This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

looking for a decent USB arcade controller

any of you fighting game times have a line on a decent USB arcade stick controller. I mean the little boxes you see the pro gamers use in fighting game tournaments... I am not looking for top of the line pro shit....just a decent one to test things out

Suggestions appreciated

Comments

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    any of you fighting game times have a line on a decent USB arcade stick controller. I mean the little boxes you see the pro gamers use in fighting game tournaments... I am not looking for top of the line pro shit....just a decent one to test things out

Suggestions appreciated

If I'm not mistaken, Hori and Razor make good sticks.

EchoGolfSierra
  • SintacsSintacs Centurion
    edited February 25

Hori's tend to be more on the expensive side, Razer stuff tends to be expensive for their build quality/durability. Personally between the two I'd say definitely go with Hori though (I'm really not a fan of Razer stuff, they're like the Beats headphones of gaming accessories).

On an unrelated note, I assume you're looking into this in relation to your Pi arcade thing, right? I know you're likely just getting the stick to try playing stuff with, and it's likely not something you'll be using for the project (that's a good chunk of money to be adding to a project like that). Not sure if you've seen many of em, but there's a good number of easy to assemble mini-arcade machine kits out there, one that I'm still considering is the Porta Pi Arcade.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I agree with Sintacs on that. I'm not a fan of Razer . Go Hori or Sanwa

• EchoGolfSierraEchoGolfSierra Centurion
    edited February 26

@Sintacs said:
    Hori's tend to be more on the expensive side, Razer stuff tends to be expensive for their build quality/durability. Personally between the two I'd say definitely go with Hori though (I'm really not a fan of Razer stuff, they're like the Beats headphones of gaming accessories).

On an unrelated note, I assume you're looking into this in relation to your Pi arcade thing, right? I know you're likely just getting the stick to try playing stuff with, and it's likely not something you'll be using for the project (that's a good chunk of money to be adding to a project like that). Not sure if you've seen many of em, but there's a good number of easy to assemble mini-arcade machine kits out there, one that I'm still considering is the Porta Pi Arcade.

ya literally....I was figuring on using it to test out various roms to find which ones are playable until I actually build a cabinet.

I will have access in april to a decent professional wood working shop so I hope to design and bang out a couple cabinets then.....
    I can assemble them and do all the electrical installation stuff back home

ya and I also wanted to measure and make a template of a controller layout to get the buttons optimally placed and all the angles right