This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

I just pooped myself.

VanishedNine

Was reading up on StarCraft Remastered and I've revised @VanishedNine's original thread title to better reflect what I found.

The major point of note is that Starcraft: Brood War patch 1.18 is being released this week coming, and when it launches StarCraft Anthology, the digital collection of the 1998 classic and its Expansion Set, will be re-released for free.

These details are available in the official press release for the announcement of StarCraft Remastered here.

StarCraft Remastered will be an HD version of StarCraft Anthology with 4K graphics, improved audio, and modern Online features (matchmaking and social) set to release this summer.

The game's official page can be found here, and announcement trailer below.

edited June 30

StarCraft Remastered is being released on August 14th for $14.99 (US). Apparently it'll have skins as well, and pre-purchasing will get you a new skin for the central structure of each Species.

You'll also get three Portraits and the Stukov Commander for StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.

The "remastered" "box art" looks fantastic. Was less keen on the above trailer, though obviously South Korea is where they're really marketing this.