This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC) Version Refunds

Hey all,

Apparently Batman: Arkham Knight (PC) still has so many issues, even after being patched and re-released for sale, that WBIE is offering full refunds of the game via Steam _regardless_ of how long you've played the game for. This goes until year end, and you can also return the Session Pass (but only with the full game).

Details here.

Apparently, Greenman Gaming will honour this as well.

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    It runs well on my machine now and since I paid 15 bucks for it I don't plan to return it.
    Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    I notice a lot of people having issues are running SLI/Crossfire set ups. I don't know why people still do this as no game is optimized to run those modes well. People do it just to say they do it. You don't need two titan video cards running at the same time and its a waste since you don't get the full power of each card.

• Law212 said:

I notice a lot of people having issues are running SLI/Crossfire set ups. I don't know why people still do this as no game is optimized to run those modes well. People do it just to say they do it. You don't need two titan video cards running at the same time and its a waste since you don't get the full power of each card.

Yeah. If WBIE is going this though, then there's got to be real issues behind it. They wouldn't just give all this money back because a few people are trying to play the game on potato systems or what not.

The thing is, now you can buy the game, play through it, and return it whether it's really running fine or not.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    That's true. I do wonder what the other issues are. If its that widespread. Though from reading the steam forums, I have mostly seen people talk about micro stutter and that the game isn't well optimized. That mostly has to do with the users system hardware. I don't threads about game breaking bugs or missing textures or falling through the world, or anything like that .
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Shows some of my setting and how it runs. I have another video where I use higher settings and it still runs nice
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

raised the resolution, turned on Vsync and turned on dynamic light shafts. THe weird sound is because I had the mic on so your getting feedback.
  • Law212 said:

That's true. I do wonder what the other issues are. If its that widespread. Though from reading the steam forums, I have mostly seen people talk about micro stutter and that the game isn't well optimized. That mostly has to do with the users system hardware. I don't threads about game breaking bugs or missing textures or falling through the world, or anything like that .

Yeah. I obviously don't have the game, and it'll likely be years before I do, so I can't say directly. I've also seen people mainly go on about SLR or Crossfire set ups, and "poor optimization," the exact same things people keep complaining about for Mortal Kombat X.

I also think people obsess too much over constant 60 FPS and 1080p. I'm sure for many, they're trying to run it maxed out on lower end hardware laptops; that's often been the case with Mortal Kombat X.

But again, if the publisher is offering refunds like this, it has to be more than just some users being unreasonable.

For me, I'd simply go with the GeForce Experience recommendations; hasn't failed me so far.

Also watched your vids, and it played mostly fine. The audio was out of sync in the first one, and you could see the performance hit in your second one, but it wasn't unplayable.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    the audio was messed up because my mic was on and it was picking up the speakers sound again.

As for the second video, the only time it slowed down was right after I changed the settings, then it was smooth especially the flying through the city. For an old video card thegame ran very well. Its definitely in a state where you can play the game and enjoy it without but dips in fps

I honestly feel its more of a case of people crying because their underpowered machines cant run it with all bells and whistles
  • Law212 said:

I honestly feel its more of a case of people crying because their underpowered machines cant run it with all bells and whistles

That's definitely the case with Mortal Kombat X. Just remember, it's "poorly optimized."
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    well at the beginning mkx ran bad for me on both my machines but after a couple patches it runs great. The fact is if you are running 10 year old machines you cant expect to run the latest games at high resolution with all setting on high.
  • Law212 said:

well at the beginning mkx ran bad for me on both my machines but after a couple patches it runs great. The fact is if you are running 10 year old machines you cant expect to run the latest games at high resolution with all setting on high.

Yup. Try telling that to some people though.