This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Blizzard Entertainment Game Night

Comments

• For Thursday, we're all making new Hardcore characters to all start at Level 1, correct?

If so, I'll simply pick between the two left over Classes to round out the team; you guys can pick the Classes that each suits your fancy.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

So are we rolling hardcore or normal? I'd be leaning more towards hardcore myself.

TimothyWedelEchoGolfSierraLaw212Juxtapose

Oh my bad, didn't notice we were on page 4 when I clicked into the thread :/ and having no edit I can't fix my last post. Gimme some reaction stuff to this post or the last one guys, I'm 3 points away from an edit button, and would really like to have it back.

TimothyWedelEchoGolfSierraLaw212Juxtapose
  • @Sintacs said:
    So are we rolling hardcore or normal? I'd be leaning more towards hardcore myself.

Yup, sounds like we're doing Hardcore on Thursday eve, but let's all use new characters so we're all on equal Level 1 footing.

• Hey all. Just reminder about the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Hardcore night tonight at 8:30 pm Eastern.

@Law212 @Sintacs @Smoreninja @TimothyWedel @EchoGolfSierra

With a Party cap of five, if all six of us make it we'll split into two parties of three.

• I currently only have only Diablo III on PC with Reaper of Souls on PC. Haven't played in a while. I've reached level 70 with my Demon Hunter in 1 playthrough.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Sorry, I had so much school work to do tonight.

• @wikkiwild1 said:
    I currently only have only Diablo III on PC with Reaper of Souls on PC. Haven't played in a while. I've reached level 70 with my Demon Hunter in 1 playthrough.

You're welcome to join us and play with an existing character or level up a new one.

Last night we ended up all starting new Seasonal Heroes. I reached Level 24 by night's end, and we only played for about an hour and a half I think.

• That was fun last night, and thanks to @TimothyWedel and @Sintacs for the game!

You're right @Sintacs, The Witch Doctor does play different than the Necromancer from Diablo II.

And speaking of Diablo II, when would you all like to do a Classic night (or afternoon) where we play that game. We'll do it on a weekend, but what works for you all?

I likely can do this weekend or two weekends for now (the weekend of the 28th I can't commit).

Also, Saturday or Sunday?

@Lactos @Sintacs @Law212 @EchoGolfSierra

If I missed anyone that owns Diablo II: Lord of Destruction please tag them for me.

Anytime is fine for me, still unemployed. Yeah, the Witch Doctor does have some similarities, the summons, a wall of some sort, but as far as the actual offensive spells go, they're very different. I saw you tossing the spider jars at one point, you can eventually get a rune for that where it just spawns one big spider that craps out the little ones while killing things. I guess that would be kind of like the Necro bone spirit, if it passed through enemies, and pooped out baby bone spirits, but you could only have one bone spirit out at a time, and casting another despawns the first. Man, I liked bone spirit and bone spear, I hope they come back with the Necro, and teeth, teeth was pretty awesome for clearing big groups.

Juxtapose
  • @Sintacs said:
    Anytime is fine for me, still unemployed. Yeah, the Witch Doctor does have some similarities, the summons, a wall of some sort, but as far as the actual offensive spells go, they're very different. I saw you tossing the spider jars at one point, you can eventually get a rune for that where it just spawns one big spider that craps out the little ones while killing things. I guess that would be kind of like the Necro bone spirit, if it passed through enemies, and pooped out baby bone spirits, but you could only have one bone spirit out at a time, and casting another despawns the first. Man, I liked bone spirit and bone spear, I hope they come back with the Necro, and teeth, teeth was pretty awesome for clearing big groups.

Yeah, since that was my first time really playing as a Witch Doctor, I had to toy around and try things. For the basic Skill, Poison Dart just seemed so much more practical to me.

Big mama spider really isn't bad when you get up to it, the normal spiders kinda suck though. You'll definitely have to adapt to using it though, since you toss it and just kinda stand there and be useless after until it dies/despawns, then toss another. It kills groups a lot faster than the darts, but the darts are definitely king for single targets.

Juxtapose
  • Sorry guys, no go for me this weekend. Wife needs the computer for work.

• @Lactos said:
    Sorry guys, no go for me this weekend. Wife needs the computer for work.

No worries man, we'll catch you next time.

Okay, why don't we do tomorrow afternoon, Sun. Jan. 22nd at 4:00 pm Eastern for a few hours and see how that goes.

Generally speaking, let's start with new characters, plus or minus 4 Levels to keep things close.

My Battle.net Classic ID is Juxtapose, and when I create a Private game it'll be called Delay of Game and the password will be dOg1711 . That's a capital letter "O."

Now I just need to remember how to create a Private Chat Channel over Battle.net Classic.

