This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

we happy few

EchoGolfSierraEchoGolfSierra Centurion
edited August 2016 in General
Something new from Compulsion games. Has a real Bioshock feel to it. You can download a playable trial that lets you play for 45 mins. After that, you buy it as is for $30 cad and that entitles you to the present Alpha and future upgrades to a full game.

Interesting premise, pay for a game during the development stage. Basically, lets you lock it in for $30 I assume the finished game will be a $60 hit to the pocket book. It can be bought from Xbox live, steam or GoG.

thoughts observations?
Tagged:

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    Link?

In general though, don't think I'd buy something that's incomplete to begin with.
  • Juxtapose said:

Link?

In general though, don't think I'd buy something that's incomplete to begin with.

No shit really Jux? I never saw that one coming.LOL

THere isnt a link because it is on Xbox live... but I went seaching and found one just for you... :)

compulsiongames.com/en/10/we-happy-few

the premise is similar to a kickstarter... makes it so the company can afford to stay in development and put out a great product.....as opposed to push it out the door and fix the buggy mess with patches.

Many people decided long ago they were going to buy this game ( like right after E3) so paying now buys it cheaper and lets you explore and be part of the alpha/beta process.

I like the strategy, I am not sure if I will buy it now but only because it isnt something I will probably buy until after the fall push is over. By then I will hopefully get it for sale.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

No shit really Jux? I never saw that one coming.LOL

I am very unpredictable.
    EchoGolfSierraRajiothe1npc
  • I requested a code for it and just received it this morning. I'm excited to jump in and see what it's all about.
  • I went back to my free preview for another try... I had set the game down the day it went live because I found the premise of the game disturbing.
    Perhaps I am wrong or just looking at this too much from my own perspective but they really seem to be making some pretty negative statements about mental illness and depression. Maybe I am just being too sensitive, maybe it gives a positive statement later in the narrative. Maybe they are trying to stimulate a discussion....I just find the premise and theme of the game to be pretty distasteful. Does anyone else feel similarly or is it just me?