This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Reminder: Preorder games now for good discounts

DoosDoos Centurion
Hello all.

It's that time of the year again, E3, and when E3 rolls around, most retailers have a 20% off or $30 off kind of thing going on.

Right now is the time, if you're sure you're going to want a game, to pre-order it and take advantage of those discounts.

Example: Battlefield 1 is currently $49.96 @ Amazon.ca. Release date delivery if you're a prime member.

Amazon sale ends on the 16th so pick and choose your games wisely.

I've been doing this for the last couple of years, preordering everything and racking up $1000+ in games, paying for each as it comes out (so no big credit card bill all at once) and selling the ones I don't feel like playing and playing the ones I want.

It can also protect against inflation or a weak CAN dollar because as we all know, games take a big jump in price depending on the strength of our dollar.

How you feel about pre-ordering aside, it's a decent way to make sure you're going to be paying around $50 for a lot of the games you want.

Cheers.
EchoGolfSierra

Comments