This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

E3 2017 Throwing its Doors Open to the Public For the First Time

Anyone can go to E3 for just 150 bux. Only 15,000 tickets will be available to pre-purchase from Monday 13th February. However, a regular ticket will set you back $250, so it's worth getting in before the rush if you want to secure a place for less.

This year E3 takes place between 13th - 15th June, who is going or who would be interested in buying a ticket to LA and getting in on all the action?

Do people even still get excited over E3?

Comments

• I figure those tickets are gonna be gone in under 10 mins

• Law212Law212 Centurion

yeah then resold for 3 to 500

AnThMaN
  • ya, pretty much no chance of going unless you pay out the ass on stubhub

AnThMaN
  • RajioRajio Centurion

IF you're going to go, you've got to manage your expectations. Unless the exhibitors really change things up, its not quite a consumer thing, like PAX or FanExpo or anything. There aren't panels, not much in the way of food concessions, the popular things tend to have long lines, not much in the way of swag, no deals on gaming stuff to buy. Its fun, and there are a lot of games to check out, sometimes over a year before release even, but just gotta manage your expectations. the show isn't built for consumers which makes it different than all those other shows.they may change things now, but they may not. and it can still be pretty fun seeing all those games in one place. just know what you're getting yourself in for, thats all i'm saying.

15k is a lot of people. on top of all the other people who usually attend.

AnThMaN
  • Now I don't really feel like going anymore

• how many times have you gone Raj....and are you going this year?

• RajioRajio Centurion

i dont mean to be a downer on it, just trying to manage your expectations. its fun and exciting but yeah unless its dramatically different this year than previous years you're not walking away with a suitcase full of swag, free games, etc. its not like pax or blizzcon etc. you get to try out some upcoming games which is great if you're willing to wait in lines.

AnThMaN
  • I always assumed it was more about getting the press info on games for the next couple of years...and getting retailers excited to stock/promote upcoming games

• RajioRajio Centurion

yup. the press conferences are exciting but hard to get in to. not enough room for all press etc, plus you can stream them

AnThMaN
  • RajioRajio Centurion

i assume each will reserve some spots for the public now, but even that will be tough to get in to.

AnThMaN
  • Yeah seeing the Microsoft Press Conference is a must for me so if my chances of getting into that would be slim then that's a deal breaker.

• RajioRajio Centurion

the last few years they set aside a section for fans and major nelson did a meetup to give out passes for those fans, and those people got swag and stuff. i imagine they might do that again? but its still a bit of a gamble when you think of how many fans want in.

not trying to be a downer. just dont want you spending a few grand on a trip without knowing what to expect. it can still be lots of fun, just know what aspects are a gamble.

AnThMaN
  • AnThMaNAnThMaN n00b

Xbox Canada contest on twitter for 2 tickets + airfare + accomodations

JuxtaposeEchoGolfSierra
  • Just watched the Microsoft conference. Great to see original Xbox games being added. Only a couple of games caught my eye.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

@wikkiwild1 I watched it too but I must have missed original Xbox games being added. That's cool, but I honestly can't get hyped about it, as some of my favorite OG Xbox games were somewhat niche and didn't even get B/C on the 360 :(

I thought the MS conference was pretty bland overall, they've still given me no reason to keep my Xbone around, let alone upgrade to an X. If you have a gaming PC there's absolutely no reason to own or even consider owning an Xbone.

Sony's wasn't much better, and they had some technical issues at the start that kinda threw it off. They didn't really show anything we didn't already know about, and I don't recall seeing anything that got me excited.

I kind of wish devs could actually keep their projects under wraps until the release year, then show up at E3 with those and be all "hey, we have this cool new game coming, and guess what? It's releasing this year!" It's hard to care about anything I saw, as like I mentioned before, it's mostly things we already knew about, and it's all releasing in 2018+. I think I'll probably skip watching any E3 stuff next year as there really doesn't seem to be much of a point in it anymore.

• @Sintacs I like that to original Xbox games are now included in backwards compatability. There are several original games I like and still wish I had.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

I'd really like to see Gunvalkyrie included, but seeing as it wasn't even supported on the 360, I'm not holding my breath. I still have a lot of my favorite OG Xbox games, but at this point, most of them have had remasters, are still playable on the PC without having to jump through too many hoops, or they have had Xbox Live Arcade versions released on the 360, and made B/C on the Xbone already. What's left is obscure gems that I'm sure I'll have to buy another OG Xbox to play, as my old one died a couple years ago. Sure, they're implying all games will work right now, but I'll believe that when I see it. You know what they say about things sounding too good to be true...