This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Play Station Now Steaming service

Has anyone ever tried this streaming service? For those who arent aware....you shell out $19.99/month (typical subscription price) and you download and play any PS3 game you want to your PS4 or PC.

Did I read that right...play PS3 games on my PC for 19.99 a month. PS3 has a huge game catalogue and for 1/4 the price of basic cable I can download and play all those games?

Over 450+ titles available right now....more to follow. I got to tell you...I am very tempted just to be able to play them all on my PC ( presumably with my xbone controller )

Has anyone tried this??? would love to hear from anyone that actually used this service in the past

Comments

• I haven't tried it...i think it is a great service...but not sure I would pay that much for it. But if you haven't played the PS3 library of games...it could be well worth it

• I never owned a PS3 I was an XB 360 guy last gen.....so the entire library seems brand new to me.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

It wouldn't be worth it to me, I don't think id play enough games from ps3. I also have a ps3 and all the games I really wanted for the system

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@EchoGolfSierra A buddy of mine tried PlayStation Now via a free trial a few years back on his PlayStation Vita. He said it was good, but nothing he'd want to subscribe too.

Might be better via a console as opposed to a handheld though. There's a free trial, so you can test it out. Apparently it works on a PC as well.

• You don't download and play PS3 games, you get a streaming of the game running 100's of miles away that is almost always too laggy to play. It's a terrible service.
  • I started the free trial today...played on both my PS4 and my PC....no lag at all fast easy fun and 450 ps3 titles. I will let you know what it is like at different times...but on a sunday afternoon I had no lag.

Only one bug so far...surprisingly the games run better on my PC with a xbone controller then with my PS4 controller

Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

You know.... I might just try it out. Not yet but once things slow down a bit.

@Law212 said:
    You know.... I might just try it out. Not yet but once things slow down a bit.

Let us know how you like it. I never knew they added PC support.

• Well I just finished my 1 week trial and I really liked it....I played days and evenings ( nothing after 10 pm though) I had no issues with lag at all...everything ran really smoothly, so I am going to pay the $20 bucks and try it for a month and see how much I use the service.
    If I use it I see value at the $20 price point. I have played my PS4 a hell of a lot more this week than I have ever before.
    Now it should be noted...I live in London and Have Rogers extreme with 132mbps down and 10 up

so that might be why I am not sensing any lag

• I played that Warhammer Space Marine game & Uncharted 2 & there was pretty noticeable deadzones. Nothing crazy but it was there. Other than that it was pretty cool.

@EchoGolfSierra said:
    Well I just finished my 1 week trial and I really liked it....I played days and evenings ( nothing after 10 pm though) I had no issues with lag at all...everything ran really smoothly, so I am going to pay the $20 bucks and try it for a month and see how much I use the service.
    If I use it I see value at the $20 price point. I have played my PS4 a hell of a lot more this week than I have ever before.
    Now it should be noted...I live in London and Have Rogers extreme with 132mbps down and 10 up

so that might be why I am not sensing any lag

Glad you liked it. I always wanted to play God of War III, so I'll likely give this a whirl on my PC at some point. Did you try on PC at all, or only on your PlayStation 4?