This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Blizzard Entertainment Game Night

Comments

• Really? There's a way to do that? I thought only Xbox had that stalking function lol
  • @AnThMaN said:
    Really? There's a way to do that? I thought only Xbox had that stalking function lol

From the Battle.net Desktop App, yup, you can look at other Friend's Friends Lists. I think they can Block that though if they want.

• Just a reminder of the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls night this coming Thursday starting at 8:30 pm!

• So what's the plan for this session? The game actually got it's hooks into me last week. Non-seasonal, I'm Paragon 500 now and running Torment XI Rifts/Greater Rifts. I ended up deleting my seasonal character since it's too far into the current season for me to want to bother with that, I'll probably play one next season though.

We could potentially do a non-seasonal power levelling session if people have characters they want to get to 70, and possibly do some Rift farming if anybody has interest in doing that. My current mission is to get a Star of Azkaranth, though being the rarest item in the game, who knows if I'll ever even see one. I did get an ancient version of it's little sister, Countess Julia's Cameo, early yesterday. You know those lasers of death that arcane enchanted elites have? They heal me now.

Juxtapose
  • Perhaps we all create Hardcore characters as @Law212 originally suggested?

I have four characters, three of which are Seasonal (including my Primary) and one regular whom I'm not playing at the moment but I want her (Demon Hunter) to play through the Campaign later on.

• I'm in for HC characters if I end up playing this Thursday
    Juxtapose
  • I'd be down for rolling HC.

Juxtapose
  • A reminder about the game night tonight for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls starting at 8:30 pm. Sounds like creating new Hardcore characters is where it'll be at.

@Law212 @Sintacs @TimothyWedel @EchoGolfSierra @Smoreninja

Also a reminder about the classic night with Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne this Sunday at 4:00 pm!

@Rajio

If I missed tagging anyone, please do so!

• I don't have an empty character slot to use :(
  • @Juxtapose said:
    A reminder about the game night tonight for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls starting at 8:30 pm. Sounds like creating new Hardcore characters is where it'll be at.

@Law212 @Sintacs @TimothyWedel @EchoGolfSierra @Smoreninja

Also a reminder about the classic night with Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne this Sunday at 4:00 pm!

@Rajio

If I missed tagging anyone, please do so!

ok I created a seasonal hardcore character....just tell me where to meet ya

• I'll be a little late. Start without me and I'll hop on when I can.
  • thanks guys...that was a blast....until I couldnt stay alive.... have to do this again sometime

Juxtapose
  • @Smoreninja said:
    I don't have an empty character slot to use :(

Where is my dislike button!

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    thanks guys...that was a blast....until I couldnt stay alive.... have to do this again sometime

Ha, yeah, I saw when that molten explosion took you out. You tried after that.

I think the only other thing we can do would be to all bow out and then you create the game to better scale the monsters.

• well you know there is something to seeing who can survive longest,,,:)

Juxtapose
  • Hey all,

Just a reminder about Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne this afternoon, starting at 4:00 pm.

I'll be logging in to Battle.net Classic and I'll create the Channel "Delay of Game." I'll wait 15 minutes for people to show, and based on the number of people we'll decide what type of game to play (1v1, 2v2, etc.).

My Battle.net Classic account name in Warcraft III is "Juxtapose".

Hope to see you there!

@EchoGolfSierra @VanishedNine @Rajio @Sintacs

• I dont see the channel in the list.....suggestions?

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    I dont see the channel in the list.....suggestions?

Oh, you have to specify it as it's a private Channel. From any Channel, type: /channel Delay of Game

• well that might have been nice to know :pensive:

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    well that might have been nice to know :pensive:

Sorry guy, I just assumed people would have looked this up in advance, so my bad.

Basically when you log in to Battle.net in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, you'll see a screen that looks like this:

Click "Channel" at the top left, and on the next screen, you'll be able to type the Channel name of the Private Channel you want to join.

Hope to catch you next time!

