This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

E3 2016

Comments

• DoosDoos Centurion
    edited June 2016
    Personally, I think that MS is making a good move with the integration of Windows and Xbox and all. Making everything from this point work with everything that's coming out in the future is just a great move.

I feel Sony had a stronger E3 presentation but they had a whole bunch of smoke and little substance that will be arriving any time soon.

God of War and Spiderman I look forward to playing in, I assume, a minimum of 2 years.

Horizon looks cool and I've got that pre-ordered from when they showed it last year.

FFXV is multi plat.
    Kojima holds very little interest to me because he's the worst goddamn story teller I've ever seen and I don't care how much everyone likes Metal Gear. It's nonsense. I like Metal Gear *the game* but Metal Gear the story is fucking ridiculous.

I don't care about Bandicoots or Lego or the VR unit which seems very high priced at $399. Although.. I want to soar like an Eagle... don't get me wrong. That looks coooool but not $500 cool at this point.

But MS doesn't have much that I'm interested in either.. Sea of Thieves looks a little neat. I want to play Crackdown which was missing so I'm not holding my breath for their 'cloud' promises to ever pan out.

I do think this is a very fun year to be an observer of the big 3. Sony is way ahead with Nintendo waaaaaaay behind and everyone is trying to work out a way to keep and gather new customers so it's super fun to watch with all these different tactics.
  • ya...mostly because I already have the xbone...my next purchase will be PS4 ( standard version out now)... Xboxone just dropped in price this morning South of the border to $279.00 with luck that will drive canadian prices down on xbone and PS4.

I can see the entire GOD of War franchise getting a remaster if Backwards compatibility rumors fizzle for the PS4

• SintacsSintacs Centurion
    @Juxtapose I don't regret mine, I've actually been loving it. The changes they made to the controller was just enough to make me really like it, I hated all previous dual shocks, but the DS4 is really comfortable. It's also a smaller system than the Xbox One, both in the actual console size, and the fact that it doesn't have a power brick. I think I'll definitely be starting to lean more towards the Sony camp now, even though I've been a huge Xbox fan for a long time. I won't be passing on the Xbox "exclusives" though, I'll just be playing them on my PC.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Lots of VR stuff for Sony
  • I loved Zelda...hell I even liked Pokemon...but I fucking hated the Nintendo presser
  • wikkiwild1wikkiwild1 n00b
    edited June 2016
    I really like the xbox play anywhere. I can save so much money. I don't have to buy 2 copies of the same game.
    I am curious if this will also apply to current Xbox One games.
    I skipped the Halo Wars 2 and Witcher Gwent beta's. I'm not into RTS games and I sucked at gwent in Witcher 3 that I just gave up. I didn't win a single game.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Well with Killer Instinct, all the content you own on the xbox one , works on PC. I got season 1 of KI free from games with gold , and so when it came out on PC , I had that content free.

• DoosDoos Centurion
    ^That's pretty cool!
  • I watched the MS conference, and aside from the Indie games that looked kinda cool, and the Xbox Play anywhere...I found it kind of boring, and was fast forwarding through most of it.
  • We Happy Few was a game that caught my eye from the MS show
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    Sintacs said:

@Juxtapose I don't regret mine, I've actually been loving it. The changes they made to the controller was just enough to make me really like it, I hated all previous dual shocks, but the DS4 is really comfortable. It's also a smaller system than the Xbox One, both in the actual console size, and the fact that it doesn't have a power brick. I think I'll definitely be starting to lean more towards the Sony camp now, even though I've been a huge Xbox fan for a long time. I won't be passing on the Xbox "exclusives" though, I'll just be playing them on my PC.

Oh nor should you, and don't get me wrong I'm not hating on Microsoft at all. I get what they're doing and there is logic to it (they want to push more into the PC market as it is once again lucrative there for gaming). That's absolutely great.

For those of you with an Xbox One already, the Play Anywhere feature is very cool (and they're doing it with digital only so you can't buy the physical game, get the PC version, and then return/trade-in your physical game; at least that's a logical reason that makes sense to me). Does anyone know if it's confirmed the other way? So if I buy, say, Halo Wars 2 (PC), would I get the Xbox One version as well?

Generally though, since the PC is now my primary gaming platform, Microsoft's current strategy is not giving me any intensive to buy their console. If I can get all their exclusive games on Windows 10 as well, why would I spend, say $400.00 on an Xbox One S 1TB when I can spend about $200.00 to upgrade my video card and have access to the same games that will actually look better?

Granted, I do indeed miss gaming on my couch in my family room and I may want to return to that, but right now the only reason for me to buy an Xbox One would be for Halo 5: Guardians as all of the other Xbox One games of interest to me, existing or upcoming, I either already own on my Xbox 360 (like the Halo Master Chief Collection), I can get on my PC (like Killer Instinct), or I will be able to get on my PC (Like Halo Wars 2).

It just doesn't make sense to me, at least not at this point. Perhaps that will change down the road.

A PlayStation 4 does look more appealing in general (to me). I'd get to game on my couch, it has actual platform exclusives that I want to play, including remasters since I did not own a PlayStation 3, and it has upcoming exclusives that are truly exclusive.

Well see in the coming months what I do.
  • My understanding of cross play is if you buy a digital version of a game for windows 10 pc....you automatically get it on your 360 since your two devices are linked,,,,so ya if PC games are cheaper...I think you will be able to buy them for your PC and play them on either your PC or Xbone.

