This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

E3 2016

OzziOzzi Centurion
edited June 2016 in General

So with E3 around the corner any of you guys excited for anything in particular? Or hoping for a particular game to get shown?

Comments

• I kinda wanna just not watching anything that has to do with Mass Effect & just buy it.
    Sintacs
  • I am a little disappointed...Sony announced they are definitely bringing out a new more powerful PS4 but wont be showing it or any of the VR stuff at E3 ( basically not ready to yet) Many games were leaked it seemed because they didnt want to get lost in the shuffle of big hardware announcements and now that seems like a waste. Really wanted to see this new 4k PS4 and see it run a VR headset at 60fps

Nintendo says they will have nothing except a playable Zelda demo.... *yawn*

MS has been trailing for a few years...So maybe this will be their chance to steal the show.

Would love a new red dead.... would love to hear that PS4 and Xbone will interconnect their player lists for games like Rocket league and OverWatch. Cross platform fighting would be incredible.

I wanted to buy a PS4 this year...but now I may have to wait till the new 4k model comes out. The Wife has agreed to a 50 inch 4k TV for the mancave down stairs and I really wanted to put a new PS4 beside it.

All I seem to be playing is Rocket League...OverWatch and Doom so hoping for something exceptional. I skipped the skyrim experiences first time around so maybe the new remaster is something to try.

• Sony said they weren't bringing the neo to E3 but I'm pretty sure they are still bringing and showing off PSVR. The regular PS4 is compatible with the PSVR and all VR games will be 60fps on it as well as per the rules they've laid out for developers

Also Nintendo showing off a ton of game just nor many of their own
    EchoGolfSierra
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    new Warcraft game (I mean since the movie is out it would be amazing timing)
  • Rajio said:

new Warcraft game (I mean since the movie is out it would be amazing timing)

This...Warcraft is the next logical step, as Diablo and Starcraft have both had the next games released. Would love to see Warcraft 4.

Otherwise, I would love to see the next Mass Effect, more on Battlefield 1. I want to see what Naughty Dog is up to next, I can't wait to see what Insomniac and Sucker Punch are up to. I don't want anymore remasters, I just want new games, or new experiences in established worlds.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion
    Heard rumors about Bethesda announcing a redone Prey 2, I'll be pretty stoked if they do, it was one of my favorite games last gen. Also looking forward to seeing some gameplay for Agents of Mayhem.
  • I think the only thing that would surprise me would be a new Left 4 Dead. With the recent annoucement of Battlefield 1 that lowers my slim hopes of Bad Company 3.
  • Sony said they weren't bringing the neo to E3 but I'm pretty sure they are still bringing and showing off PSVR. The regular PS4 is compatible with the PSVR and all VR games will be 60fps on it as well as per the rules they've laid out for developers

Also Nintendo showing off a ton of game just nor many of their own

makes me feel better thanks

• ohhhh a Warcraft RTS game with a fun campaign and good multiplayer would be fabulous
  • MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion
    Last April i heard they'd bring a brand new Sega Saturn exclusve game. Can't wait to see it played on a 3D0 lol

But seriously, FF XV and RDR2 are my main focus this year
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I'd like to see some BF1 gameplay. I'm totally looking forward to seeing gameplay of the Zelda game I bought a Wii U for all those years ago.
    Doos said:

I'd like to see some BF1 gameplay. I'm totally looking forward to seeing gameplay of the Zelda game I bought a Wii U for all those years ago.

lets just hope that the new Zelda game wont be exclusive to Nintendo NX

• DoosDoos Centurion
    That'd be pretty lame.. but I'm beyond being upset by it. Nintendo better do something amazing though or they're going to go the way of Sega.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    I got my money's worth from the WII U and there are still more games I want to get for it. I haven't been tempted buy an xbone or ps4, but the wii U is a great console to go along my gaming PC. I'm not disappointed one bit in the purchase. I might get a new Nintendo whatever its called if they bring more awesome Mario games , and even a bayonetta 3
    EchoGolfSierra
    I love my Wii U too but it'd be nice to have new never seen stuff from Nintendo. They been milking Mario to a point that he now has permanently sensitive titties. Also, where the hell is Metroid??
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    I'm interested to see a new Xbox One console, a slim version, since I still haven't jumped on this console generation yet.

Like @Rajio, Halo Wars 2 has my interest, and apparently a limited run open beta has been leaked; starts Monday or Tuesday and goes for a week (Xbox One).

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos was my favourite RTS of all time, and a proper sequel to it would be excellent!
  • wow you are the only person I have ever heard that likes Warcraft 3. My fav is WC 2 the tides of darkness. I own warcraft 3...I just cant get into it. Maybe I have to try a little harder.
  • SintacsSintacs Centurion
    @EchoGolfSierra I didn't like WC3 either, too much hero babysitting I think. I absolutely loved WC2 though.
    I used to play it competitively in Blizzard's automated tournaments; 1v1. Often placed in the top 100.

I found you didn't need to babysit your Hero(s), but you did need to manage them. Most people would target them for obvious reasons, but you could use that to your advantage.
  • Ya I was never good at pvp WC. Would be fun to watch some of those matches though. I never thought I would say this but I am starting to enjoy this esports shit as a spectator.

Ya I was never good at pvp WC. Would be fun to watch some of those matches though. I never thought I would say this but I am starting to enjoy this esports shit as a spectator.

Yeah, I worked real hard back in the day to be good at it. I wasn't the best, mind you, but I could compete.

In terms of eSports now, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching many Mortal Kombat X tournaments. The production values of these things have gone up so much.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    edited June 2016
    I've updated the original post with the e3 schedule! Enjoy!
    the1npc
  • Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 look great

gameplay match for BF1 is streaming now https://www.twitch.tv/ea
  • It's so fkn hard for me to not watch the Mass Effect video right now.
  • IgnitionCOREIgnitionCORE Centurion
    edited June 2016
    they didn't really show much on Mass Effect...some development stuff and details like exploration were mentioned

it didn't really go into depth on anything though
  • What a terrible presser lol. It was so bad that I actually fell asleep during the Star Wars stuff.
    Looks like a video leaked showing new Xbone Slim... 40% smaller, 4k graphics, 2tb HDD, etc...

And yeah, linking seems like too much effort so, go do my biddings lol