This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Cake is no lying matter

RajioRajio Centurion
edited August 2016 in General
What is your favourite kind of cake? I can't really eat cake much due to the sugar but when I could, I was partial to a good coffee cake or cinnamon streusel.
Tagged:

Comments

• coffee cake is amazing, coming around to ice cream cake if that counts
  • The only cake worth of eating is Cheese Cake. Then again, I'm more of a pie kinda of guy
  • my wife is an expert at making low sugar cakes and pies. I am a chocolate addict but my favorite cake is probably a nice moist carrot cake. ( sans icing)
  • MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion
    There's a place here in town that sells delicious fresh fruit cakes for diabetics @Rajio ... Btw awesome thread :smiley:

As for my favorite...hmmmm... Lemme see... Favorite cake out of them all delicious, mouth watering, yummy yum-yum goodie good cakes? I'd say red velvet peanut butter filling chocolate covered cake...or any cake fitting in my mouth.
    Oh and, once in a while, i still catch me a wild deep n' delicious Mccain cake that i verociously murder with a spoon
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    I do not recognize cheesecake as a type of cake. At best it is cake in NAME ONLY
    the1npc
  • RajioRajio Centurion

my wife is an expert at making low sugar cakes and pies. I am a chocolate addict but my favorite cake is probably a nice moist carrot cake. ( sans icing)

TELL ME MORE (about low sugar cakes and pies, not your wife necessarily)
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    MSQGanner said:

There's a place here in town that sells delicious fresh fruit cakes for diabetics @Rajio ... Btw awesome thread :smiley:

I WANT TO KNOW MORE, YOU TEASE!
    Rajio said:

MSQGanner said:

I WANT TO KNOW MORE, YOU TEASE!
    Yes. Yes i am... That mango peach piece of sugar free cake was the best (sugar free) cake i ever tasted. Light and fluffy, with fruit filling sauce (made of fresh fruit), covered with a slightly naturally sweet whipped style creamage topped with mango and peaches pieces... And their banana cake smelled as delicious...Mmmmm, cake!!
  • Rajio said:

my wife is an expert at making low sugar cakes and pies. I am a chocolate addict but my favorite cake is probably a nice moist carrot cake. ( sans icing)

TELL ME MORE (about low sugar cakes and pies, not your wife necessarily)
    well, for example; sugar-free lemon or chocolate mix for lemon or chocolate pie. Her pumpkin recipe she has modified to use brown sugar Splenda and less of it. Her Apple pie uses white Splenda. As far as cakes she makes one from scratch....no idea how...and the other she gets low-sugar chocolate cake mixes from the states...they aren't fabulous but not bad by any stretch....so I can't complain.

Butter tarts she uses the brown sugar Splenda and no sugar added maple syrup (and raisins and nuts) to make the filling. All of her pastries(pie shells) are made from scratch.

her carrot cake and zucchini chocolate muffins are low in fat and no sugar.

and all of the cakes get no icing on at least half (my half) I have also eaten enough to know which of her homemade treats really spikes my sugar and which doesnt. and I control portion size and insulin injections accordingly.

It is Like Canadian 67 beer. I have gotten use to it over the years....sure I miss other beers but atleast lets me have a beer with everyone else during the bbq... etc
    I actually enjoy the taste now because 3 carbs is nothing...hardly a snack, but a typical beer of 30 carbs.....well I just cant have that in a single beverage.

When I was first diagnosed all I cared about was sugar....then I began to focus on carbs.... now my focus has shifted more to glycemic index numbers for me they are "better" information for me to consider.

• RajioRajio Centurion
    yeah a little sweetness goes a long way with me. i miss regular sugared foods but if i had them they'd probably taste too sweet to me since i dont eat sugar. you can half or quarter the sugar in most recipies and it tastes better to me. and sometimes i just need a taste of cake to feel like ive had some. sometimes its even just the idea that i can have a nice piece of cake without a sugar crash is nice, mentally. you know? its depressing when everyone is enjoying sweet treats and im sitting here thinking 'i havent tasted cake in years'

oh nice tip on sugar free treats; go shopping in the US. omg their sugar free selection of chocolates and candies is off the chain. you can get whopping big bags of them cheaper than you can get the small ones here. i'm talking sugar free peanut butter cups, sugar free truffles, sugar free lifesavers, you name it.

EchoGolfSierra
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    edited July 2016
    the1npc said:

coffee cake is amazing, coming around to ice cream cake if that counts

you know what? ice cream cake counts more as a cake then cheese cake (which is not a motherfucking cake!) at least icecream cake incorporates actual cake, making it a cake in my books! cheesecake? that shit is a fucking pie at best!
    EchoGolfSierrathe1npc
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    I can't have dairy as you all know, but for me it was Caramel Cheesecake, which is indeed a cake.

Outside of that, chocolate cake was great, but sometimes too right for my liking (as I got older).
    ReclaimerM3GTRSmoreninja
  • I finally figured out I have some lactos intolerance as well ( all this time I assumed I was just full of shit) Since changing to lactos free dairy my digestive situation has been significantly improved.
  • See Jux is the type of man I can respect. Unlike a certain someone
    Juxtapose
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Next you'll be telling me that a hot dog is a sandwich.
    EchoGolfSierra
    A piece of meat between bread... Pretty much a sammich to me
    A piece of meat between bread... Pretty much a sammich to me
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    Rajio said:

Apples and oranges my friend.
  • Juxtapose said:

Rajio said:

Apples and oranges my friend.
    Jux and Ganner are smokin something funny Raj...
    A hot dog is not a sandwich!
    Cheesecake isnt cake....it is a square like a Nanaimo bar

Flippin Heathens

Rajio
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    the line has been drawn. time for everyone to pick a side.
    The definition of sammich states that whenever you surround something with bread it's called a sammich. I win you lose, now give me cake.
  • Rajio said:

the line has been drawn. time for everyone to pick a side.

In this case, Team Cheesecake is the equivalent of Team Cap
  • SintacsSintacs Centurion
    edited July 2016
    German chocolate cake has always been my favorite, I like to call it barf-cake because of the way the topping on it looks.

I'd agree that a hotdog is a sandwich, but cheesecake is definitely not cake.
  • SintacsSintacs Centurion

Dick cake.

Better be cream filled.
    Alariaria
  • Dick cake.

Sausage on a bun aint a sandwich....it is sausage on a bun. A bacon cheeseburger aint a sandwich....Next think ya know someone to say souvlaki on a pita is a samwich too...

• RajioRajio Centurion
    last time i got a shawarma the guy asked if i wanted a sandwich. i said 'no, wrap' and he said they were the same thing. i almost walked straight out. but by the time he said that, the deed had already been done. i still feel dirty for eating that shawarma wrap
    EchoGolfSierra
  • I like cheesecake and blueberry pie...a hot dog is a sandwich...cheesecake is a cake...it is right there in the name