This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Gamepad for PC

For those of you that game on PC, do any of you use a game pad? Which one...how easy to set up?

Comments

• I mainly use an xbox one controller for most games. You can just plug it in to your PC with the charging cable or any micro usb cable.

Or you can get the wireless adapter for windows .

SOME games don't respond perfectly to that controller and in those cases I use the xbox 360 controller. Which you need the wireless dongle unless you have a WIRED 360 controller. using the charging cable wont work.

• I use both the DS4 and Xbox One controllers with my PC. As @Law212 said, all you need to do with the Xbox One controller is plug it in with a micro USB cable and you're good to go, Windows will automatically install the drivers the first time you plug it in. I'd recommend not buying a wireless adapter if that's the route you want to take if you have Bluetooth in your computer. All of the newer model Xbox One controllers will have Bluetooth connectivity, so no extra adapters will be needed if your computer already supports that. Worst case scenario, you grab a Bluetooth USB adapter for $10-15. I grabbed this one and it works great. To sync a Bluetooth enabled Xbox One controller, you simply press the sync button on it as if you were syncing it to your console, but open up your Bluetooth connections on your PC and pair it in there.

DS4's take a little more effort, as you need to manually download the drivers from the Sony site, and generally, you'll need to download a 3rd party program to use it with most games, as many don't support the controller normally. I use DS4Windows for mine. To sync your DS4, you hold the "Share" and "PlayStation" buttons for a couple seconds, the light bar will flash, you then open up your Bluetooth connections and pair it.

Speaking of controllers, I just got my Xbox Design Lab controller today:

• For me, generally I use my Wired Xbox 360 Controller. Instant Plug and Play.

For fighting games, I use my Hori Gem Pad EX for Xbox 360. Better D-Pad, and though not officially supported, also works simply by plugging it in (USB).

• @Juxtapose said:
    For fighting games, I use my Hori Gem Pad EX for Xbox 360. Better D-Pad, and though not officially supported, also works simply by plugging it in (USB).

I use either one of the Mad Catz Fightpads (have 2 Street Fighter IV [larger], one SFxT [smaller]) or my Hori Fighting Commander 4. All work via USB by simply plugging them in, and the Fightpads being Xbox 360 controllers, work with everything 360 controllers work with, though the Hori FC4 is supported in pretty much evert PC fighting game I have.

Juxtapose
  • thanks...i think I will use my Xbox One controller that came with the box...i use the Elite with the console