This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Juxtapose's StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Matches

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

I played two Ranked matches last night, the first of which (and I actually win!) is here:

The second I need to upload tonight.

This game made me sad, as once again my lack of proper macro is what did me in. It was pretty close and I felt confident through most of the match. I also should have teched better though.

Got matched up against an opponent in my own league and had a fun match, even if I didn't play my best:

So of course after winning against a Silver opponent, the system decides to match me up against a Platinum player, someone two leagues above me. Ha, makes perfect sense. Still had fun though:

This game lasts a while, but I refused to quit:

• I've been winning a bunch of games lately, and have been promoted to Silver 1. A few days ago I was 16th place in my division, so I think making Gold League is realistic.

My record right now is 9-10, so I'm almost at that magic 50% mark (what Battle.net tries to achieve for its players).

• Here's the match in which I get promoted to Gold League against the BMing Platinum League opponent. @Law212, I told you about this match in more detail earlier today. Make sure to watch the conversation post match to.

And then some other matches as well. I finished the day first in my Division for Gold 3. Haven't played for several days now though, so I've dropped to ninth place at last check.

• This November, Blizzard Entertainment will be doing some major design changes to StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void, and the changes are live for testing now.

You can read all about it here.

I played two games with this Balance Test Mod yesterday:

• Started playing regular Ranked Matches again:

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I was gonna message you last night to play some star craft but i ended up playing some gears to get the new skins they have out. ...

• @Law212 said:
    I was gonna message you last night to play some star craft but i ended up playing some gears to get the new skins they have out. ...

That's cool, let me know whenever and if I'm free, I'm in. What you should do first if you haven't already is go to Multiplayer>Training and do all three Stages. They help you understand the fundamentals decently.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

i havent done that . I should . ill do it sometime this week. I just need 100 headshots in gears 4 before sept 5 Should be soon as I already got a nice 20 or so last night.

• This here is the set @Law212 and I did on Tuesday night:

@Law212, I watched the first Replay, and for one of your first games you did quite well. You got your Orbital Command pretty quickly and started getting infantry in really good time. You also expanded to your natural instead of sticking to a single base, which is really good.

A few tips:

• In the early game never stop training SCVs. Ever, until your main base is fully saturated (see the numbers above your Command Centre/Orbital Command and Vespene Refineries?). Your economy is the single most important thing, and workers are key to this.
    • As soon as your Barracks is complete, upgrade your Command Centre to an Orbital Command, and then start using "Deploy M.U.L.E." on Mineral Patches at every chance you can. M.U.L.E.'s are super SCV's (they can not harvest Gas though) and they Harvest Minerals faster. Once the Orbital Command upgrade is complete, resume training SCVs.
    • Once you expand, immediately upgrade that Command Centre into an Orbital Command, then start training SCVs from it. For additional expansions, if your opponent is aggressive, upgrade those Command Centres to Planetary Fortresses. If not, more Orbital Commands for more M.U.L.E.'s and later, Scanner Sweeps (extremely inexpensive recon).
    • I saw you cued up a bunch of Marines in your Barracks. Whenever you cue something up, it holds the resources for it limiting what you can do. So cue up four Marines, and you've just spent 200 Minerals! As such, I recommend only cuing up no more than two units at a time so as not to restrict your spending.
    • I saw you built a Reaper as well. Reapers are scouting/harassing units, so if you build one, send it to go see what the enemy is doing and see if you can kill a worker or so with him.
    • Don't forget to add a Tech Lab and/or Reactor onto your Barracks. The Reactor lets your train two Marines or Reapers at a time, and the Tech Lab lets you get Stim Pack and Combat Shields for your Marines, and also let's you train Mauraders from that Barracks.
    • Against Terran and especially Protoss, always build a Missile Turret in the centre of each of your Mineral Lines to deter drops and Oracle harassment.
    • When I attacked you, you chased out after me, which given the size of my force hurt you a lot. If someone attacks you and you drive them off and you know your force is weaker, don't pursue; hunker down and build up for dealing with another push if you can. The defender always has the advantage, especially if they hold the ramp/choke points.

I'll watch the second Replay when I have time.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I havent had time to watch them yet. Might not get to until the weekend .

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I still dont know the units strengths and weaknesses or too much about what buildings to make first and so on , but as time goes on ill figure it out

• @Law212 said:
    I still dont know the units strengths and weaknesses or too much about what buildings to make first and so on , but as time goes on ill figure it out

Yup, that's something you learn as you play and try things.

• @Law212 I watched the second Replay last night, and a few more tips:

• When you expand, make sure to place your Command Centre as close to the Mineral Patches and Vespene Geyesers as possible. Most maps have a terrain pieces that's distinct to indicate ideal placement. As Terran, you can also build your Command Centre in your main base, upgrade it to an Orbital Command, and then Lift if Off and fly it over to the expansion.
    • I saw you built a Ghost Academy and built a Nuke, very cool. FYI you need a Ghost, trained from a Barracks with an attached Tech Lab, to launch said Nuke. Getting Cloak for the Ghost helps a lot too, as the Ghost is stationary and vulnerable while the Nuke is being called in.
    Law212
  • I havent had time to play much of anything but these videos are pretty sweet. I think im learning from them. Ill have to put it into practice though

Juxtapose