This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Comments

• Im not sure how many times I watched this yesterday. It looks like we get to see what happened to Luke's Jedi Order

• Law212Law212 Centurion

The trailer looked great. I hope its as good as rogue one

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Law212 said:
    The trailer looked great. I hope its as good as rogue one

Same. I got my DVD copy of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story as well, which I need to watch after I'm done with the X-Men franchise.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

I think I've fallen out of love with Star Wars at this point. I absolutely loved it growing up, but these days the only thing I can muster for it is "meh". I wasn't overly hyped for the Force Awakens, ended up seeing it I theatres because everybody was claiming it was great, I though it was a movie. It wasn't great, it wasn't bad, it just... was. I probably won't bother going to see this one in theaters, I can wait till it hits the movie channels or Netflix this time.

• I didn't really enjoy the force awakens but Rogue One showed me that Star Wars can still be great. I hope the last Jedi is better that TFA was.
  • IgnitionCOREIgnitionCORE Centurion
    edited April 17

TFA was great, Rogue One was great

i'm excited for this movie as well

Star Wars is awesome

ReclaimerM3GTR
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

I tried watching Episode 3 last night. Its the ONE star wars movie I haven't been able to watch sicne seeing it in theatres. They really over did the CG environments in the prequel trilogy and every scene looks overly fake. The wooden acting by everyone doesn't help. Also, the stories are boring. I think they are overly political and really don't matter much because were just leading up to the birth of Darth Vader.

Juxtapose
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Sintacs said:
    I think I've fallen out of love with Star Wars at this point. I absolutely loved it growing up, but these days the only thing I can muster for it is "meh". I wasn't overly hyped for the Force Awakens, ended up seeing it I theatres because everybody was claiming it was great, I though it was a movie. It wasn't great, it wasn't bad, it just... was. I probably won't bother going to see this one in theaters, I can wait till it hits the movie channels or Netflix this time.

For me, I got out of Star Wars when I was a child watching Return of the Jedi for the first time. It was the mid-80's and I was watching it at home, and I remember turning to my mom and asking her how the Empire could be beaten by the Care Bears. From that point on, Star Wars was nothing special to me until Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic launched. That game and its story was fantastic.

Typically I go see Star Wars movies with people because they're simple, popular, people pleasers. Star Wars: The Force Awakens was crazy overhyped and it was a good movie, but that was it. I really did enjoy Rogue One: A Star Wars Story though; so much darker and grittier and militaristic, which is a style of sci-fi that I like.

• OzziOzzi Centurion
    My friend was telling me about Rogue One over the weekend. Ill have to rent it tonight! He got me so hyped to watch it!