark sequence.

If he's alive it better have a damn good explanation as to how.

Just watched the episode, and wow.

The rumour I'm seeing is we actually were seeing the Walkers tear about Nicolas' body, which was kind of on top of Glen.

Obviously not sure but we'll find out soon.

Keep in mind though, Glen's escaped many times, though they usually don't show how he did it. Like when Nicolas tossed that Walker at him on the woods, or when he was stuck in that turn style while Noah was devoured. There was no way for him to get out, but he did it somehow.

So who knows, maybe he isn't actually done yet.
  • Lol guys, Glenn isn't dead otherwise it would've been way more graphic and dramatic than it was. What you guys saw, was that other "dumbass" who fell over Glenn get ripped apart. And i don't care how he died in the comics, this is the show which totally went unto a different direction than the former. As for how he'll get out of that situation is still unclear, but i think it has something to do with the group that attacked Rick in the RV.

One thing i didn't understand in that episode is why did Darrel leave Sasha and Abe to go for a detour ride? I mean, he still ended up getting back to them without doing anything to change the situation.