@Sintacs @EchoGolfSierra @Law212

• @Juxtapose said:

@Lactos said:
    Sorry guys, no go for me this weekend. Wife needs the computer for work.

No worries man, we'll catch you next time.

Okay, why don't we do tomorrow afternoon, Sun. Jan. 22nd at 4:00 pm Eastern for a few hours and see how that goes.

Generally speaking, let's start with new characters, plus or minus 4 Levels to keep things close.

My Battle.net Classic ID is Juxtapose, and when I create a Private game it'll be called Delay of Game and the password will be dOg1711 . That's a capital letter "O."

Now I just need to remember how to create a Private Chat Channel over Battle.net Classic.

@Sintacs @EchoGolfSierra @Law212

I completely forgot to mention that I'm playing on the USEast Realm.

• Hi all,

Just a reminder of the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction game "night" late this afternoon at 4:00 pm eastern, USEast Realm. I'll log in around 4:00 pm and create a Private Channel called Delay of Game.

Around 4:15 pm I'll start the game. It'll be called Delay of Game and the password will be dOg1171 (where the "O" is a capital "o.").

You can Whisper me in Battle.net Classic with the command "/w *Juxtapose."

Hope to see you there!

@Sintacs @EchoGolfSierra @Law212 @Lactos

• I'm going to try and organize this better by posting next month's schedule well in advance; hopefully that will allow more of you to plan to join.

So February's schedule is as follows:

• Thurs. Feb. 2nd, Heroes of the Storm at 8:30 pm eastern.
    • Sun. Feb. 5th, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction at 4:00 pm eastern on the USEast Realm.
    • Thurs. Feb. 16th, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls at 8:30 pm eastern.
    • Sun. Feb. 19th, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne at 4:00 pm eastern on the Azeroth (USEast) Gateway.

@EchoGolfSierra @Lactos @Law212 @TimothyWedel @Sintacs @Smoreninja

• @Juxtapose said:

@wikkiwild1 said:
    I currently only have only Diablo III on PC with Reaper of Souls on PC. Haven't played in a while. I've reached level 70 with my Demon Hunter in 1 playthrough.

You're welcome to join us and play with an existing character or level up a new one.

Last night we ended up all starting new Seasonal Heroes. I reached Level 24 by night's end, and we only played for about an hour and a half I think.

I haven't played any of the seasons. I've only played the single player mode. But sure, I'd play.

Juxtapose
  • just got D2 Lord of destruction loaded and running... will work on WC3 next

• I'm planning on attending the HotS and Diablo 3 nights. These game nights are a great way for me to take my mind off things for a while. Keep em coming please!

Juxtapose
  • @TimothyWedel said:
    I'm planning on attending the HotS and Diablo 3 nights. These game nights are a great way for me to take my mind off things for a while. Keep em coming please!

Good stuff @TimothyWedel , glad their helping in that way and also providing a good bit of fun!

Looking forward to gaming with you again!

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    just got D2 Lord of destruction loaded and running... will work on WC3 next

Good stuff. I got my Assassin to Level 10 yesterday and am almost halfway through Act I. That game is still crazy fun, even though it's 16.5 years old.

I also need to install Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, hoping to do so in a week or so.

Posted the game nights up on the events in the DoG Steam group. Anybody whos in the group and online when an event starts should get a notification about it.

Juxtapose
  • A reminder that this Thurs. Feb. 2nd at 8:30 pm we'll be playing Heroes of the Storm.

We can partake in the Lunar Festival Event that's happening now as well.

@TimothyWedel @Smoreninja @Sintacs @Law212 @EchoGolfSierra

• Hey all,

A reminder about the game night tonight, Heroes of the Storm at 8:30 pm Eastern. A friend from my work may join us as well and play for, I believe the first time.

Also a reminder about the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction night this coming Sun. Feb. 5th beginning at 4:00 pm Eastern.

Like last time I'll create a Private Channel called DoG, and the Private Game will be called DoG with a password of dOg1171 (where the "O" is a capital O). I'll start the game at 4:15 at the latest and late comers can join us.

For anyone looking to play I recommend you test the game in advance to make sure it works since it is an older title. If you're able to get a character to around the Level 10 mark, that would be swell as well.

@TimothyWedel @Smoreninja @Sintacs @Law212 @Lactos @EchoGolfSierra

If I forgot to tag anyone interested in tonight's event specifically, please do so.

Thanks!

• Most likely hitting the gym tonight. If not I'll be up for a few rounds.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Too much homework to do tonight.

• does anyone bother with the blizzard voice chat....it would be nice to be able to call out for help or respond etc

• @EchoGolfSierra Discord > Blizz chat. I suppose I'll download HoTS again and join you guys.

• Yeah Discord voice chat works way better than blizz