This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
edited February 2017 in General

I installed Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion set, "The Frozen Throne" last night and all went well. It was super easy and again impressed me since it's such an old game (2002 release).

What's even crazier to me is the game is supported by nVidia GeForce Experience for Game Optimization!

Anyway, I didn't need to log in as an Administrator to patch the game by connecting to Battle.net Classic like I had to with Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. The game does support 1920x1080, but it's stretched which I don't like, so I'm playing in 1600x1200 to preserve the original 4x3 aspect ratio.

The only bug I've encountered so far is a known issue, where the game's Cinematics in Campaign (CG, not pre-rendered in-game) don't play correctly and the image is only a black screen. Blizzard Entertainment is hoping to resolve this in an upcoming patch.

After running the game for the first time and then exiting, Windows 10 Home popped up a message saying a Compatibility Issue was found and adjusted to be applied for the next time I run the program, but I didn't notice anything nor could I find any changes it made under the Compatibility Tab.

So so far so good. I did the Tutorial in "Reign of Chaos" and am now on Chapter III of the Human Campaign. The voice acting is so cheesy!

Also, looks like you need a separate Battle.net Classic account from Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, which I found odd.

Comments