This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Comments

• DoosDoos Centurion
    I'd love to see more of those headlines.
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    Doos said:

I'd love to see more of those headlines.

Same. Good to see action being taken.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    edited July 2016
    I thought this thread was going to be about actual tools, like cool new power tools and stuff. :(

it should be noted that this sort of shit from people actually keeps people out of game development, and keeps games from getting made. nobody wants to deal with this shit. ive known numerous people quit the industry because they just got tired of dealing with it. even if you don't care about humans and just care about the games, this sort of shit makes the games worse as it effects the entire industry. It is more common than you think.

Rajio said:

I thought this thread was going to be about actual tools, like cool new power tools and stuff. :(

it should be noted that this sort of shit from people actually keeps people out of game development, and keeps games from getting made. nobody wants to deal with this shit. ive known numerous people quit the industry because they just got tired of dealing with it. even if you don't care about humans and just care about the games, this sort of shit makes the games worse as it effects the entire industry. It is more common than you think.

I know it's crazy widespread, and not just happening to "famous" devs. Our species man.
  • I logged into a guild meeting last night for my old UO guild ...just to say hey to some of my old friends etc. They were dealing with an issue with one guild member threating to show up at another guild member's house and physically harm him.

I am like....holy fuck really?.... Personally, I think they were too laid back...I would have booted his ass out. But it baffles me that grown adults behave this way.....

I logged into a guild meeting last night for my old UO guild ...just to say hey to some of my old friends etc. They were dealing with an issue with one guild member threating to show up at another guild member's house and physically harm him.

I am like....holy fuck really?.... Personally, I think they were too laid back...I would have booted his ass out. But it baffles me that grown adults behave this way.....

Being an adult does not equal having maturity.
  • RajioRajio Centurion

I logged into a guild meeting last night for my old UO guild ...just to say hey to some of my old friends etc. They were dealing with an issue with one guild member threating to show up at another guild member's house and physically harm him.

wait. they didnt just booth the guy on the spot?!
  • nope he apologized and said it was a joke so they gave him another shot. I would have booted him instantly....no discussion...so long see ya, wouldnt want to be ya