This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Skyrim Special Edition drops tonight/tomorrow

who is buying it and on what platform?

thinking of giving greenman games a go this time. Cant believe how much cheaper pc games are to consoles

Comments

• i haven't decided if i am going to get it now or wait for a price drop. If i do get it it will probably be on PS4 for the platinum trophy.

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    who is buying it and on what platform?

thinking of giving greenman games a go this time. Cant believe how much cheaper pc games are to consoles

Yeah, PC gaming is always cheaper. Buying straight up the difference has oft been about $10.00, but using other sites, not even grey sites, you can oft find for much more off.

• ok what WTF are grey/gray sites?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Grey sites sell game keys that are not always obtained through proper channels . Though Most are . Lots are keys that were taken from employees who work for stores that give free keys away with purchase of pc hardware.

Like if you buy an Nvidia card right now you get a free copy of gears of war 4.

Also I have codes for free gears 1 ,2, 3 and judgement. If I wanted to I could sell them on g2a.com

• ahhhhhh ok thanks that makes sense so that is what g2a does...got ya

so what do they pay for codes?

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    ahhhhhh ok thanks that makes sense so that is what g2a does...got ya

so what do they pay for codes?

From my understanding G2A doesn't buy the codes, but is a place for Law to sell them to someone. G2A is essentially an intermediary between seller and buyer

Juxtapose
  • @ReclaimerM3GTR said:
    From my understanding G2A doesn't buy the codes, but is a place for Law to sell them to someone. G2A is essentially an intermediary between seller and buyer

This, which is why there have been some issues with grey sites in the past. It's somewhat like a used market, or perhaps a better term is a re-seller market, for PC titles.

Oft they'll be legit, but there's always the chance it's a stolen key. The risk with grey sites is you get a great deal, but if the key is "bad," a service like Steam can remove it and then no more game for you unless you buy it again.

• I no longer have it for xbox but I do have it on PC. Graphics are a big improvement but ENB was much better.
    There are a few hundred mods already.
    My Skyrim auto updated with the Special Edition but I downloaded it anyways with out realizing I didn't have to. So I have 2 copys on my PC, lol. I can run 2 games at once then.
    Auto detect set my graphics to medium, I changed it to ultra. Runs stable and with good fps. And that's on a GTX 670.

• @wikkiwild1 said:
    I no longer have it for xbox but I do have it on PC. Graphics are a big improvement but ENB was much better.
    There are a few hundred mods already.
    My Skyrim auto updated with the Special Edition but I downloaded it anyways with out realizing I didn't have to. So I have 2 copys on my PC, lol. I can run 2 games at once then.
    Auto detect set my graphics to medium, I changed it to ultra. Runs stable and with good fps. And that's on a GTX 670.

You can also try Optimizing the graphics via GeForce Experience. I find it does a good job.

• @Juxtapose said:
    You can also try Optimizing the graphics via GeForce Experience. I find it does a good job.

really I cant even get mine to load....and I seem to be part of the vast majority that gets the same error. GeForce Experience has developed a problem and needs to shutdown

• Really? Are you running the latest version of it? Maybe a clean install?

• cant even install the updates....known issue according to the Nvidia forums

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Sometimes geforce experience wont load properly for me and I cant record gameplay. Usually a reboot does the trick though.

• @Juxtapose said:

That's what I did after but it didn't fix the occasional freezing. Could be some of the mods I have installed.