This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

xbone fire sale

Is anyone else mildly surprised or concerned about Xbone's fire sale?
Get The Division 1TB Bundle+$50 Gift Card+RainbowSS+ SE Controller + FH2 for $299
https://majornelson.com/2016/07/12/amazon-prime-day-2016-deals/
or
Get the Name Your Game Bundle +$50 Amazon Gift Card + Halo 5 LE + SE Controller + FH2 $279

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Is anyone else mildly surprised or concerned about Xbone's fire sale?
    Get The Division 1TB Bundle+$50 Gift Card+RainbowSS+ SE Controller + FH2 for $299
    https://majornelson.com/2016/07/12/amazon-prime-day-2016-deals/
    or
    Get the Name Your Game Bundle +$50 Amazon Gift Card + Halo 5 LE + SE Controller + FH2 $279

Huh. This is for Canada as well?
  • You do realise that it's Prime Days at Amazon. They slash the price on tons of stuff.
  • ya I do ( it is right in my link) ...but only xbox stuff it seems. I bought my Xbone console bundle last December Game Bundle +1 game for $550 ish. I bought my PS4 2 weeks game bundle + 1 game for about $550ish.

Now you are getting a game bundle..an additional game a $50 gift card and a spare controller for under $300... but only for the Xbone. PS4 prices havent changed

I dont think this is being driven by Amazon... this is being driven by MS.
    Either...they are tired of losing badly on total sales numbers
    or they are seriously worried that their announcement of "play anywhere" will seriously effect console sales.
    or they are worried everyone will wait for the new Scorpio with it's 6 gigaflops.
    Or they have contracts with game companies that ( like exclusivities etc) that require they hit certain total console sales numbers and they arent hitting it.

Since before E3 MS seems to be announcing more and more price cuts.... and I am really curious as to why.....
  • They may just want to clear the retail supply chain to make way for the Xbox One S when it comes out
  • They may just want to clear the retail supply chain to make way for the Xbox One S when it comes out

THIS. It's not some push from MS.
  • SintacsSintacs Centurion

You do realise that it's Prime Days at Amazon. They slash the price on tons of stuff.

I wish they had deals like this last year, the things they had on sale last time made it seem like a joke.