This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Bill Paxton Viewing List

DoosDoos Centurion
edited March 5 in TV & Movies

So for those of you who haven't heard, Bill Paxton died because of complications during heart surgery. Fucking. Bummer.

This guy was one of my favorite supporting actors to see in flicks. He was rarely the main character but always a delight.

I will be doing a binge of movies he's been in over the next few weeks or months or however long it takes me to go through all of these movies. Here is my list of movies to watch that have him in it, in no particular order:

Aliens
Frailty
A Simple Plan
Twister
Apollo 13
True Lies
Tombstone
Club Dread
Weird Science
Edge of Tomorrow

There's a shit ton more but those are my favorites.

Streaker1978Juxtapose

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Am I wrong in thinking he was also in the new show Training Day?

• Nope, he was. He was also in the first season of Marvels Agents of Shield.

I'm definitely planning on an Aliens and Edge of Tomorrow night sometime in the near future.
    Juxtapose
  • I read somewhere that he was the only actor ever killed by a predator and an alien....dont quote me

• DoosDoos Centurion

Predator, Alien and a Terminator! He and Lance Henriksen (Bishop the Android from Aliens) share the honor.

• There is also a show from HBO called Big Love that he was in. I have never watched it, so can't give a critique...but critics really liked it

• Big Love was interesting....He play a polygamist living with three wives In America cira 1990s. The show was about that whole dynamic and was very interesting.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Doos said:
    Predator, Alien and a Terminator! He and Lance Henriksen (Bishop the Android from Aliens) share the honor.

Was Bill's punk character actually killed by Ah-bold in The Terminator? He punched that other guy to death, but Bill he just tossed away.

• DoosDoos Centurion

Good question. Does the terminator let anyone else live in that movie? I'll find out one day but I watched Terminator recently and it wasn't on my mind at the time and I'm not going back in just yet.

@Doos said:
    Good question. Does the terminator let anyone else live in that movie? I'll find out one day but I watched Terminator recently and it wasn't on my mind at the time and I'm not going back in just yet.

He let's that truck passenger live. The one he told to: Get out.

He also let's the cleaning dude of the motel he was staying in live, and the biker he knocked out of the way to check the phone book.

• DoosDoos Centurion

Is that from memory or is that a googling?

@Doos said:
    Is that from memory or is that a googling?

From memory, so correct me if I'm wrong on any of them.

• DoosDoos Centurion

True Lies still holds up very well for being over 20 years old. The only scenes that look off are the same ones that looked off in '94. Bike jump off the building and some of the harrier stuff. James Cameron is the tits.

@Doos said:
    True Lies still holds up very well for being over 20 years old. The only scenes that look off are the same ones that looked off in '94. Bike jump off the building and some of the harrier stuff. James Cameron is the tits.

I find his effects hold up very, very well. The effects in Terminator 2: Judgement Day still look fantastic.

• DoosDoos Centurion

The practical effects in T2 still look awesome. The CGI looks pretty dated but definitely still works.

@Doos said:
    The practical effects in T2 still look awesome. The CGI looks pretty dated but definitely still works.

I think the CGI has held up pretty well, honestly. It's not cutting edge, obviously, but still looks very, very good to me.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

the Cg in T2 holds up well because it also uses practical effects. so while they use CG to transform the T 1000 when he gets shot in the face and his head morphs, they also had moulds for different shapes of his morphed head which he wore at times so that it wasn't fully relying on CG.

JuxtaposeDoos
  • DoosDoos Centurion

The times when they mix practical and CG are what hold up the best. The times when it's just CG don't look as good as they used to. Still looks good but I don't see it the same way I did when I first saw it.. which was when I was 12 and it looked real. Like really real. My little mind was blown. Now it looks dated, is all I'm saying.

Juxtapose