This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Crazy American politics

RajioRajio Centurion
edited August 2016 in News & Politics
This discussion was created from comments split from: Our Stupid Planet.
Tagged:

Comments

• MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion
    So, last night i watched the end of the Republican National Convention and was quite disturbed with what i saw and heard.

First off, Rudy Giuliani (or whatever his name is) had this barely hidden racist speech about how it was Clinton's and Obama's fault for what happened in Libya, and refugees amongst other racist stuff. Then, Melania Trump appeared with her stolen (from Michelle Obama) speech that she read from the teleprompter thingy (her eyes never veered off towards the crowd).. The only good thing that came from her was her bra-less nipple poking white dress lol. And, i had the pleasure of playing "Find the black guy in the crowd" game which i lost 'cause i didn't see any.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Rudy's speech literally gave me chills. it was terrifying.
    Rajio said:

Rudy's speech literally gave me chills. it was terrifying.

He almost singlehandedly declared war on mankind. So yeah, terrifying indeed
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    edited July 2016
    the audience was cheering for war crimes, dropping rules of engagement, chanting 'U!S!A!' and rudy apocalypticly said "There's no next election. This is it."

thats not even counting all the blatant racism and hatred his speech was laced with.
    Yeah, and that was only that old fart... Imagine if Trump gets elected...We're DOOMED!!
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    I like the think melania's speech was a cry for help. either her or her speech writer must have known that any plagiarism would be detected right away. especially plagiarism of the person you villify. they had to know they'd be found out. so i can only imagine that their plan was to be found out - but in such a way that they could play the victim through the process.

why?

maybe to get off on vicimization from the media.
    maybe to sabotage trump's campaign, while maintaining plausible deniability.
    maybe just to make a subtle connection
    maybe all of the above.

there is no way that speech was accidental, and no way the person plagiarizing thought nobody would notice. so the question is who did it and why. i know those speeches go through multiple hands to vet and edit them but the person who wrote those bits did so knowingly and got it past everyone else. Think like a political mastermind. Think like its house of cards or game of thrones. who was the real puppetmaster here and what is their endgame?

Actually, it reminds me of Hitler's campaign in 36. Dividing, terrifying, racist filled speeches getting cheered with thunderous applause to get the absolute power yet not a single attempt to moderate the cow poo erupting from their mouth.

Best part of the event so far was when Stephen Colbert got on stage (sunday night) and said "i know i'm not suppose to be here but neither is Trump" at the podium before getting ejected by security
  • Naw Raj I disagree...I am sure Trump's people wrote that speech....I am sure they planned to get it caught because they literally plagiarized a paragraph or more. I am sure Trump is glad that is what is being discussed today.
    Ther man is a genius he knows exactly how to manipulate people to close a deal. And that is all this is to him...another business deal where he will say what ever it takes to get elected and then he will do what ever he thinks is best whether he campaigned on it or not.

It was all carefully planned....
  • I still keep waiting for the "surprise!"...because I can't believe this is real
  • that comes when trump gets elected then turns 180 degrees on certain subjects and statements.....
  • RajioRajio Centurion

Naw Raj I disagree...I am sure Trump's people wrote that speech....I am sure they planned to get it caught because they literally plagiarized a paragraph or more. I am sure Trump is glad that is what is being discussed today.
    Ther man is a genius he knows exactly how to manipulate people to close a deal. And that is all this is to him...another business deal where he will say what ever it takes to get elected and then he will do what ever he thinks is best whether he campaigned on it or not.

It was all carefully planned....

its not far fetched to think that whatsoever. you know how he likes to portray himself as a victim of unfair media bullying. now he can include his wife as a victim, and no matter what is said in the news, he can say its just the media out to get him.

do you really think that come the election anybody will remember or care about his wife's speech? I don't. But the other effects of this move will still be able to be leveraged then, if they want.

its either someone trying to coyly undermine trump OR it is trump carrying on with his victim masquerade. Possibly both.

I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but I do think that people underestimate the machinations that go on in politics. Don't look at the move itself. Look at its outcomes and who is spinning them.
  • RajioRajio Centurion

that comes when trump gets elected then turns 180 degrees on certain subjects and statements.....

thats what many repubs are scared of. he used to be a dem, and they are scared that even if they let him be president on their ticket that they cant control him. and nobody really knows his policy now. he's a wild card. they dont see what his endgame is.

but don't worry too much. if the obama years have taught us anything, is that the president can't really do anything without the support of everyone else. they can keep president trump deadlocked for years.
  • EchoGolfSierraEchoGolfSierra Centurion
    edited July 2016
    Ya the president is really a puppet...a figurehead with no real power other than the power allotted to him.
    He is definitely not the most powerful man in the world...as is often portrayed
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Wow the pace of Trump antics is escalating. I can't even keep up anymore, there is more than one crazy thing a day now.

What scares me is that even if he loses the election - the people who think like him don't disappear. they continue to exist. they continue to be a big part of politics. they (and their thoughts) don't suddenly disappear. in fact someone may double down. Especially if the election is close.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    And people defend his crazy actions and speeches. Its insanity on a very large scale.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    yeah thats why im not even looking at trump anymore so much as i am all the people supporting him. he could vanish tomorrow. all those people exist. all that support exists. if its not trump it will be someone else trying to harness it.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Ya, the sheep just need a shepherd.
    RajioStreaker1978Juxtapose
  • You forgot the #TrumpSacrifice
  • Everything that Trump sacrificed...like other people's jobs, paychecks, patience, every moment i took listening to him. So many sacrifices lol
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Lol I almost forgot about that! good one Ganner
  • Oh and Hilary is the Devil... She probably wears Prada....
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    I agree with Bill Burr on her though , I cant stand her voice.....
  • watch the news........this maybe in poor taste but I predict Hillary will be shot and killed before the election. If I could get odds on it in vegas I would lay the bet
  • Richard Prior should run for presidency like he did in Brewster's millions lol
  • yes. Yes i am. #STFUDonald2016