I like this cross platform cross play feature since I own a PC and an xbone already....but I see Jux's point...I feel the same My next purchase will be a PS4 and a 3DS for mobile gaming

I like this cross platform cross play feature since I own a PC and an xbone already....but I see Jux's point...I feel the same My next purchase will be a PS4 and a 3DS for mobile gaming

If so, PC gives you the Xbox One version as well, that would be cool, though still not a strong enough selling point for me.

I also own a PlayStation Vita, so a PlayStation 4 would allow for Remote Play, which wouldn't be a bad thing.
  • is the vita still a viable gaming plaform....are they still making games for it? I know that sounded like a bit of a slam....but I am honestly curious. I just need something other then my phone to game on

is the vita still a viable gaming plaform....are they still making games for it? I know that sounded like a bit of a slam....but I am honestly curious. I just need something other then my phone to game on

Personally, I would not recommend the Vita at this time. Sony is no longer making AAA first party titles for it, so third party only and those are slim as well.

Presently I'm playing XCOM: UFO Defence Plus which was just released a few months ago. It's essentially the iOS version of XCOM: Enemy Within.
    edited June 2016
    Juxtapose said:

the only reason for me to buy an Xbox One would be for Halo 5: Guardians

I'm sure that will eventually make it's way to PC anyway. Just about every other Xbox One exclusive has already, Halo 5 (maybe before or at the launch of Halo 6, which I'm sure will launch on both) and Sunset Overdrive are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that haven't yet. 2 exclusives definitely wouldn't exactly tempt me into getting the console as a PC gamer.
    Juxtapose
  • Juxtapose said:

is the vita still a viable gaming plaform....are they still making games for it? I know that sounded like a bit of a slam....but I am honestly curious. I just need something other then my phone to game on

Personally, I would not recommend the Vita at this time. Sony is no longer making AAA first party titles for it, so third party only and those are slim as well.

Presently I'm playing XCOM: UFO Defence Plus which was just released a few months ago. It's essentially the iOS version of XCOM: Enemy Within.
    I totally disagree on the vita. It's true that there is no longer and first party support but there is a crap tin of third party RPG's and great indie games coming out for it still. It's my most used gaming device and I would easily recommend it above a PS4 or Xbox One.
    SintacsRumGeoff
  • RumGeoffRumGeoff n00b
    edited June 2016

Juxtapose said:

I totally disagree on the vita. It's true that there is no longer and first party support but there is a crap tin of third party RPG's and great indie games coming out for it still. It's my most used gaming device and I would easily recommend it above a PS4 or Xbox One.
    I agree, the Vita doesn't deserve a lot of the hate it gets but that's the way she goes...

Juxtapose said:

Yep, I'd definitely recommend one as well, sure they aren't making first party things anymore, but that doesn't suddenly make the ones that were made and were great irrelevant. They're still there, and still good if you haven't played em yet. There is still the indie stuff and third party stuff coming in, Freedom Wars (think Monster Hunter meets Lost Planet) has been one of my favorite games over the past few years. Honestly, the only thing the Vita deserves any hate for is the first party memory cards, and the fact that they still (as much as I hate the pricing on them) haven't brought the 64GB one to North America. The Vita has been my all time favorite handheld gaming system so far (only ones I skipped out on were the Game Gear and DS/DSi, though I can catch up on the DS stuff with my 3DS).
  • So it is my understanding that basically E3 is done for 2016..... if you can pick one thing from each platform that excites you most......please do...
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    I will say that I really like what I saw about the upcoming tuff for Lego Dimensions. Me and the kids have a ton of fun in that game.....

For Xbox/PC I'm so hyped about Gears 4 and Dead rising 4 and also very happy that forza horizon 3, halo wars 2 and tekken 7 are coming to pc.

for Sony, the new god of war looks really cool. Very different from the rest of the series.

for wii u I think that paper Mario color splash looks great.
  • For Nintendo it has to be Zelda for me...I might finally play a Zelda game.
    Xbox the new bioshock clone looks interesting... and both Horizon games
    PSVR will probably give me a reason to buy a PS4 in the coming months
  • MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion
    @EchoGolfSierra you never playd a Zelda game? Dude, you really need to get started on it right away. I mean, whatever you are doing right now set it aside and go try a friggin Zelda game damn you lol
  • MSQGanner said:

@EchoGolfSierra you never playd a Zelda game? Dude, you really need to get started on it right away. I mean, whatever you are doing right now set it aside and go try a friggin Zelda game damn you lol

Or 99.99 percent of all Zelda games.
  • Ya I never got into dungeon crawlers on the consoles until Diablo III... I did like the lands of lore and DnD and Ultima games on the PC but those were all first person perspective. The top down Zelda games from SNES or Game cube never really excited me. I still have a DS, SNES and Gamecube around here.....any recommendations for the best Zelda game to try while I wait for the new Zelda ( and decide on whether to get new Nintendo platform)
  • MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion
    Life can't be complete until you break a clay pot and kick a chicken... Oh look, rupees!!
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    if you want to start in on Zelda games, I'd recommend the ones on the gameboy advance, personally.
  • Rajio said:

if you want to start in on Zelda games, I'd recommend the ones on the gameboy advance, personally.

Minish Cap? Or the "remake" of A Link to the Past

In no particular order, A Link to the Past(SNES) Ocarina of Time(3DS) Wind Waker(WiiU) Twilight Princess(WiiU) Minish Cap, A Link Between Worlds. I'll throw Majora's Mask(3DS) on as well, but I find that it's overrated and not as grand as these other games.
  • I bought a game cuber and a few games from some kids that wanted to get a 360 a few years back. Just looked through the box and came across Twilight Princess...so if I can find all the cables I will give it a go later :)