This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

PS4

have a garage sale scheduled on Sat. Told myself if I did well and made a few Hundred $ off old unused junk I will buy a PS4 this month. Havent owned a PS since the PS1 always PC and 360 guy. Give me a couple must buy PS4 games that will make me love my purchase. Wishing the PS4 would drop in price a little to combat Xbone drop but unlikely I think.

Oh and definitely will get the reboot Bioshock trilogy on PS4 having played it all on 360

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

have a garage sale scheduled on Sat. Told myself if I did well and made a few Hundred $ off old unused junk I will buy a PS4 this month. Havent owned a PS since the PS1 always PC and 360 guy. Give me a couple must buy PS4 games that will make me love my purchase. Wishing the PS4 would drop in price a little to combat Xbone drop but unlikely I think.

Oh and definitely will get the reboot Bioshock trilogy on PS4 having played it all on 360

Perhaps wait though for Sony to properly unveil and sell their PlayStation 4.5?

In terms of games, if I got a PlayStation 4 I'd want (in no particular order):

- God of War III Remastered
    - The Last of Us Remastered
    - The Uncharted Collection
    - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    - Mortal Kombat XL (when in the bargain bin)

I think that's a good start.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    too many remasters for games that aren't even old....
    Law212 said:

Yeah, that sort of thing irks me.

For Sony though, since I never experienced the originals they'd be the ones to get. For Microsoft, something like the Halo Master Chief Collection and Gears of War Ultimate Edition are not a draw because my originals are fine.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    I have to say the Gears ultimate was quite good. I enjoyed it a lot even though compared to the original on PC (because PC had an extra story chapter) the improved graphics were great. I also loved the additions to the multiplayer mode.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Bloodborne or Dark Souls.
  • Juxtapose said:

I thought about waiting but decided not to. Sony claims their present PS4 will play everything exceptionally well.

Now I might upgrade the Xbone when new one comes out just to see what a gigaflop is ...lol

Good list I will look for them! The new God of war will be on my list....as well as probably getting PSVR in the new year. Depends if the wife is thinking Cuba this year. if so....late spring for PSVR.

Juxtapose

Juxtapose said:

I thought about waiting but decided not to. Sony claims their present PS4 will play everything exceptionally well.

Now I might upgrade the Xbone when new one comes out just to see what a gigaflop is ...lol

Good list I will look for them! The new God of war will be on my list....as well as probably getting PSVR in the new year. Depends if the wife is thinking Cuba this year. if so....late spring for PSVR.

Yeah, the new God of War looks interesting thus far. God of War III and God of War: Ascension are the only two games in the franchise I have not played thus far, so the remastered of God of War III would be one I'd want to get.
  • Law212 said:

True...but Echo hasn't played them...so not so bad
    EchoGolfSierra
  • SintacsSintacs Centurion
    I really enjoyed Killzone Shadow Fall. It seems like it would stand on it's own fairly well if you haven't played the other games, and I'm sure you could find a summarized version of what happened in them if you're really curious. I've never paid too much attention to the story of them TBH, and Shadow Fall takes place something like 20 or so years after Killzone 3.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    killzone 2 was amazing . i never finished 3
    Sintacs
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    edited July 2016
    Law212 said:

its in large parts due to the generation gap - lots of consumers you want to get on board with a new installment in a franchise are too young to have played the originals when they came out so this is a way to get them involved. if kids were 8 when your original game come out and you want to release a sequel 10 years later, you want 18 year olds to be buying it probably and they most likely didnt touch the original at the time if its a mature or even teen franchise.
    EchoGolfSierraJuxtapose
  • SintacsSintacs Centurion
    Law212 said:

killzone 2 was amazing . i never finished 3

I think I probably liked 2 more than 3 overall, but I definitely preferred how 3 controlled. The difference between all the games was pretty noticeable to me because I pretty much played through them all for the first time one after the other when I got my PS3 last year.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Rajio said:

Law212 said:

its in large parts due to the generation gap - lots of consumers you want to get on board with a new installment in a franchise are too young to have played the originals when they came out so this is a way to get them involved. if kids were 8 when your original game come out and you want to release a sequel 10 years later, you want 18 year olds to be buying it probably and they most likely didnt touch the original at the time if its a mature or even teen franchise.
    I think it has more to do with it being easier and more lucrative to slap on new textures and resell the game for full price than it is to make a new game. I don't believe for a minute that companies care about youngsters getting backstory to new installments. They want the quick cash and that's all there is to that thought process.

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited July 2016
    Has there ever been a remaster sold at full price? Even the Uncharted Collection with all three of them launched at $59.99 when all other new games were 79.99.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    no I don't think they sell for a full priced game, but they aren't that cheap either. I still think its a cash grab, one that I have been tempted to fall for a few times. Halo , gears of war, and probably others.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    edited July 2016
    Law212 said:

Rajio said:

Law212 said:

I think it has more to do with it being easier and more lucrative to slap on new textures and resell the game for full price than it is to make a new game. I don't believe for a minute that companies care about youngsters getting backstory to new installments. They want the quick cash and that's all there is to that thought process.

if you say so. what do i know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    You know nothing john..........
  • Law212 said:

stuff like the uncharted collection is really well done and a great value. feels so good t 60fps.

Until Dawn is fantastic too