This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

The Last xbox console......

So MS has leaked that they want out of the console generations cycle. The new slim might technically be the last Xbox. The new super console due out next year will be upgradable.....much like a PC.

Supposedly their games library will just continue on indefinitely... your hardware lvl dictating how well games will perform on your machine. ....Interesting!

Sony seems to be sneaking out a PS4 Slim that they havent announced yet before their New super console launches.

Comments

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    So MS has leaked that they want out of the console generations cycle. The new slim might technically be the last Xbox. The new super console due out next year will be upgradable.....much like a PC.

Supposedly their games library will just continue on indefinitely... your hardware lvl dictating how well games will perform on your machine. ....Interesting!

Sony seems to be sneaking out a PS4 Slim that they havent announced yet before their New super console launches.

So basically, a SteamBox then :p.

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    That would make sense as to why a lot more Xbox games are coming to pc
  • PS4 games are coming to PC too.... the entire landscape is changing folks

• @EchoGolfSierra There's a lot less PS4 games coming to PC though. The only Xbox One exclusives I can think of anymore are Halo 5 and Sunset Overdrive (you could argue the Master Chief Collection too, but those games have also been on other Xbox consoles/PC). I can't say it's surprising news based on the direction they took with E3 announcements and whatnot.

• @Sintacs I think it is essential that eventually, they allow cross-platform play between the consoles ( PS4 and XBone). Yes the list of PS4 games coming to PC is less than Xbone but eventually I think it will be most of them.

I see a future where the difference between PS4 and XB is like the difference between buying movies on blu-ray or DVD. Right now most releases come with DVD/Bluray/digital all in one case. I can see the same thing eventually happening with games. Perhaps not with hard copies but you will be able to digitally download all three.