• Thanks @Sintacs for the games today; they were fun! I'm uploading the videos of our games to YouTube now and will post when done.

So thus far of the four Blizzard Entertainment games, both Heroes of the Storm and Diablo III: Reaper of Souls have the largest draw of people, so we'll keep those in for March for sure.

For Diablo II: Lord of Destruction one time was a complete no-show and the other was only Sintacs, his girlfriend, and myself. For Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne today, it was only Sintacs and myself again. I know @EchoGolfSierra is interested in playing both classic titles with us, so that's three of us.

My question is for the others of you that have those classic games, are you interested in playing them? Basically I'm looking to find out if the Sunday time slot simply isn't working for people, or if we should swap out to other games (StarCraft II and/or Hearthstone perhaps)?

Thoughts/feedback?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

So I just downloaded diablo 2 and LOD from battlenet. Was neat that I was also able to download Blackthorn and the lost Vikings for free.

• @Law212 said:
    So I just downloaded diablo 2 and LOD from battlenet. Was neat that I was also able to download Blackthorn and the lost Vikings for free.

Yup, anyone with a Battle.net account gets those legacy games for free.

• My problem, and it amy or may not be a singular issue, is timings. Thursday evenings are now out for me.... and Sundays at 4 typically I am either making dinner or soon to be making dinner. I am not sure those times will ever typically work for me...and yes I am frustrated that we have an exceptional real time chat interface that is exceptional for setting up games and connecting in real time and it is being ignored.

But hey these could just be my issues so I will just bow out for now and see how this all shakes down later.

Sintacs
  • @EchoGolfSierra said:
    My problem, and it amy or may not be a singular issue, is timings. Thursday evenings are now out for me.... and Sundays at 4 typically I am either making dinner or soon to be making dinner. I am not sure those times will ever typically work for me...and yes I am frustrated that we have an exceptional real time chat interface that is exceptional for setting up games and connecting in real time and it is being ignored.

But hey these could just be my issues so I will just bow out for now and see how this all shakes down later.

Do you have any suggested days/time slots then?

In terms of setting up games, the schedule is being posted about two to four weeks in advance which I assumed to be plenty of notice.

In terms of a real time chat interface, both Battle.net 2.0 and Battle.net Classic have one built-in and they work extremely well and have since their inception.

• sure Jux...mondays and weds at 6 pm....most saturdays from 8am-5 pm. A lot of us are on and just shoot the shit and chatting.... you would know that if you joined us. As I said...if you arent willing to meet us part way I will just pass....and let this all sort itself out. I dont understand when a huge portion of DoG adopts a new format to communicate and set up matches what the issue is with others. I know change is scary but sheesh.

• @EchoGolfSierra

For my own part, any weekday at 6:00 pm is a no-go as I'm on the train at that time. Saturdays are challenging for me in that suggested time slot as well as that's when I'm usually out and about and doing things around home.

Everyone's welcome to chat and shoot the shit where they want, but for me personally, I don't need another program to do so; especially one that I'll hardly ever be logged in to. I don't understand why this has become life or death all of a sudden.

I was also unaware that there was some kind of ultimatum that if I don't get Discord and "meet halfway," consequences will ensue. Being a member of Delay of Game did not require downloading and signing up for a third party chat client. Playing games with friends from this community has never required a third party chat client. In fact, the games we're playing requires one to log into a specific game client that has built-in chat as I've already mentioned.

I play the games I play because I enjoy them. I play with you and members of this community because I like you guys and I have fun playing with you. This is not serious business to me, it's supposed to be fun.

If how I do things is such an inconvenience for you, why not set up your own game nights through the method you wish to? It's not like I have the sole power to organize game nights.

Cheers.

RumGeoff
  • Hey all,

For now, March's schedule is as follows:

• Heroes of the Storm on Thurs. Mar. 2nd at 8:30 pm
    • Diablo III: Reaper of Souls on Thurs. Mar. 16th at 8:30 pm

I'll add the classic/weekend games when I get them sorted. @Sintacs has already adjusted the Steam Calendar.